Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:25 am

Is there an error in the app seat map for this aircraft? It shows exit row red triangles at row 20 and 22. However, the website and aerolopa show exit rows at 20 and 21, which makes more sense. Rows 21 and 22 are fully occupied already on my flight, so I can't see if it gives the exit row advisory when selecting a seat in either.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by meijiem
Is there an error in the app seat map for this aircraft? It shows exit row red triangles at row 20 and 22. However, the website and aerolopa show exit rows at 20 and 21, which makes more sense. Rows 21 and 22 are fully occupied already on my flight, so I can't see if it gives the exit row advisory when selecting a seat in either.
There are two versions of the aircraft. The Aerolopa is showing the pre slimline version. Almost if not all of the aircraft is now slimline, which has a weird layout with missing seats in row 21.

2nd row exit seats used to be the best in economy in the non slim line version. Not anymore in the slimline version.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
There are two versions of the aircraft. The Aerolopa is showing the pre slimline version. Almost if not all of the aircraft is now slimline, which has a weird layout with missing seats in row 21.

2nd row exit seats used to be the best in economy in the non slim line version. Not anymore in the slimline version.
Isn't this the slimline version?
https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75s

The app looks like this.

I forgot to write earlier, but I was trying to figure out whether row 20 reclines or not. If row 21 does not have the door, then row 20 could recline, but if 21 does, which I think is likely, then 20 would not recline. I see now that an earlier picture in this thread shows row 21 with a door.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Just double checking that the new IFE on the refreshed slimline 757 has bluetooth?

Last edited by Say Vandelay; Feb 18, 2024 at 1:03 pm
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Just double checking that the new IFE on the refreshed slimline 757 has bluetooth?
No.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:28 am

I’ll be taking a red eye from Vegas to Newark soon.

which is better 1A or 4F? 1 might have light from the galley and 4 is pretty close to the rear lav.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If you are very galley sensitive, 4F, otherwise 1A for the footwell. I have slept well in both.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by findark
If you are very galley sensitive, 4F, otherwise 1A for the footwell. I have slept well in both.
My preference is 4F: I just really like that seat. In all honesty, I love a B752, so I’d take any window seat—an aisle if I had to.
findark likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Troutster2

which is better 1A or 4F? 1 might have light from the galley and 4 is pretty close to the rear lav.
1A, and bring an eye mask?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4F, decline meal service. Go right to sleep once in the air, which isn't much anyway, but helps a bit.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Troutster2

1A, use sleep mask and noise cancelling head phones (in ear since I’m a side sleeper). The wedge foot wells in rows 2-4 is a tight fit and I don’t have big feet.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
This was 22A. As others posted above, unlimited legroom and I had no issue putting my backpack in the overhead. Similar to flying in 7A except people don't trip over your feet boarding. Only downsides were, like row 7, the video screen folds out, so you can't start watching your shows until after takeoff and they make you stow it at 10k, and obviously you can't alight as quickly as row 7. But still the best E- seat. As a Silver I am glad I decided to keep it and not move to E+ middle at check-in.

SPN Lifer, Infinite1K and Repooc17 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta, United, American
Row 7 info

Does Row 7 (bulkhead) on the newer version really have notable restricted legroom like SeatGuru implies?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clintonuws
Does Row 7 (bulkhead) on the newer version really have notable restricted legroom like SeatGuru implies?
7A, 7B, and 7C have "unlimited" legroom since they are adjacent to door 2L. 7D, 7E, and 7F have a wall in front which maybe restrictive, especially if you are tall.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by clintonuws
Originally Posted by Repooc17
7A, 7B, and 7C have "unlimited" legroom since they are adjacent to door 2L. 7D, 7E, and 7F have a wall in front which maybe restrictive, especially if you are tall.
Also, do *NOT* rely on SeatGuru for any reliable info...it's been outdated for years now. Aerolopa seems to be the recommended site these days. Here's the link for info on the 757-200. The seat/window spacing shown in the diagrams should all be basically correct.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75s
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and Say Vandelay like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.