Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Quick question - I couldn't find it mentioned in previous posts - on the new 757 configuration are the overhead bins above rows 7 and 8 c still occupied by a raft? I seem to recall last time I flew one (not the new config) it was. Thanks!
EDIT: I was on a 757-200 this past weekend and can answer my question, the raft is stored in the bin above 7 DEF with a tiny area next to it for storing something about the size of a laptop case. The area above 7 ABC is partially occupied by what I think might be infant life vests or something in two small yellow packages, but there was room there to store my backpack.

Last edited by Waldofriend; Oct 24, 2023 at 3:52 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:10 am

Does row 12 have limited recline? I don't see this on seatguru, nor on the seat map (which looks incorrect as it is missing 4AB?)

But it says limited recline when I try to pick a seat

If it is indeed "limited", what % of normal recline this might be?

Last edited by malgudi; Nov 18, 2023 at 3:54 pm
Old Nov 18, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi (Post # 512)
Does row 12 have limited recline? I don't see this on seatguru, nor on the seat map (which looks incorrect as it is missing 4AB?)

But it says limited recline when I try to pick a seat
SeatGuru has not been updated in several years.

Much more accurate is Aero Location of Passenger Accommodations (aeroLOPA). There are two types of UA Boeing 757-200: Type 75B and Type 75S.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75b

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75s

Typically, the row in front of exit seating does indeed have limited recline, though I do not see that specified on aeroLOPA. To be safe, I would trust the UA website warning, absent any confirmed comments in this thread to the contrary.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Nov 18, 2023 at 6:38 pm
Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
SeatGuru has not been updated in several years.

Much more accurate is Aero Location of Passenger Accommodations (aeroLOPA). There are two types of UA Boeing 757-200: Type 75B and Type 75S.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75b

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75s

Typically, the row in front of exit seating does indeed have limited recline, though I do not see that specified on aeroLOPA. To be safe, I would trust the UA website warning, absent any confirmed comments in this thread to the contrary.
Thanks. I didn't see any mention in the wiki here either.

The UA seatmap is weird (missing 4AB)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by malgudi; Nov 18, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I sat in 12C yesterday on a 757-200 (75s) from EWR to LAS and it reclined. I might have preferred more of a cushion on the seat, but it was quite comfortable, everything considered. I will miss these planes when they're gone.
SPN Lifer and malgudi like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 513)
Originally Posted by Waldofriend (Post # 515)
I sat in 12C yesterday on a 757-200 (75s) from EWR to LAS and it reclined.
Okay, I would trust the lack of a comment in aeroLOPA, and the report of a FlyerTalker, over the UA website.

Full recline it is.
malgudi likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Waldofriend
I will miss these planes when they're gone.
There's another thread proclaiming the brilliance of the 752. Don't fly much domestic, so would like to know what's so good about this plane compared to the 737 or any other UA offering?
Flew this bird cross-country recently in E, and didn't like it at all; but maybe I am missing something?

From Wiki above: "United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats."
Maybe I flew the other version?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by malgudi
... The UA seatmap is weird (missing 4AB)
Reserved for crew rest for TATL flights. Will open for seat selection at checkin

Originally Posted by narvik
There's another thread proclaiming the brilliance of the 752. Don't fly much domestic, so would like to know what's so good about this plane compared to the 737 or any other UA offering? ....
Reading the thread the discussion is mostly about the "power at takeoff" and the "sound" of the engines.
Flew this bird cross-country recently in E, and didn't like it at all; but maybe I am missing something?
From Wiki above: "United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats."
Maybe I flew the other version?
There two have some differences (coat closet vs half row of seats, 2 versus 3 seats in the exit row). The newer slimline seats have less padding. In E+. the Version 1, the seat pitch is significant greater (2"-3") than a 739. And the seat recline if 6" vs 3". V2 is still more the 739 but only 1" in both pitch and recline.
In F, the lie flats are the older generation.
malgudi likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 19, 2023 at 10:55 am Reason: slimline padding
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
There's another thread proclaiming the brilliance of the 752. Don't fly much domestic, so would like to know what's so good about this plane compared to the 737 or any other UA offering?...
Only single-aisle w/ lie-flats. Door 2 boarding I think is good for both F and Y (a little less back up in jetway). Aesthetically, I like the high-fuselage profile (vs the 737's stubby, belly-closer-to-the-ground look. And the cabin is a 1/2" wider
SPN Lifer, Waldofriend and eeb100k like this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Southwest A-List, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by Slurve30
My wife and I recently flew ORD-DUB in Row 21 since they are a pair vs triplet. Not a good idea, it is definitely standard legroom AND no recline. Even though we liked the idea of nobody sitting next to us, it is weird because 22A can put their legs in the empty area and also reaches all the way forward to stow their bags. So definitely avoid Row 21.

We changed our seats on the way back to a non-exit E+ seat on our return flight and were much more comfortable.
Flew in seat 21B last week DEN-SFO. Even though I could have chosen any E+ seat, I was rather curious about this row as well. Definitely not extra legroom, but since I had short legs, didn’t matter for me; my neighbor was definitely squished in. For me who like a window view, the unlimited elbow room towards the window was a plus. For a short flight, if you are traveling as a couple (and if you don’t mind the standard legroom), it is worthy of consideration.

UA 757-200 seat 21B
Say Vandelay likes this.

Last edited by N777UA; Nov 21, 2023 at 10:15 am Reason: fixed caption
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium, LTP; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by N777UA
Flew in seat 21B last week DEN-SFO. Even though I could have chosen any E+ seat, I was rather curious about this row as well. Definitely not extra legroom, but since I had short legs, didnít matter for me; my neighbor was definitely squished in. For me who like a window view, the unlimited elbow room towards the window was a plus. For a short flight, if you are traveling as a couple (and if you donít mind the standard legroom), it is worthy of consideration.

UA 757-200 seat 21B
United should charge 22A and 22F with E++ seating fees. These seats have a lot of more legrooms than any E+ seat on this plane.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
22A or 22F are just weird seats to be in. Row 21 used to be one of the best thing about 757 main cabin pre-slim line retrofit, now I can't stand that entire section in the low 20s. Will take the most front non-exit row, non middle seat, so I can get out sooner. While I still have fond memories, including the nice meal, and fooling around with a stranger seat mate, the enjoyment of 752 is largely gone now.
Slurve30 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:54 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Only single-aisle w/ lie-flats. Door 2 boarding I think is good for both F and Y
That's why I love 757s. Boarding seems so civilized when the whole plane doesn't walk through the cabin.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
So with 4AB being missing on the seat map, on non TATL flights, does United sell the full 16 seater cabin, or limit sales to 14 seats?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
On flights where 4AB aren't required for crew rest (this is most but not necessarily all non-TATL flights, as longer flights like DEN-LIH/KOA might still require crew rest), UA sells the cabin to 16 seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.