Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
I flew home on LH last weekend, the first leg was late night local time (morning US time) it posted the next day US time before I even boarded my second leg. The second leg posted next day too.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
I'm probably asking the obvious, but was the fare class eligible for mileage accrual?
Old May 30, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
sigh. flew IST-FRA LH, FRA-IAD UA, IAD-EWR UA last week on the 19th. the UA segments have all posted, but the LH segment is still missing. yay.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
sigh. flew IST-FRA LH, FRA-IAD UA, IAD-EWR UA last week on the 19th. the UA segments have all posted, but the LH segment is still missing. yay.
I flew a pair of TK flights on my 016 ticket this week due to my UA MX & missing my LH connector. Paid J so in theory not a problem, but I can only image how long it will take.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:41 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
If it is a LH 220 ticket stock it will post very fast - if it is a codeshare 016 ticket on LH it will never post naturally......I have flown 16 segments 016 - UA/LH codeshares none posted automatically the status is not on the BP either - it will only say UAP a sure sign it will not post unless you call!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I flew a pair of TK flights on my 016 ticket this week due to my UA MX & missing my LH connector. Paid J so in theory not a problem, but I can only image how long it will take.
Amazingly, I flew several TK flights (016 ticket stock) last week and they all posted within 3 days (and with proper PQDs!).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Amazingly, I flew several TK flights (016 ticket stock) last week and they all posted within 3 days (and with proper PQDs!).

-FlyerBeek
I'm at 5 days now, no dice yet...have already put an alert in my calendar for 10 days from now to contact the MPSC
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA-Gold SPG-Gold Avis-First
Strange email response RE Missing Miles request

Has anyone received this message after trying to request missing miles credit on the Mileageplus website?

"Our records indicate that you may have submitted incorrect data. Please resubmit your request."

This is the second time I've had this on their canned email response. Last time I eventually got the credit. (Don't know if it matters but it was for SQ business class both times.)

thx
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
Did it eventually post or was manual intervention required?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:22 am

Requesting LH Credit

This may have been discussed upthread somewhere but just in case...

Spoke with a MP agent today regarding a request I'd made for LH credit. I received an acceptance e-mail but, in fact, LH had rejected it. The key, the agent informed me, was that I should have used "UAxxxx" for the codeshare flight number or "LHyyy" in the "Flight No" field. She stated that she sees these rejects from LH "every single day." Silly that UA would send me an acceptance e-mail for a request that only they themselves had accepted but that LH had immediately rejected.

She did state that she was going to report the situation to see if a dropdown or something could be added to force users to choose and enter either one or the other (UA/LH). YMMV, FYI...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS
On my last contact to the MPSC (where I had to request a PQD adjustment), I got this note:

"Hello villox,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.

There is a known issue regarding Lufthansa flights on a United Ticket stock which is causing the flights to post with the "0" missing from the ticket number so the system automatically thinks that the ticket is not eligible, they are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I have adjusted XXXX Premier Qualifying Dollars for your segment on XXX. Please allow 24-48 hours for this activity to appear on your MileagePlus account.

I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us."

This doesn't necessarily explain why I ALWAYS have to request a credit for a UA codeshare on an LH-operated flight, but does explain the PQD problem.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by villox
On my last contact to the MPSC (where I had to request a PQD adjustment), I got this note:

"Hello villox,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.

There is a known issue regarding Lufthansa flights on a United Ticket stock which is causing the flights to post with the "0" missing from the ticket number so the system automatically thinks that the ticket is not eligible, they are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I have adjusted XXXX Premier Qualifying Dollars for your segment on XXX. Please 1allow 24-48 hours for this activity to appear on your MileagePlus account.

I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us."

This doesn't necessarily explain why I ALWAYS have to request a credit for a UA codeshare on an LH-operated flight, but does explain the PQD problem.
OMG I am so sick of this! I fly at least four LH flights a month and they still haven't worked this out in spite of knowing the issue for almost a year now! It is bewildering why UA makes us work so hard to get what we have already earned! In the last month I flew 6 segments on LH codeshares - not one of them has posted correctly. I'm so sick of the incompetence here its stunning!

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jun 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
OMG I am so sick of this! I fly at least four LH flights a month and they still haven't worked this out in spite of knowing the issue for almost a year now! It is bewildering why UA makes us work so hard to get what we have already earned! In the last month I flew 6 segments on LH codeshares - not one of them has posted correctly. I'm so sick of the incompetence here its stunning!
Just a short while back I had an MP rep insist that my experience of not receiving LH credit was a rarity and that "the system almost always works by itself - you just have to wait." I could hear her sneering at me through the phone. At the end of the day, UA doesn't want any of us code sharing on LH or any other partner airline and are unlikely in the extreme to lift a finger to fix this or any other related issue. I wouldn't put it past them to have purposely built it into the system as a "feature."
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
At the end of the day, UA doesn't want any of us code sharing on LH or any other partner airline and are unlikely in the extreme to lift a finger to fix this or any other related issue. I wouldn't put it past them to have purposely built it into the system as a "feature."
I appreciate your frustration, but am pretty certain this is just incompetence, and probably mostly on LH's part.

Pax are really only reporting this problem with LH codeshares. No similar problem with codeshares on NH, AC, CM, etc.

Also, UA should be delighted to have you buy LH codeshares. Under the JV agreement, they get a share of the ticket revenue, without actually having to do anything at all to transport you to your destination.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kacee
I appreciate your frustration, but am pretty certain this is just incompetence, and probably mostly on LH's part.

Pax are really only reporting this problem with LH codeshares. No similar problem with codeshares on NH, AC, CM, etc.

Also, UA should be delighted to have you buy LH codeshares. Under the JV agreement, they get a share of the ticket revenue, without actually having to do anything at all to transport you to your destination.
I fly on LH all the time, and I can usually only get our corp travel agent to book on 016 stock if I book the codeshare. For now this only affects my PQD, in the future it will mean more RDM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.