Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by frankmu
Oops, sorry. Just looked at the title under the icon. It was the manatee product.

Just downloaded neoreader... It does mobile passes
Got it, thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by frankmu
Oops, sorry. Just looked at the title under the icon. It was the manatee product.

Just downloaded neoreader... It does mobile passes
How do you get neoreader to do a mobile bp?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
searching this thread for "neoreader" shows a few solutions, such as
Originally Posted by villox
On your iPhone, pressing the home button and the sleep button at the top at the same time saves a screenshot to your photo album. Then you can send this somewhere else (email it to yourself, message it to a friend, or do like I do and upload it to Dropbox so I can open it from my iPad) and then scan it with your phone from there.

It's a bit of a pain, but in my experience it's better to use the mobile BP at TSA because the barcode is more reliable, so it's helpful to confirm in advance that you've got the 3.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by goalie
I had to use my iphone to take a screenshot of my mobile bp, then email it to myself...then display on my computer in normal size (don't stretch or zoom)...the neoreader decoded it right away and I saw ^3, so it looks like I'm good for Pre tomorrow - except there is no Pre lane at FLL
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:14 pm

So far I'm 5/5 when travelling alone, 0/3 when travelling with the missus on the same PNR. Anyone had any luck when travelling with someone else on the same PNR?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnieZ
So far I'm 5/5 when travelling alone, 0/3 when travelling with the missus on the same PNR. Anyone had any luck when travelling with someone else on the same PNR?
Yes! Mr. OCTeckels and I both got PreCheck on the same PNR when we flew LAX-BOS last month. We both have Global Entry.

Our PreCheck failures have come when traveling on tickets purchased via a travel agency (credit card reward programs).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: United 1K
I read through this and connot figure out where the magical 3 might be??

I just flew a few weeks ago and didnt even realize that I might or might not be picked for pre check.

But after reading all this, I pulled up one of my tickets and there is not a three anywhere?? There is a box on the ticket about Pre check:

TSA pre-screening participants

At New York/Newark Liberty (EWR), TSA pre-screening checkpoints are located at
Terminal C, Checkpoint C3. If you are enrolled in the TSA pre-screening program,
please proceed to the security lanes at Terminal C after you have finished checking in
and checking your baggage.
For more information, go to united.com/tsaprescreening

does this mean i could have went through pre check?
(i did put my ID into the pre check page a while back)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by donho00
I read through this and connot figure out where the magical 3 might be??

I just flew a few weeks ago and didnt even realize that I might or might not be picked for pre check.

But after reading all this, I pulled up one of my tickets and there is not a three anywhere?? There is a box on the ticket about Pre check:

TSA pre-screening participants

At New York/Newark Liberty (EWR), TSA pre-screening checkpoints are located at
Terminal C, Checkpoint C3. If you are enrolled in the TSA pre-screening program,
please proceed to the security lanes at Terminal C after you have finished checking in
and checking your baggage.
For more information, go to united.com/tsaprescreening

It’s hidden in the bar code. In this thread you’ll see instructions for decoding the bar code. You’ll then see a couple rows of text and numbers. Off by itself in the lower right hand corner will be a single digit number. If it’s a “3” you’re in. If it’s any other number you’re not.

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
I read through this and cannot figure out where the magical 3 might be??
You need to scan the bar code on your BP. Search this thread for "manatee" and "neoreader" and you should find what you seek.

Post 1100 and a few following should be instructive:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19247765-post1100.html
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The box on your boarding pass is just offering up the location of the Pre-Check area. It is not reflective of selection.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:27 pm

OK, neoreader is crap. i used an old barcode reader i had downloaded and it read my BP perfectly.
I only scanned the first ticket EWR to SFO(was trip to MNL)
here is what it breaks down to:

M1lastname/firstnameMR YHBSNJ4
GUMMNLUA 183 270K007D3
11F>30B WW268 BUA 0E016

was I accepted for pre check?

and what is the 3 beeps? The noise the precheck makes?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:37 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I think you won't be getting pre-check with the "0" instead of a "3"

The bp scanner gives the Three Beeps of Joy before the TSA agent says "Enter into the Kingdom"
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I think you won't be getting pre-check with the "0" instead of a "3"

The bp scanner gives the Three Beeps of Joy before the TSA agent says "Enter into the Kingdom"
so it is the very bottom number??

how are we suppose to know this? it doesnt mention it on any TSA site about scanning a BP and seeing a magic 3. So if that day I walked into the precheck lane, they would have scanned my ticket and booted me out?

if that is case, this is a lousy system. Shouldn't the ticket just say approved for pre check? Instead of getting into another lane to maybe enter the kingdom of pre check??
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I think you're misunderstanding the nature of the program.... Here's hoping the next one will indeed be a "3" for you.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...i used an old barcode reader i had downloaded and it read my BP perfectly....
you might want to edit out the PNR id.
..was I accepted for pre check? ...
nope -- appears you have a 0 not a 3.
so it is the very bottom number?? ...
yes

... how are we suppose to know this? it doesnt mention it on any TSA site about scanning a BP and seeing a magic 3. ...
believe it was never TSA's intent you would know in advance.

...So if that day I walked into the precheck lane, they would have scanned my ticket and booted me out? ...
yes, and in some cases even if you have the 'magic' code, they will randomly reject some.

...if that is case, this is a lousy system. Shouldn't the ticket just say approved for pre check? Instead of getting into another lane to maybe enter the kingdom of pre check??
they consider the uncertainty as a part of the security
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I think you're misunderstanding the nature of the program.... Here's hoping the next one will indeed be a "3" for you.
agree (on both)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.