Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:30 am

Got the 3 beeps with my mobile BP yesterday at ORD Terminal 1, but I went through Premier Security that didn't have a PreCheck line. Sooo.... fail.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Heads up.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Here's the official word on the lane move from today's Alaska Airlines Insider:

Seattle's PreCheck Lane
Now Located at the Central Checkpoint

Just a note that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will be moving the PreCheck lane from the North checkpoint to the Central checkpoint at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Look for airport signage that will guide you to the Central checkpoint PreCheck lane.
Oct 21 is the scheduled move date.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Heads up.

Seattle's PreCheck Lane
Now Located at the Central Checkpoint

Oct 21 is the scheduled move date.
BOOOO! They should just open a second one there. If the program is going to be successful they need it in more locations.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Answering my own questions:

1) Does having a PASSID but not final GOES interview work? YES
2) Can you do it with LH issued ticket and domestic leg of RTW ticket? YES
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: Platinum
Going through HNL this morning, I noticed some dividing walls up at the UA TSA check point. Looks like they have cleared a lane on the right hand side. No scanners at the check point though. (My wife is still getting no love from the TSA, no 3 on her boarding pass)

Good luck to those who can use it in the next few weeks!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
PIT is now online. You can find the Pre-Check lane at the main checkpoint.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...irport-657751/
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
PIT is now online. You can find the Pre-Check lane at the main checkpoint.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...irport-657751/
Excellent news. Thanks. ^
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Someone clarify. If I have a BP for DEN-SEA then can I use precheck in DEN or will the system see that I have a connection to NRT and disqualify me?

I will at least give it a shot.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by gnaget
Someone clarify. I have a BP for DEN-SEA then can I use precheck in DEN or will the system see that I have a connection to NRT and disqualify me.

I will at least give it a shot.
You should be disqualified in that case because of your international connection..but if you're not please report back.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
You should be disqualified in that case because of your international connection..but if you're not please report back.
+1
Any connection to or from any non-domestic will disqualify you.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:03 pm

Ok, thanks. Although at DCA yesterday I could skip the huge lines (both elite and regular) just by saying that I was pre-check. They ran the BP at the end of the line. So next step was either left for pre-check X-ray or straight ahead for regular pax like being at the front of the elite line.

I thought my RTW ticket would not be eligible since the "itinerary" involves international but this was domestic with stopover so works fine.

It's idiotic to exclude international flights.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I agree. There was some talk about the program extending to international itineraries when PreCheck was announced. But nothing since then.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

I agree.. and I think if they want to drive up participation they may eventually alter their criteria.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I engaged a JFK T8 TSA agent about this (very friendly and seemed smart, so was worth it to chat for a minute while the lines were full). He basically said "we'd love to, but we need the other countries to participate". I didn't want to argue, but I don't understand the relevance of where you're traveling to...it's if you pass muster with the TSA in the USA.

Anyone else have any idea why no love on int'l trips?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I engaged a JFK T8 TSA agent about this (very friendly and seemed smart, so was worth it to chat for a minute while the lines were full). He basically said "we'd love to, but we need the other countries to participate". I didn't want to argue, but I don't understand the relevance of where you're traveling to...it's if you pass muster with the TSA in the USA.

Anyone else have any idea why no love on int'l trips?
Theoretically you do not have to go through security on arrival in Europe, for example, because US security meets the European standard (or exceeds it). But in practice this does not happen because you mix with pax arriving from Lagos in FRA, for example. And they are not "clean".

Now with precheck you haven't taken out your laptop and therefore do not meet the Euro screening criteria............

But I would rather sacrifice this effectively non-existent "benefit" of having gone thru regular TSA in US. I don't see European airports being reconfigured to accommodate "sterile" US pax. And I would rather suffer security in Europe than regular TSA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.