Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by gohima
I finally got the beloved 3 for my flight out of lax tomorrow. What time does precheck open at lax? Im on the 6 am transcon run so id be there around 4:45-5 am..
I went through LAX around 4:20am last week for the 6am to JFK. You should be fine.

In addition Just flew through at BOS today, only one guy in front of me at pre-check though the machine here does not have the 3 beeps so i was a little confused. Elite line was >20 deep.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Keep checking the schedule portion of GOES. Earlier appointments often open up due to a cancellation, etc.
Thanks, I'll do that.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by goalie
How do you get neoreader to do a mobile bp?
searching this thread for "neoreader" shows a few solutions, such as
Originally Posted by villox
On your iPhone, pressing the home button and the sleep button at the top at the same time saves a screenshot to your photo album. Then you can send this somewhere else (email it to yourself, message it to a friend, or do like I do and upload it to Dropbox so I can open it from my iPad) and then scan it with your phone from there.

It's a bit of a pain, but in my experience it's better to use the mobile BP at TSA because the barcode is more reliable, so it's helpful to confirm in advance that you've got the 3.
I've done both picture to e-mail and picture to dropbox but I must be missing something as I can't find a way to have the bp open in neoreader on my iPhone
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: Platinum
I've done both picture to e-mail and picture to dropbox but I must be missing something as I can't find a way to have the bp open in neoreader on my iPhone
You have to open the picture of your bp on another device, like your laptop or I pad (or your wife's iPhone if you are like me). You can then use your iPhone and open the neoreader app and scan the code by pointing it to said device.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by frankmu
You have to open the picture of your bp on another device, like your laptop ...You can then use your iPhone and open the neoreader app and scan the code by pointing it to said device.
True.

Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by frankmu
You have to open the picture of your bp on another device, like your laptop or I pad (or your wife's iPhone if you are like me). You can then use your iPhone and open the neoreader app and scan the code by pointing it to said device.
Got it and that sure is a lotta work . Methinks I'm gonna stay with the manatee app and take a scan of BP on the screen of my computer and then again of my paper BP
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Baze
And my interview isn't until Jan 4th. Oh well, Use my clear until then.
When I applied for the Global Entry program my interview appointment was several weeks away. Prior to my official appointment I flew back into SFO on an early morning flight, popped into the enrollment center and asked if they had any cancellations that day. They didn't, but the gentleman was quite gracious and did the interview on the spot.

As always, your mileage may vary, but if you're at SFO prior to January 4th it wouldn't hurt to drop in and ask if they can take you.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Accusoft Barcode Scanner on my Nexus tablet reads the paper barcode and displays the data perfectly and easily. I hadn't tried it on the mobile BP before the flight out of DIA. No 3 for me. I notice my profile had middle init only and boarding pass has always had my full middle name. I don't see how to fix it on MP traveler profile?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danville 1K
When I applied for the Global Entry program my interview appointment was several weeks away. Prior to my official appointment I flew back into SFO on an early morning flight, popped into the enrollment center and asked if they had any cancellations that day. They didn't, but the gentleman was quite gracious and did the interview on the spot.

As always, your mileage may vary, but if you're at SFO prior to January 4th it wouldn't hurt to drop in and ask if they can take you.
Cool. Thanks for the hint. Will be there a few times this month.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by oblisk
I went through LAX around 4:20am last week for the 6am to JFK. You should be fine.

In addition Just flew through at BOS today, only one guy in front of me at pre-check though the machine here does not have the 3 beeps so i was a little confused. Elite line was >20 deep.
The machine at IAD yesterday was bright, shiny, and beep-less.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 38,000feet
The machine at IAD yesterday was bright, shiny, and beep-less.
Did it show LLL on the screen or illuminate a green light?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Does anyone have info/rumors on BOS Terminal C?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The scanner came in handy again. This time at ORD today. Elite lane was super long an i had the magic 3 and I made i through Pre quickly

Originally Posted by BOISJC744
Does anyone have info/rumors on BOS Terminal C?
I have not heard anything but the last two weekends the elite lane has been WTMD only.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
TSA PreCheck coming to SFO on November 15!

As i was going through security for my United flight at SFO this morning I noticed that the scanner for electronic boarding passes was an updated model. After scanning my boarding pass the TSA agent asked if I was signed up for PreCheck and then informed me that it should be up and running by November 15th. Glad this program is finally making it to SFO!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Will it be available in the international terminal G end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.