Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 38,000feet
First time TSA-Pre at DEN today. I went curbside to boarding in a little under ten minutes.
Just used it today at DEN. Awesome. Curbside to C44 in under 10 minutes. ^^
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Out of IAH I have been about 50/50 getting precheck. This is as a 1k with Global Entry. Hoping that it starts happening more frequently going forward...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by mrswirl
Can't wait for this. SFO is the one airport in most need of PreCheck. Half the city is "Premier" or higher it seems.

Since they installed nude-o-scopes at all the checkpoints the lines have gotten even longer.
it doesn't help that the contract agents there like to "balance out" the lines. I hope pre-check is preempts that problem too. given the sporadic hours of the premier checkpoint, it would be best if it were at the main T3 checkpoint. I assume it will never be at the intl checkpoint.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:06 pm

Great LAX experience

Didn't even know that Pre-Check was in use at LAX yet, but on my flight to EWR last week, I was told to go to the right and upon doing so, was instructed by the TSA to just put my carry on (with computer) on the belt, and take out my cell phone and any change in my pockets. I left my belt and shoes on, walked through the detector and picked up my carry on in under 60 seconds.
Incredible.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
LGA Pre-check, UA flyer worth it to try AA line?

Will be flying out of LGA soon. I know UA lacks pre-check, but if it is crowded could I use the AA line? Will they let me? The machine should read my boarding pass fine regardless of airline.

Map looks like UA and AA are in Terminal B. Given the walk time to the UA concourse is it even worth the trouble to try?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by abaheti
Will be flying out of LGA soon. I know UA lacks pre-check, but if it is crowded could I use the AA line? Will they let me? The machine should read my boarding pass fine regardless of airline.
Map looks like UA and AA are in Terminal B. Given the walk time to the UA concourse is it even worth the trouble to try?
The UA/AA Eagle C concourse/pier is not connected post security to the AA (PreCheck) D concourse/pier.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by kingalien
Long line at Premier security at ORD today. Didn't immediately realize pre-check was a separate line which was empty. I knew I had pre-check and hopped into that line. TSA lady immediately said if I did not have pre-check i would have to return to the back of the regular line. 3 beeps ^ .
Went through Pre-Check at ORD yesterday afternoon. The lady in front of me didn't get the three beeps but the TSA lady told her to go straight and bypass the regular elite line. I got the 3 beeps and the TSA lady swung open the gate to the Pre-Check area. Through in less than a minute.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just had my first denial at LAX this morning I'll see what happens on Saturday to figure out if a trend is afoot, given I had a nasty altercation with a tsa manager-idiot last month who made a copy of my non-UA bp, but could have taken my UA MP number....hopefully I wasn't 'flagged' in their system, otherwise I need to get my lawyer involved to go after this doofus.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Just had my first denial at LAX this morning I'll see what happens on Saturday to figure out if a trend is afoot, given I had a nasty altercation with a tsa manager-idiot last month who made a copy of my non-UA bp, but could have taken my UA MP number....hopefully I wasn't 'flagged' in their system, otherwise I need to get my lawyer involved to go after this doofus.
My understanding of how this program works, is that it is still supposed to be 'random' -- that even TT are not necessarily going to get preCheck every time.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Had a wonderful experience @ LAX yesterday morning. Straight through PreCheck Lane, only one using it I saw.

Does anyone know if FLL has come online or if they have a timeline for it?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Plat SPG Gold
Two for two (domestic) for IND so far.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by oblisk
Had a wonderful experience @ LAX yesterday morning. Straight through PreCheck Lane, only one using it I saw.

Does anyone know if FLL has come online or if they have a timeline for it?
Nothing currently planned for FLL T1 West (United's area), although there is a lane without a WTMD that is a perfect fit for the system.

Originally Posted by mnmag
My understanding of how this program works, is that it is still supposed to be 'random' -- that even TT are not necessarily going to get preCheck every time.
True - and I had sailed through over a dozen times (even at airports without Pre, just the scanner) without a miss. It was just a little odd to get my first denial a few weeks after my altercation...so I'll be watching the trend closely.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:40 am

I asked my last time through FLL and they said that PRECHECK is coming to DL first and if all goes well, will spread to US/AA next and finally UA.

Dan
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I had the best (only) good experience I've ever had at LAX Premier security last week. Breezed through in less than a minute.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I got an e-mail from DHS this morning hyping PreCheck for Global Entry and NEXUS holders, pointing out that all we have to do is make sure our airline has our pass ID # (which can be found on the GOES website) in the appropriate field on our reservation & FF profile ("contact your airline").

Now, if only the airports I fly through most often would roll PreCheck out... well, at least it's coming to IAD soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.