Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:39 am

For those who suffer from excessive paranoia, is there any way to find out what information the airline will share with the US government if I apply for this programme? I am not currently in any of the US or Canada fast-track immigration programmes. (For what's is worth, where I live, applying for the fast-track immigration seemed to be automatic as soon as I got my work visa.)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by ScratchyDog
For those who suffer from excessive paranoia, is there any way to find out what information the airline will share with the US government if I apply for this programme? I am not currently in any of the US or Canada fast-track immigration programmes. (For what's is worth, where I live, applying for the fast-track immigration seemed to be automatic as soon as I got my work visa.)
Where do you live, really? ;-)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Signs at PIT announcing Pre is on its way. Sure could've used it today as the security lines were backed up all the way to the outside doors.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
Where do you live, really? ;-)
Singapore. When I got my visa (I'm a permanent resident now), they took my thumb print. Stick my passport into the machine, walk through the gate, put my thumb on the little reader, then walk through the second gate, and I'm in. Same deal when leaving.

From your location, it looks like you are in the only country that ever asks me any questions at immigration.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by plj496
I went through the HNL United checkpoint the other day, and when the TSA agent scanned my mobile BP, it beeped three times. Since there is no PreCheck at HNL currently, the beeps were bittersweet.

Then the agent mentioned something about trying again after October 23rd

So, consider that a rumor.
Excellent! Unfortunately, that means it won't be there in two weeks. I will listen for those three beeps however
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:37 am

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
Went through DEN yesterday morning and breezed through TSA precheck line in all of 30 seconds. I was a bit nervous because my boarding pass only has my middle initial and my Global Entry Card has my full middle name - apparently it didn't matter after all.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Travelin Man 069
Went through DEN yesterday morning and breezed through TSA precheck line in all of 30 seconds. I was a bit nervous because my boarding pass only has my middle initial and my Global Entry Card has my full middle name - apparently it didn't matter after all.
After endless permutations, I think that I've figured out that the name on the ticket (and thus on the boarding pass) is irrelevant -- what has to match exactly is the GE name and the TSA Secure Flight data that can be adjusted via UA's "edit traveler info" line in the reservation.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
reading this thread makes me jealous. registered on day 1...still haven't been eligible at any Pre checkpoint...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2.7 million miler)
Works like a charm

The TSApre line again worked like a charm for me this week. I have now successfully used it on each of my last three trips originating at EWR. And each time, I have been the only one in that line at that time. I can't believe that they set it up just for me, but it sure feels that way! There were a couple of people ahead of me, but did not get past the redcoat check.

I'm sure its the calm before the storm.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Starman
After endless permutations, I think that I've figured out that the name on the ticket (and thus on the boarding pass) is irrelevant -- what has to match exactly is the GE name and the TSA Secure Flight data that can be adjusted via UA's "edit traveler info" line in the reservation.
@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I have a P.S. Flight out of JFK on friday. Any word on if It is Pre-Check is setup @ JFK?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
reading this thread makes me jealous. registered on day 1...still haven't been eligible at any Pre checkpoint...
Are you a GE or NEXUS member?

Originally Posted by oblisk
I have a P.S. Flight out of JFK on friday. Any word on if It is Pre-Check is setup @ JFK?
Nothing so far. Rumors of it happening sometime in October, but I doubt you'll see anything on Friday..

If you get a chance, you might ask of the clerks working the desk to see if they know anything.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
On a R/T ticket - if you don't get the 3 beeps on the outbound, does that then mean you're hosed on the return? Missed it LGA-ORD yesterday, which doesn't matter - but would really like to have on the return
Originally Posted by QSilver
Not necessarily...it's done flight-by-flight.
^ - just got Pre at ORD on my return.

Come on LGA already...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are you a GE or NEXUS member?

I signed up for NEXUS (not Global Entry) in April 2012 - all set no issues.

I have entered the US from CA, MX, EU (via both car & air) now over 12 times and I use the Global Entry Kiosk with no issues (!?!??!).

Entered my info in UA right away once allowed - have YET to get any inviation to use the TSA-PRE lines.

(YES I triple checked my name, number, ect..)

Any ideas?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by tasnam
Entered my info in UA right away once allowed - have YET to get any inviation to use the TSA-PRE lines.

(YES I triple checked my name, number, ect..)

Any ideas?
You don't need an invitation. Just go to the PreCheck lane and they'll scan your BP or fone. [edit] unsure if NEXUS alone will cut the mustard.

Oh BTW, I ran into a new scanner at BOS terminal A on Sunday. It doesn't beep at all, but somehow signals the agent that you're either in or out. I didn't get any beeps but was waved on through. The scanner looked different than the one used later at IAH when I came back in from outside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.