Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by dan1431
The EWR AirServ people have been making up their own rules for years and CO (UA) Mgmt speaks with them, they seem fix whatever the issue is and then a few months later start causing a new issues all again.

Dan
These aren't TSA agents and therefore you're not under the same rules to follow their instructions. They have as much authority to tell you what to do as a volunteer airport greeter. I have on several occasions ignored them (politely) when they were wrong. For example, the old GS lane (before pre-check) at EWR C3 was usually roped off. A couple times, the maroon coat (not understanding what the "GS" on my BP meant) would point me to the Premier line. I said "thank you" or "good morning" and let myself in not looking back. They never said anything.

Don't they have TSA agents at the beginning of the Pre-check lane (they did the last time I was there)? If you get the 3 beeps, just go ahead (avoiding physical contact of course). The worse that could happen is they follow you to the TSA agent, who will let you past anyway, probably with a curt word to the maroon coat.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
These aren't TSA agents and therefore you're not under the same rules to follow their instructions. They have as much authority to tell you what to do as a volunteer airport greeter. I have on several occasions ignored them (politely) when they were wrong. For example, the old GS lane (before pre-check) at EWR C3 was usually roped off. A couple times, the maroon coat (not understanding what the "GS" on my BP meant) would point me to the Premier line. I said "thank you" or "good morning" and let myself in not looking back. They never said anything.

Don't they have TSA agents at the beginning of the Pre-check lane (they did the last time I was there)? If you get the 3 beeps, just go ahead (avoiding physical contact of course). The worse that could happen is they follow you to the TSA agent, who will let you past anyway, probably with a curt word to the maroon coat.
Makes perfect sense.

Dan
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
These aren't TSA agents and therefore you're not under the same rules to follow their instructions.
I had one of these contract workers stick the TSA on me at JFK when I walked past them. Most are benign. Some will power trip.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yes, BPs have the coding whether or not pre-check is running at the airport or not. Gotten the 3 beeps several times at airports before they had pre-check up and running.
Got the three bleeps at DFW terminal E this ayem, despite no PreCheck facilities. Oh well, someday. Was gonna go to terminal D but time was against me.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
So, if I have a United Pre-Check valid boarding pass (scanned with a "3" showing), will I get the Pre-Check experience at DFW if I use security at A, C, or D? The TSA chart says only American Airlines.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:48 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
So, if I have a United Pre-Check valid boarding pass (scanned with a "3" showing), will I get the Pre-Check experience at DFW if I use security at A, C, or D? The TSA chart says only American Airlines.
Carrier doesn't make a difference at the TDC; LLL is LLL.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
With the announcement that NEXUS members will be able to use Pre-Check, I hope we'll see the ability to get Pre-Check on Canadian itineraries.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Mine is very similar and starts to wonky about the same place as yours

Char 66: Check in location (online(WW), kiosk(0K), agent (R0))..I've got 11F>30B MM Maybe MM is Mobile??
Char 69: Day of year of check-in...correct, Julian date one less then above since I checked in the night before
Char 73: Marketing airline code (correct, says BUA)
Char 89: Not sure, AA puts 29 here, AS puts 25. (my BP says 0E here)
Char 91: Ticketing airline 3-digit code (001, 027) (correct, 016)
Char 94: Ticket number (mine has no ticket number included)

After this, there is one more stray "3" a few spaces later.

After that, I get what looks like a bunch of either binary or encrypted text. This was when scanning the Aztec mobile boarding pass on my phone with another phone. When scanning the PDF417 version on the emailed BP, I don't get anything after the couple of spaces followed by a 3.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to check if it was Pre eligible because I am going out of SNA and there is no Pre. I've noticed that their scanners don't seem to indicate Pre at all. Instead of being the kinda standalone scanners mounted on a pole (big black metal box), they instead have the kind that are integrated into their little podium. I haven't heard any beeps out of them. I can try to look and see if LLL shows up at all.

Note that I have gotten the triple beep at DEN (also not Pre) and on DL at SLC (actually got to use Pre), so I know it is working for me
Really confused....Downloaded Neoreader for iPhone, enrolled in NEXUS & GE for 8+ months.

My barcode reads......

(half way down)

11F>30B MM281 BUA {next line} (Understand this from above conversation)
0E016 {next line}
3^160........then tons of random characters..(Is this the "3" that everyone is speking about)???

Thanks trying to figure this whole thing out
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tasnam
Really confused....Downloaded Neoreader for iPhone, enrolled in NEXUS & GE for 8+ months.

My barcode reads......

(half way down)

0E016 {next line}
3^160........then tons of random characters..(Is this the "3" that everyone is speking about)???

The very last character, which will be separated from the rest by several spaces, should be either a 0 or a 3. This is the 3 everyone is looking for.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
The very last character, which will be separated from the rest by several spaces, should be either a 0 or a 3. This is the 3 everyone is looking for.
OK thanks, but this is my confusion....

My Last line of 9 digits is:

HvCrzsg==

What does that mean?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Just wanted to report that I got pre-check out of EWR & then out of LAX yesterday!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:51 am

OK thanks, but this is my confusion....

My Last line of 9 digits is:

HvCrzsg==

What does that mean?
Just went back and checked some of my recent BP's and one set does have some info after the magic 3. In that case, it says UA UA followed by my MP number. On this BP the magic 3 is also character 104. All the other BP's I've scanned end with the magic 3 and it is character 91. Now, these are all UA trips and all of them, except the one odd one, have 0E016 followed by several spaces, then the magic 3. The one odd one has 3016 (followed by several numbers) instead of 0E016. This is followed by several spaces, the magic 3, then UA UA and my MP number. It is apparent from other posts in this thread the different airlines put different fields in the barcode (not sure why this happened on this one BP of mine, as all were trips booked on UA on the website.) Anyway, based on what I see if you have 0E016 followed by some spaces then a 3, this is the magic 3 and you should get the three beeps.

I have no guess as to what your extra characters mean.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:40 pm

My barcode reads......

(half way down)

0E016 {next line}

Actually the "thumbs up" symbol in my post is the < carrot vertical of Shift "6" but it turns out that it makes a thumbs up. ^ <---see it does it again.

So my code is:

0E016 {new line}
3<160..... <-carrot - is this the magic 3?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
manatee?

Sorry I have read thru almost al 104 replies but hv a newbie ?
How does the manatee app work? I downloaded it and see the code almost like a camera but which button should i push to get the number sequence to see if it ends in a 3?
Thnx
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:05 pm

Actually the "thumbs up" symbol in my post is the < carrot vertical of Shift "6" but it turns out that it makes a thumbs up. ^ <---see it does it again.

So my code is:

0E016 {new line}
3<160..... <-carrot - is this the magic 3?
The scanner I use does not put a line feed at this point, but I would say Yes, you will get the three beeps. Hope you are going through an airport with Pre-Check. Me, I have been getting the beeps, but have yet to be anywhere with it in place yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.