Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
From the AA forum.

Originally Posted by danville 1K
This morning at 4:45 a.m. at SFO terminal 2 there were several suits walking around observing the checkpoint. A new procedure was being used; all boarding passes were being scanned instead of just the cell phone boarding passes. Guess they were ramping up the training for the TSA agents. The suits were telling passengers about Pre-Check coming to SFO and handing out literature.

I was about the 25th person in line at the elite check point when it opened, but my boarding pass was the first to give off the delightful 3 beeps. The suit in charge confirmed November 12th as the inaugural date.
Let's hope that this is the same for T3!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by tapeguy
I used the Manatee scanner to look at my printed boarding pass before I went to the airport and saw the magic number 3 at the end of the bar code.

I just checked my boarding pass for the return trip and it has the magic 3 at the end
What does this above mean?

"Manatee Scanner & what #3 at the end of what bar code?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tasnam

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
search this thread for "PDF417" and you will find multiple tools for decoding the bar code for the magical "3"
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
Originally Posted by tasnam

In previous posts there are discussions about a scanning app for your phone. If the last number of the bar code sequence is a 3, then you are good to go for recheck.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Just got this email from DHS. I have Global Entry. Subject "CBP Trusted Travelers are eligible for expedited TSA screening"

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is partnering with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for , an initiative that allows eligible passengers to qualify for expedited screening at participating airports.

U.S. citizens, who are members of a CBP Trusted Traveler program, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS are automatically eligible to participate and receive expedited screening benefits for domestic travel through the initiative. benefits include keeping shoes, light outerwear and belts on, keeping laptops in their cases, and leaving the 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in one’s carry-on during screening through TSA security checkpoints.

Members interested in participating in through their Trusted Traveler program membership must enter their PASS ID into the ‘Known Traveler’ field when booking a flight reservation or saving their PASS ID to their airline’s frequent flyer profile. Members can find their PASS ID either online by accessing their GOES account, or on the back of their membership card in the top-left corner.

When traveling on one of the participating airlines, CBP Trusted Traveler members should remember to provide the airline with their full name, date of birth, and PASS ID exactly as it appears in their CBP Trusted Traveler program online account to ensure they are properly considered for .

To learn more, visit www.globalentry.gov or www.tsa.gov.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Good news for Canadian TT program members: staring on 11/15, you can use PreCheck through your TT program membership, without any status qualification.

NEXUS / TSA Pre-Check
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by epicurus
So if I removed the Known Passenger Number, what else I need to do? Just check the "pre" box and that's it?
That's what I did and it seems to have worked. I was batting .000 with my PassID number included now I'm 100% without it.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: 1MM; UA GS; United Club; Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold); SPG Gold; National Exec Elite; Global En
Originally Posted by bseller
Unless you use land crossings, this is the ONLY thing this card is good for!

Dave
Not true.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bseller
Unless you use land crossings, this is the ONLY thing this card is good for!

Dave
I use my GE card as ID for the TSA and Club entrance. Easier to get out of my wallet than my license. (It sits in the provided RFID-resistant case.)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Have Global Entry and received the same DHS email about CBP Trusted Travelers being eligible for TSA PreCheck.

As noted by many others the key portion of the email was:
When traveling on one of the participating airlines, CBP Trusted Traveler members should remember to provide the airline with their full name,
date of birth, and PASS ID exactly as it appears in their CBP Trusted Traveler program online account
to ensure they are properly considered for .

After ensuring that my info matched I've been 100% successful with PreCheck at ORD.

Last edited by LinBros; Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 am Reason: Formating
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:10 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Let's keep this on-topic about Pre Check questions and experiences on United. Please ask your other Pre Check questions in the Travel Safety/Security forum.

Thank you.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:00 am

I'm a Canadian citizen with a green card and Nexus/Sentri/GE. I put my pass id in my MP profile a couple of months ago.

After scanning my BP at IAD security checkpoint last month and getting three beeps I was notified that Precheck would be opening there soon so I figured I was accepted in the program.

I arrived at C3 checkpoint at EWR terminal C yesterday afternoon to find 300+ people in line ahead of me. I walked up to the empty precheck line, got three beeps and breezed right through in less than a minute.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mrswirl
That's what I did and it seems to have worked. I was batting .000 with my PassID number included now I'm 100% without it.
Ok, just did. wish me luck!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
After eight times through security since this was introduced at ORD (and I registered through UA), I finally got the three beeps today! I hope my future record is better than one in nine.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ms_go
After eight times through security since this was introduced at ORD (and I registered through UA), I finally got the three beeps today! I hope my future record is better than one in nine.
I'm 7/8 at ORD and 8/9 overall. The only miss I had was my very first try at ORD.

For the record, I have my PASSID in my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.