Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm still trying to figure out how to trigger my other half to get Precheck without Nexus/GE.

So, based on the comments upthread, the name issue only matters *if* you are using Nexus/GE to quality for Pre. If you are using Pre as a United elite where the airline is 'sponsoring' you for selection, the name does not need to match exactly?

Here is the scenario...tickets were bought on travelocity.com

Name on the ticket smith/johny (where 'y' is the middle initial)

Name on the United account Dr. John Y. Smith - where I would imagine the ticketed name would read smith/johnydr

I tried to update the traveler profile on united.com, but there is no edit function for the name....so my only option is to edit the travelocity profile so the ticket is issued as smith/johnydr using the name Dr. John Y Smith.

But...is any of this necessary given we're not using Nexus/GE to qualify?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:53 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
... yes, and in some cases even if you have the 'magic' code, they will randomly reject some.
Has happened to me once. And then I got my own Very Special Screening. Sigh.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
... I tried to update the traveler profile on united.com, but there is no edit function for the name ....
but it change be edited in the PNR (Edit traveler information)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: United 1K
I just printed out a BP from last month.

It has the same 0 on the bottom line???!!

I am GE. I have my ID in the field on the United website? what am i doing wrong??

I am going to pull my trip from before and see if it is still a 0

I just checked that third BP and still a 0???

can I just be that unlucky? or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by donho00
OK, neoreader is crap. i used an old barcode reader i had downloaded and it read my BP perfectly.
I only scanned the first ticket EWR to SFO(was trip to MNL)
here is what it breaks down to:

M1lastname/firstnameMR YHBSNJ4
GUMMNLUA 183 270K007D3
11F>30B WW268 BUA 0E016

was I accepted for pre check?

and what is the 3 beeps? The noise the precheck makes?

It is also rumored that itineraries with international segments will not qualify for PreCheck. This applies to the whole itinerary including the domestic portions.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by donho00
I am GE. I have my ID in the field on the United website? what am i doing wrong??
It would be a good idea to consider reading back through this thread more closely. All of the questions you've been asking are answered in quite a bit of detail, with lots of personal experiences.

To point you in the right direction: Have you made sure that the Secure Flight info on your United reservation matches EXACTLY your GE information? Including an exact match for Middle Name or Initial?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by mrswirl
It is also rumored that itineraries with international segments will not qualify for PreCheck. This applies to the whole itinerary including the domestic portions.
Not rumored..fact.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: United 1K
i just read through the United TSA info and saw this:

When departing from a participating airport on an itinerary wholly within the United States, visit the TSA pre-screen designated security checkpoint.

all my BP are for international. TSA pre check only works on domestic flights??
If thats the case, it is literally worthless to me since 95% of my travel is international

Oh well. maybe one day it will change. I guess i am stuck in the cattle line.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I've gotten the pre-check thing to work exactly once, and that was on US at DCA. All the other times it has been either and INTL itinerary, or the airport (BGR, OGG, etc.) doesn't yet have pre-check. The first time I could have used it was at LAX, but I didn't have the GE name & trusted traveler numbers correct (before I read this thread).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by goalie
How do you get neoreader to do a mobile bp?
I downloaded the app to my iPhone and scanned my wife's IPhone

So at LAX, my boys and I got the three beeps, while my wife didn't, as predicted. We got through in seconds, except for my hand getting swabbed just past the metal detectors, while my wife got stuck behind a lady with half a dozen carry-ons in the regular line.

Interestingly, my father-in-law (my wife did not change her name) got a bunch of secondaries a few years ago, and was told his last name was similar to a Somali of interest. My FIL is of Slovak decent. I hope she will get the three beeps soon.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:13 am

Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow with a Seat in the Fully Reclined Position
Programs: UA Global Services, UA 2 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Honors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I heard from TSA that the Pre-Check program is coming to SFO in mid-November. The date provided is November 13th. Has anyone else heard something similar? I received this news from two TSA agents at SFO on Friday 10/12.

Tom
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hopegrad
I heard from TSA that the Pre-Check program is coming to SFO in mid-November. The date provided is November 13th. Has anyone else heard something similar? I received this news from two TSA agents at SFO on Friday 10/12.

Tom
That's what we've also heard.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:32 pm
formerly gohima

I finally got the beloved 3 for my flight out of lax tomorrow. What time does precheck open at lax? Im on the 6 am transcon run so id be there around 4:45-5 am..
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hopegrad

Tom
And my interview isn't until Jan 4th. Oh well, Use my clear until then.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Baze
And my interview isn't until Jan 4th. Oh well, Use my clear until then.
Keep checking the schedule portion of GOES. Earlier appointments often open up due to a cancellation, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.