Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
I thought people were saying that it's an extra digit on the end of the ticket number (see post 2346). I do have an extra digit but it's a 1, not a 3. ...
it is an added char in the ticket number embedded in the barcode, not the print ticket number

... How does one decode the barcode or how are people reporting that they see a 3 or 0?
multiple tools are discussed in this thread, it depends on the type of BP (paper, electronic, .... and the type of mobile device)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
it is an added char in the ticket number embedded in the barcode, not the print ticket number

multiple tools are discussed in this thread, it depends on the type of BP (paper, electronic, .... and the type of mobile device)
Ok. I think I finally understand. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:48 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Went thru PreCheck at HNL this past Saturday...the checkpoint for United was easily 30 minutes long. Went to the PreCheck line and the line was empty with just me (a private lane for me basically)...I was thru in 30 seconds...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I've been going through PreCheck a lot lately. Realizing that when I book a o/w fare i have a 0% success rate versus close to 100% with r/t tickets.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
I've been going through PreCheck a lot lately. Realizing that when I book a o/w fare i have a 0% success rate versus close to 100% with r/t tickets.
I just did OLCI for an RSW-CLE flight tomorrow, one-way ticket booked about a month ago. The BP has the magic "3". I'm Silver and a GE member.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Knock on wood, I've had no problems with o/w tickets, both on AA and UA. As always, be sure that the PASS ID is in your booking if you're GE/NEXUS. (Are you? If not, that might be a differentiator for how o/w tickets are handled.)

Last edited by GoAmtrak; Dec 4, 2012 at 1:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
I have had my pass scanned on 1-way tickets and gotten 3 beeps. Unfortunately both times it was at airports w/o pre-check.

I have been through many times now w/ 100% success. I love it. A time machine back to the 90s.

My wife (who is registered and a member of Global Entry) got rejected the only time she tried. I spoke to another frequent traveler in the Pre-check lane who said that the same think happened to her (infrequently travelling) hubby.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I have GE/Nexus and registered for TP.
When it started in EWR - I got 3beeps on my first two flights, but recently I have gotten single beep.
I dont have barcode for the old tickets to compare. But trying to decode using clearImage - I am not seeing either 1 or 3 where one would expect it.

Here is my recent decode - could someone advise where the dreaded 1 or 3 supposed to be?
thanks!

M1KFirst/Last PNR DepArrUA Flight 000F000x0000 00x>000
0 x0000BUA 00ticketnumber0 UA UA MPnumber
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Knock on wood, I've had no problems with o/w tickets, both on AA and UA. As always, be sure that the PASS ID is in your booking if you're GE/NEXUS. (Are you? If not, that might be a differentiator for how o/w tickets are handled.)
+1

I've had no problems with o/w tix, except for a one-off flight on DL. Added my PASS ID when I booked the ticket (LGA-PWM), but it did not have the necessary digits.. Fortunately the lane I went through was WTMD only.

Originally Posted by dsauch
I have GE/Nexus and registered for TP.
When it started in EWR - I got 3beeps on my first two flights, but recently I have gotten single beep.
I dont have barcode for the old tickets to compare. But trying to decode using clearImage - I am not seeing either 1 or 3 where one would expect it.

Here is my recent decode - could someone advise where the dreaded 1 or 3 supposed to be?
thanks!

M1KFirst/Last PNR DepArrUA Flight 000F000x0000 00x>000
0 x0000BUA 00ticketnumber0 UA UA MPnumber
You've got '0 UA UA'. Unfortunately that translates to no Pre-Check access.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

You've got '0 UA UA'. Unfortunately that translates to no Pre-Check access.
so the last number before UA UA... interestingly the ticket number doesnt match the actual ticket number on the last digit, its 0 in barcode and 6 in pnr.
I had 0 there on two prior flights where TP didnt kick in
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:27 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by gengar
I don't buy that theory at all, since pax who go through PreCheck can still get on board international flights without any additional security.
The TSA probably did not think of that, and won't think of that until the first time it's abused by someone who sneaked in too much lotion through a PreCheck checkpoint onto an int'l flight and gets caught at which point PreCheck will just be "temporarily" suspended forever.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Single beep this morning at DEN. Had a TA print a BP (since I now know the kiosk ones at DEN don't scan at the PreCheck scanner and the hotel business center was broken) at T-33 , and the PreCheckDenied/CLEAR lane took about 10 minutes to clear. Made it to the gate just as they were paging my name...

I really wish the UA app would give me a mobile BP even if it were just for my originating UA flight. This no-mobile-BP-if-a-codeshare-exists thing is getting annoying.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
I got it on a o/w ticket last week.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:39 pm

I got it on a o/w ticket last week.
Got it to on a o/w ticket on IND-EWR a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Almost all my tickets this year have been one-ways. Almost always successful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.