Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver
Sounds like they did a print run because my TK Elite Gold card arrived this morning as well!

Now to use it! Will I be OK to get access to the *A Lounge in LHR T1 if I'm flying a LH flight *and* I credit the flight to LH? Or should I credit it to TK so I get *G on the BP?
Old May 7, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by magyaar
Sounds like they did a print run because my TK Elite Gold card arrived this morning as well!

Now to use it! Will I be OK to get access to the *A Lounge in LHR T1 if I'm flying a LH flight *and* I credit the flight to LH? Or should I credit it to TK so I get *G on the BP?
In my experience it doesn't matter which carrier you fly or credit for the flight. But you'll need your physical TK *G card for sure. Unless you want TK miles vs LH, just credit where you would normally credit -- which miles do you prefer? If they ask, just say you prefer to credit LH for this flight.

--arun
Old May 9, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by magyaar

Yes, you can credit somewhere else. But, some lounge attendants don't understand the rules, so it is known to happen once in a while that they change the earning to the *G card you present.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I status matched for my TK card and my Dad's in 2013. Mine came. His never did. I emailed, sent web requests, etc. Always told that it would be sent.

Pretty much gave up on it.

Then today it arrives.

Seriously 10 months. Now I understand why they give you status for 2 years..... that way if it takes 10 months to get you the card, you can still use it for a year!
Old May 11, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I submitted status match on 28April. Haven't heard anything from them
Old May 11, 2014, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hobo13
I status matched for my TK card and my Dad's in 2013. Mine came. His never did. I emailed, sent web requests, etc. Always told that it would be sent.

Pretty much gave up on it.

Then today it arrives.

Seriously 10 months. Now I understand why they give you status for 2 years..... that way if it takes 10 months to get you the card, you can still use it for a year!
I think you are talking about only card !

what do you want to do with card. I am elite plus never carried my card , never had any problem at all, does not matter if I fly with TK or any other star alliance member.

nowadays it is all electronic, so not need plastic form at all. it makes the wallet busy ,that is all.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by xxlboy
I think you are talking about only card !

what do you want to do with card. I am elite plus never carried my card , never had any problem at all, does not matter if I fly with TK or any other star alliance member.

nowadays it is all electronic, so not need plastic form at all. it makes the wallet busy ,that is all.
That is wrong. Try entering a contract lounge at many airports around the world and the staff will insist on the physical card. At some airports fast track access requires the card as well.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Request submitted today, 12 May 2014; will report back when I hear something!

Old May 13, 2014, 9:03 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Haha! I applied in June '13 (I think) and also got my elite card package today. Very impressive. Good thing status is through end of June '15.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by NH2176
I became A3*G this month and have not received the physical card yet.
Is there anybody who tried status match before a physical card arrived? Did TK accept it or not?
I tried American EXPLAT match with copies of statements and was rejected. They want copy of physical card. AA has still not sent card. I have requested every month since December 2013.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:53 am

For a status match through the form, do I have to choose the following from the drop-down menus:

• Miles and Smiles Programme
  • Request
  • Membership Processing

?
Old May 15, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sliiide
For a status match through the form, do I have to choose the following from the drop-down menus:

• Miles and Smiles Programme
  • Request
  • Membership Processing

?

Originally Posted by HasteFlier
New feedback, then
category: M&S programme
Feedback type: comment
Subject: membership processing
Unrelated with flight

There is a detailed walk-through here: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/18/t...-status-match/
Old May 15, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: JL-JGP (Oneworld Emerald), CX-Gold, TK-elite/NH-SFC (Staralliance Gold), DL-Gold, Hilton/SPG-Gold
I chose "Request".

But I think the contents what the poster sliiide wants to do and asks to TK are more important. So the poster had better fulfill the columns and go through the formalities as HasteFiler showed.

Please read carefully in that page.

Good luck.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:38 am

thanks both!
Old May 16, 2014, 7:56 pm

Card received on May 9!

Status Matched my husband's UA 1K account back in May 2013. Sent requests for card and heard nothing back. Were planning a trip to IST to pick up the card in July. Finally just when we had given up...The card arrived last Friday on May 9. I yelled up to my husband "Guess what is in the mail" He half jokingly said "My Turkish Airline card" expecting me to say no but instead I said yes! It took over a year to get the physical card. Crazy!

He is happy to report that he used the card to get into UA Club Lounge in ORD and DCA already. They did tell him that the first time he entered the lounge that because he had his United number on his ticket that "this was tricky" but 5 sec later let him into the lounge with a guest. Not sure what they meant by that but his miles still posted to his UA Account like normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.