Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by Alex100i
I've been updated to Gold Elite at the end of December..
Got 1000 TK Miles recently on my account, with the trick of the new emails/phone/TK ID..
I've send an email to the Turkish local offices (Berlin) in order to receive the card by post..Requested also on the TK Miles&Smiles website..

Nothing. Zero. I'm still waiting to receive this holy TK Gold card.
Anyone of you was able to have it at home in 2014? Are they sending the Gold cards or not?
That's a good question...

Was matched in December 2013 as well, was waiting for the Gold Card. End of January, I dropped them a message as I still did not get the card to be sent to Germany. They replied on Feb 4th, card had been sent out on Feb 3rd.

Nothing received up to beginning of March, dropped them another email. They replied: "Your M&S membership card will be sent out to your address once you fly with TK or any of Star Alliance Member Airlines. You can use your membership number or temporary card until you receive your permanent card."

??? First they said they sent out the card, later on they say, I need to fly first before getting the card??? Once I bank some miles on TK account, they will probably say, card has been sent out but I am afraid I will still never receive it -whatever the reasons are...

I do not mind having the original card or not, but some Lounge Dragons mind...

Oh, another suggestion they made is" you can also get your original M&S Card... Ataturk International Terminal....". I feel like the mountain waiting for the prophet to come...

I suggest, push the "lost card" button once a week, until you get the card...

Good luck!
Cheers ^
Fraserman
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:57 am

The easiest way to receive card, to my mind, is to collect it in IST airport or ask someone who will be there to do it for you, your M&S number and name will be enough.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by vid1
The easiest way to receive card, to my mind, is to collect it in IST airport or ask someone who will be there to do it for you, your M&S number and name will be enough.
No ID required? @:-)

Is there anyone reading this thread willing to be a mule hauling cards from IST to the US?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: JL-JGP (Oneworld Emerald), CX-Gold, TK-elite/NH-SFC (Staralliance Gold), DL-Gold, Hilton/SPG-Gold
Japan Airlines FLY ON JGC Premier To Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite (Match)

Last autumn, I showed Turkish Airlines my elite status cards as a member of the oneworld Emerald (Japan Airlines: JAL Premier status) and the Star Alliance GOLD (All Nippon Airways: ANA PLATINUM status). I also showed the one world Ruby (Cathay Pacific Silver) and Delta Gold. I attached photographs of status member cards, copies of transaction statements with detailed travel activities for past 12 months with Japan Airlines and Cathay Pacific Airways, and future travel schedule on Japan Airlines. Eventually, Turkish Airlines gave me an Elite status 16 days later.

Last edited by northernhawk; Mar 15, 2014 at 7:48 am Reason: correcting
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
How long does it take to be myself recognized as TK*G on other Star Alliance carriers' computers?
When I became *G on A3, it took only a few days.
However, this time, my TK*G has not been recognized on other Star Alliance carriers' computers yet, although I became TK*G on Mar. 7.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: JL-JGP (Oneworld Emerald), CX-Gold, TK-elite/NH-SFC (Staralliance Gold), DL-Gold, Hilton/SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by NH2176
How long does it take to be myself recognized as TK*G on other Star Alliance carriers' computers?
When I became *G on A3, it took only a few days.
However, this time, my TK*G has not been recognized on other Star Alliance carriers' computers yet, although I became TK*G on Mar. 7.
> NH2176
I am so sorry but unfortunately, I have not used any flights of StarAlliance such as SQ or TG except All Nippon Airways (ANA) after getting TK elite in last November. Recently I use mainly Japan Airlines and Cathay Pacific Airways and both are belong oneworld alliance. Of course, I have an elite status as ANA (StarAlliance Gold) which is equal to TK elite, but I have no experiences about other airlines belonging to StarAlliance. Eventually, I have no idea about your question that how long does it take to be myself recognized as TK*G on other Star Alliance carriers' computers.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
No ID required? @:-)

Is there anyone reading this thread willing to be a mule hauling cards from IST to the US?
No id required. I asked my friend to collect it IST, it took only 5 minutes his time.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:01 am
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by vid1
I was successfully status matched to Gold from BA GGL. Am waiting for the card but honestly do I really need it? I never carry any of my frequent flyer cards as my status is listed on the boarding card which gives me access to the lounge etc. Is it different with TK? I am flying economy next week (oh the horror) and want to be assured that I get access to the lounge without the card.

I am in IST all the time now so do they automatically have the gold card there or do I have to request they send it there?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Moz

I am in IST all the time now so do they automatically have the gold card there or do I have to request they send it there?
They have a machine that will create card on the spot. If the machine is out of order, don't give up, they can go and do it with other one.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Moz
I was successfully status matched to Gold from BA GGL. Am waiting for the card but honestly do I really need it? I never carry any of my frequent flyer cards as my status is listed on the boarding card which gives me access to the lounge etc. Is it different with TK? I am flying economy next week (oh the horror) and want to be assured that I get access to the lounge without the card.

You don't need it in most cases, but some lounge dragons (LH Senator at MUC in my experience) will be reluctant to let you in without it - though I always got in at the end. If you don't have the card with you, a printed statement can come pretty handy for those cases.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
You don't need it in most cases, but some lounge dragons (LH Senator at MUC in my experience) will be reluctant to let you in without it - though I always got in at the end. If you don't have the card with you, a printed statement can come pretty handy for those cases.
Never had to present a card at a LH Senator Lounge. At the SWISS and Austrian Lounges I have always been asked for a card.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
Finally I am recognized as TK*G on UA's computer.
It took 16 days since I requested for status matching.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:45 pm

Finally I am recognized as TK*G on UA's computer.
It took 16 days since I requested for status matching.
>NH2176
Thank for your useful report.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum (OWE) VA Gold
TK Status Match

I applied over a week ago.

Yet to get a reply.

I am OWE and provided copy of card and statement

Interesting the comment on picking up a card in IST, a friend will be there next week, but doubtful I will get the match in time
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
When I request for a physical card and luggage tags through the website form, TK replied me on the next business day that they had already sent the package on that day and asked me to let TK know so that TK arrange another shipment if I would not received it within one month. This is what I experienced a few days ago.
And unfortunately if your experience is like 90% of us that haven't been able to fly through IST recently, after those 30 days you will be requesting it again, and again and again. I received my match in September and am still going back in forth with TK on getting my card.

This last round, they gave me the option of instead having it sent to the local sales office near my airport (LAX) which in theory should be much more reliable, but I'm coming up on my 30 days again in the next week and a half, and at this point I'm not holding my breath....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.