Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:15 am

Regarding TK match and Aegean.
TK has a requirement that there shall have been activity on the particular account within the past three month (as far as I recall). I know a friend who was rejected due to no activity.
And yes, calculate with up tom two month before getting a reply from them.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Yeah it seems it takes a long time to get matched with TK

I sent my OWE a month ago with no response so far, been patient until today but soon expecting to hear a reply in order to know if I should push for my SK*G as alternative in case TK would not match me after all
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:53 pm

If I get status matched, when does the 2 year period start? From when I status matched? If so, sounds like I should match later in 2015 when my United Gold is starting to expire.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by goldconker
If I get status matched, when does the 2 year period start? From when I status matched? If so, sounds like I should match later in 2015 when my United Gold is starting to expire.
The 2 year period starts from the day they approve your status match.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: TK *G
just wondering if anyone has received any approval or reject from TK yet?

thanks
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SQ*G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baochangan
just wondering if anyone has received any approval or reject from TK yet?

thanks
I've just applied for a status match on Oct 26 - will share when I get any news from them.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Successful lately?

I sent a request for my wife in August and haven't had any reply. Did anybody hear anything from them lately?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: CX*G, AF*G; BA, UA
Early June 17th I figured I'd try the status match game with Turkish. I sent them both OW Saphire and Skyteam Elite Plus cards and statements in the same request.

I got a reply August 1st denying on the basis of OW Saphire, not mentioning Skyteam Elite Plus.

I replied pointing to my Skyteam Elite Plus. By September, 24th I had not heard back and I created a new TK account, requesting status math only with the Skyeam Elite Plus info.

I have yet to hear back... on either my August 1st reply pointing to Skyteam Elite Plus in my original request or on my new account and request September 24th.

They sure are lazy those Miles & Smiles!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: OZ*G
In order to benefit a status match with Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program with your existing Star Alliance Gold membership, you are expected to have no miles and/or card to expire within two months. Unfortunately, your Star Alliance Gold card is expiring on the December, 2014. For this reason it is not possible for you to have a status match with Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program at the moment.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:56 am

Beware these guys are SWAMPED now.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by tisorn
with your existing Star Alliance Gold membership, you are expected to have no miles and/or card to expire within two months. .
This doesn't make sense or I need to improve my linquistic skills?

Did you get this reply from TK?

2 months with no answer, I will send a reminder to them
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Beware these guys are SWAMPED now.
Sent mine in on Sep 16, still no reply, and I can't even view the status when I enter the feedback now. It shows that the feedback number cannot be found. Just sent them another request today. Can someone confirm that's did itcorrectly by sending it via theonline feed back form? I read on a blog something about a webmail, is that the same thing? Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Have TK stopped matching completely?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: A3*G, TK*G
I am also trying to match my A3*G status. Today was my second mail.
Eventhough I hadn't had any activity since July. So should I wait untill I flight to ask the match then? I could still use my A3*G status if I haven't been matched, right?
By the other hand, may I credit the miles to TK and use the A3 status to go into the lounge or is better credit to A3 in order to avoid problems and just miss some miles in the TK account?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Have TK stopped matching completely?
Appears so, I have 3 different queries with 2 different accounts. Not a word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.