Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Old May 16, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by lingua101
I submitted status match on 28April. Haven't heard anything from them
I submitted a follow up request on the12th. On 13th got reply and got the elite status
Old May 18, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
anytips on how to deal with *GOLD not appearing on boarding passes? other than printing out a copy of your monthly statement?

just got it this month so my statement wont reflect the new status.

Last edited by gloyster; May 18, 2014 at 10:32 pm
Old May 19, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by gloyster
anytips on how to deal with *GOLD not appearing on boarding passes? other than printing out a copy of your monthly statement?

just got it this month so my statement wont reflect the new status.
If you are in the TK system as an Elite, then *G should show on boarding passes for partners very quickly. One thing I found early on is when you submit your TK number to partner airlines drop the "TK" from the number and just use the digits, and it should show up correctly in the *A partner systems.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
If you are in the TK system as an Elite, then *G should show on boarding passes for partners very quickly. One thing I found early on is when you submit your TK number to partner airlines drop the "TK" from the number and just use the digits, and it should show up correctly in the *A partner systems.
I've got a few flights on ET coming up soon. They tell me that I am not showing up as *G in their system, and that they can't add my number with out the "TK" prefix.

Maybe I'll be able to change my FF number during check in, or, perhaps at the airport I can try again.

I will report back with what happens tho!
Old May 22, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by gloyster
I've got a few flights on ET coming up soon. They tell me that I am not showing up as *G in their system, and that they can't add my number with out the "TK" prefix.

Maybe I'll be able to change my FF number during check in, or, perhaps at the airport I can try again.

I will report back with what happens tho!
I've had the same problem with OZ. Tried entering my TK Elite *G number on four different flights, and each time, the *G does not show up. Of course I haven't actually received my TK Elite card yet, so lounge access has been tricky (I'm *G with AC as well, so have just shown this card instead to enter the lounge).
Old May 22, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Garbageman
I've had the same problem with OZ. Tried entering my TK Elite *G number on four different flights, and each time, the *G does not show up. Of course I haven't actually received my TK Elite card yet, so lounge access has been tricky (I'm *G with AC as well, so have just shown this card instead to enter the lounge).
The question is - in order to see whether the prefix is required - are the miles posting for these flights? (With the TK prefix entered or not?)
Old May 24, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
The question is - in order to see whether the prefix is required - are the miles posting for these flights? (With the TK prefix entered or not?)
The miles posted for all four flights within 3-4 days or so. I could see my TK number on my boarding pass (with TK in front of the numbers), but no *G note, which does normally appear on OZ's boarding passes.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Garbageman
The miles posted for all four flights within 3-4 days or so. I could see my TK number on my boarding pass (with TK in front of the numbers), but no *G note, which does normally appear on OZ's boarding passes.
Was the FF# entered by you/your TA in the reservation, or did the CI or gate agent modify it at any time?

It is really a question of knowing whether the "TK" prefix is part of the FF# or not - I would gather that it is not required - as part of your FF#.

In LH's systems, sometimes other FF program's *G statuses have to be entered manually by them, after physically verifying your card.
Old May 25, 2014, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Was the FF# entered by you/your TA in the reservation, or did the CI or gate agent modify it at any time?

It is really a question of knowing whether the "TK" prefix is part of the FF# or not - I would gather that it is not required - as part of your FF#.

In LH's systems, sometimes other FF program's *G statuses have to be entered manually by them, after physically verifying your card.
The CI agent entered the number in each case (OZ really only allows you to enter an OZ number when booking online, so it was left blank until check in).

I've read here about how bad TK is at sending cards out, so it'll be some time before anyone can physically verify my status with my card.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by lingua101
I submitted a follow up request on the12th. On 13th got reply and got the elite status
Been almost a month and still waiting, just submitted a follow up request. fingers crossed!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by vonlance
Been almost a month and still waiting, just submitted a follow up request. fingers crossed!
+1

:-/
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:16 pm

If there hasn't been a reply to the original request for a while, is it better to call up and use the reference number for the request that came in the automatic e-mail or is it better to submit a new request?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Refused match to Emirates gold today
Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Received my match email from TK today.

Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by rwoman
Received my match email from TK today.

+1

The entire process took just under 2 months. Plus I got the point bonuses with my first 2 flights. (6500 + 1000) which was great. (counted through a partner airline as I have not yet actually flown Turkish Air, but certainly plan to now!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.