Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:45 pm

How long to receive Gold card?

I recently got my status comped to Gold with TK. It was done extremely efficiently, on the same day I sent the request. ^

Does anyone know roughly how long it would take to receive the replacement card?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:29 am

I'm waiting for my Elite card for 7 months now and 4 months for my Elite+ card (and it's not the address bc the silver card arrived just fine).

Don't expect to ever get a card at this point ! When in IST you should visit one of the card press desks to get a card.

The glamorous world of Miles & Smiles...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: TK Elite
Then again if you are Elite or Elite+ one would expect you'd visit IST enough to be able to get your card without waiting 7 months for it
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:04 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Then again if you are Elite or Elite+ one would expect you'd visit IST enough to be able to get your card without waiting 7 months for it
Exactly

I've got my Elite+ card two days after becoming Elite+ at the card press desk
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Anyone able to elaborate on what is required to have the card printed at IST? I have been matched from OW Emerald to Elite, but over 3 weeks later still haven't received my card and don't expect to receive one in the post judging by the experiences of others on here.

I won't be through IST any time soon, although some people I know fly there occasionally (not necessarily on TK). I would like to use the Elite card for lounge access & other perks on A* airlines.

I flew EVA Air recently and input my TK number when booking, but it didn't show up on my boarding pass and I haven't received the points. I was admitted to the Thai Airways lounge in HK prior to the flight, but only after showing them an email & logging into my Miles&Smiles account - having the physical card would make things so much easier.

To get the card in IST:
-do I need to be there in person, or can a friend collect it?
-do they need to be flying TK?
-where is the card-printing machine located?
-what do they need to provide the TK staff to have them print my card?

Last edited by seancau; Mar 31, 2014 at 8:06 am
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by seancau
Anyone able to elaborate on what is required to have the card printed at IST? I have been matched from OW Emerald to Elite Plus, but over 3 weeks later still haven't received my card and don't expect to receive one in the post judging by the experiences of others on here.

I won't be through IST any time soon, although some people I know fly there occasionally (not necessarily on TK). I would like to use the Elite card for lounge access & other perks on A* airlines.

I flew EVA Air recently and input my TK number when booking, but it didn't show up on my boarding pass and I haven't received the points. I was admitted to the Thai Airways lounge in HK prior to the flight, but only after showing them an email & logging into my Miles&Smiles account - having the physical card would make things so much easier.

To get the card in IST:
I got my card in IST 3 weeks ago - very quick and easy. I also picked up my wife's card, even though she wasn't traveling with me. I took both of our printout statements from the TK website and went to the desk, located just near departure gate 216. Two people sitting at the desk, gave one of them the statements and had both cards within a couple of minutes. Used mine right away without any problems!

To answer your questions - anyone SHOULD be able to pick up your card provided they can access the departure area and get to the desk at gate 216, and have proof of your TK status and M&S number.

Good luck!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:38 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Anyone able to elaborate on what is required to have the card printed at IST? I have been matched from OW Emerald to Elite Plus, but over 3 weeks later still haven't received my card and don't expect to receive one in the post judging by the experiences of others on here.

To get the card in IST:
I just showed my passport to the person sitting at the desk, and within two minutes the card was printed.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Originally Posted by simd
I got my card in IST 3 weeks ago - very quick and easy. I also picked up my wife's card, even though she wasn't traveling with me. I took both of our printout statements from the TK website and went to the desk, located just near departure gate 216. Two people sitting at the desk, gave one of them the statements and had both cards within a couple of minutes. Used mine right away without any problems!

To answer your questions - anyone SHOULD be able to pick up your card provided they can access the departure area and get to the desk at gate 216, and have proof of your TK status and M&S number.

Good luck!
Cheers simd, exactly the info I was looking for.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Cheers simd, exactly the info I was looking for.
Thanks indeed! I was planning to pink up my card at IST this weekend, but was a bit unsure of the process. This and a few other posts clarified it a lot !
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I sent in mine twice this year (UA Gold) and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try again soon.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
For those holding TAM (JJ) shiny cards this might be of interest:

http://staralliancegold.staralliance.com/
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry
I just received TK Elite match based on my UA Gold status. Took just over 48 hours - very impressive turnaround time, on my first try no less.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by Kefci2000
I applied over a week ago.

Yet to get a reply.

I am OWE and provided copy of card and statement

Interesting the comment on picking up a card in IST, a friend will be there next week, but doubtful I will get the match in time
I applied on March 15, and still haven't heard anything back. I have sent two follow up messages and so far - Nothing. I am A Delta Platinum Skyteam Elite Plus. I sent a picture of my Platinum card and 2 printouts of my statement.

So the Question is: What are we doing wrong?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:55 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I wish I could status match my current TK *G with the same thing, just to extend it for another spell. I'm a rookie with OneWorld now, so...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Many
It happened a relative of mine was travelling from IST yesterday. I kindly asked her to pick-up my Elite card at the desk near departure gate 216, as suggested by simd. I sent her pdf printout of my TK account as well as written authorization with scan of my passport (also in pdf). She just informed me that was a breeze to get the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.