Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Question Seems to be wrong: They still DO match other alliances

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
no it is not. since april 14 they only match other *G cards. no OW Emeralds or SkyTeam Elite+ anymore.
Where do you get this information from? It seems to be wrong.
According to http://www.statusmatcher.com/company/21446 EVERY person who got the match before still received it since then:
2x AF flying blue gold, 1x AB Plat (OW emerald), 1x AA whatever = OW emerald. They all reported to have tried the status match to TK gold from April 17th till June this year and they ALL received it.

The only people they deny seem to be the ones with gold from a OW carrier that is in fact only sapphire (like me AB gold when I tried in January, they said it needs to be Emerald), people who try to match any silver status to them and people with status from non alliances carriers like Emirates. Maybe some people get confused because AF gold and BA gold do match because they are one level higher than other carriers from their alliance, e.g. BA gold equals platinum with most other OW carriers (OW emerald).

So I assume they still do, since I'll be going for AB plat only to match it to TK gold in the next few months.
Cheers,
zap!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
I received an email on June 9th confirming a status match from BAEC Gold to TK Elite. However the website is still showing my membership as"Classic".

Is this delay typical? I understand from this thread there have been a lot of delays in getting the physical card, but have not seen anyone reporting a similar issue about the status not showing on the website once the match was confirmed.

I'm guessing that without this, it will be nearly impossible to get lounge access as my account has not be updated to *A Gold? (even if I show the email from customer service)
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by FIFAFLYER
I received an email on June 9th confirming a status match from BAEC Gold to TK Elite. However the website is still showing my membership as"Classic".

Is this delay typical? I understand from this thread there have been a lot of delays in getting the physical card, but have not seen anyone reporting a similar issue about the status not showing on the website once the match was confirmed.

I'm guessing that without this, it will be nearly impossible to get lounge access as my account has not be updated to *A Gold? (even if I show the email from customer service)
I think it might have been a day or so before my TK status showed up; I used my DL DM credentials for the match.

I was matched on Tuesday, 10 June and flew TK Thursday, 12 June - LHR-IST-DXB. I carried a print out of my account showing my TK Elite status. Initially, at check in, my status did not show; the agent took my # out and put it back in. My status then was shown on my BP; I had no issue getting into the SAS lounge at LHR and SQ said they preferred I had my card, but was ok when I explained I'd only had status for a couple of days and they took my BP (reprinted showed *G).

On my IST layover, I procured my TK Elite card from the TK service desk near Gate 216.

Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
Thanks rwoman - definitely sounds like I need to follow up again.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by zap7
Where do you get this information from? It seems to be wrong.
Yes, it seems that I got wrong information from a friend. Sorry.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:18 am

Just called up CS to ask them to send my new card to the new address on file after I had told them to hold the card till I had added it. She said it would take 2-4 weeks to arrive; let's see if it turns out to be right.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
Some people have been waiting over a year and still haven't seen it.

I'm at 9 months and counting....
then how you clock the miles into the account?

Should I ask for replacement card?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
then how you clock the miles into the account?

Should I ask for replacement card?
I finally received my TK Elite card yesterday. Very nice packaging.... But only 1 luggage tag.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Given it seems to take 10+ months to get the physical card... is anyone planning to transit IST anytime soon from the US and willing to pick up a card for me?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by transparent
Given it seems to take 10+ months to get the physical card... is anyone planning to transit IST anytime soon from the US and willing to pick up a card for me?
It took me only less than 2 months
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
It took me only less than 2 months
Did you do anything in particular to get your card faster (and are you US-based)? (bugging them via strongly worded emails, crediting flights, etc)? Most reports seem to show 10+ months.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:49 pm

Did you do anything in particular to get your card faster (and are you US-based)? (bugging them via strongly worded emails, crediting flights, etc)? Most reports seem to show 10+ months.
Nope.... I did nothing. I am based in Singapore
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
It is true that many of us did wait for a long time for the card (from october to april/may in my case) - but i'm not sure if this was specifically for this year, as new "eco" cards have been introduced, and a lot of people (including me) received their card in the following 1-2 weeks.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: *G
PM me with ur info and I can try to pick up either today or tomorrow.

Be aware that last time I attempted this machine was "broken" so service not guaranteed. (Or that's what the careless staff conveyed.....)
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by deniah
PM me with ur info and I can try to pick up either today or tomorrow.

Be aware that last time I attempted this machine was "broken" so service not guaranteed. (Or that's what the careless staff conveyed.....)
As of about 2.5 weeks ago (June 12th) it was working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.