Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by seancau
Just received my Elite card in the post today, approximately 6 weeks after being matched from QF Platinum
Wow - yours was quick.

Here's another data point. I status matched in JUNE 2013.

Got my card in the post today!

Hassled at the time after 60 days, but got nowhere, so just abandoned Turkish and put my Star Alliance flights (SQ, NZ) onto Virgin Australia. Forgot all about it, as I was gold with DJ.

So - 307 days! Well, at least they bothered...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
It seems they are sending all cards in a batch these weeks.. got mine too after being matched in september. Maybe something to do with the "environmentally friendly" new cards ?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is the card made of paper or plastic?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite

It seems like a "normal" card to me, I wouldn't have noticed the difference except for the text stating it was eco-friendly!

Nice packaging though !
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by Josephmay
I applied on March 15, and still haven't heard anything back. I have sent two follow up messages and so far - Nothing. I am A Delta Platinum Skyteam Elite Plus. I sent a picture of my Platinum card and 2 printouts of my statement.

So the Question is: What are we doing wrong?
I applied again a few days ago sent still haven t heard anything..... I really am starting to have self doubts. What am I doing wrong?????
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA
I applied again a few days ago sent still haven t heard anything..... I really am starting to have self doubts. What am I doing wrong?????
Don't feel bad. I applied for mine and 3 of my employees two weeks ago and heard nothing. All 4 of us are UA 1ks.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I am waiting since January and wrote 2 mails. Nothing
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:39 pm
alc

Finally got the card in the mail this week. Here are my detail for your reference:

- Request Status Match for my wife end of July 29th, 2013
- Asked to provide additional info (monthly statement) on July 31st, 2013... reply with the info same day
- Granted status on Aug 2nd, 2013. Membership expired July 2015
- Nothing rec'd for months, hence send an inquiry on Nov 22nd, 2013
- Got reply on Nov 25th, 2013 that another package had been ordered.
- Never follow up again and got the package today.

This is good timing as family vacation coming up in July.... needed that 2nd *G card for lounge access. I know in theory we do not need it, but hear enough FT members stated issue getting in to Lounge without the card. If I travel alone, I careless, but when travel with wife and young kid on tight connections, this will help.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Many

Received the card package as well today.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

Received the package today. Got upgraded in January.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Not sure why you guys haven't heard anything back, but did you write them a note in your application explaining how potentially valuable a customer you could be to TK/*A?

When I applied I wrote a short piece explaining how I was displeased with OW carriers and wanted to change to using TK for my Asia-Europe flights and other *A airlines for inter-Asia trips. The only thing holding me back was my lack of status on *A, if only I could get status matched I would jump to TK and other *A airlines...

I attached my statement for the previous 2 months to my application, which showed a return flight to DUB from BKK on BA and some inter-Asia flights on MH and RJ. Not sure how much any of this mattered, but I got an email a couple days later saying I had been matched, no further questions asked.

The status matching has worked for TK and *A, I have booked several flights on *A around Asia that I probably would have otherwise used OW carriers for, or just used budget airlines (oh the horror), and I am flying return to DUB from HKG on TK in a couple months.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Applied for match from UA Gold in late Jan, was approved about a week later. Card just came yesterday in the new eco friendly packaging.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:34 pm

Just got my card as well. Applied Jan 2014
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Turkish must be processing at one time

I saw the posts here with FF members saying they had just received their match and the Turkish card. (The card is plastic, by the way.) I applied in February and just received the package last week. I am a United 1K, which carries *A Gold status. I had heard nothing in the meantime. So I'm guessing that Turkish had a backlog that they just processed. For those that want to apply, make sure that you scan BOTH the front and the back of your card. I also sent copies of my last two statements. In addition, I put a note in the comments section that I was planning a trip to Ankara and would be flying business class. These documents must be attached through the Turkish Website. I called the airline and found out there is no email for sending the documents.

So while it took a long time, it clearly works. Just make sure to look over the instructions and any advice given in this forum. And plan to be patient.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madisonman39
These documents must be attached through the Turkish Website. I called the airline and found out there is no email for sending the documents.
Yeah good of you to let people know this. I initially email all the docs, and received an automated reply several days later with a link to the website page needed for submitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.