FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:16 am
seancau

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Originally Posted by Josephmay
I applied again a few days ago sent still haven t heard anything..... I really am starting to have self doubts. What am I doing wrong?????
Not sure why you guys haven't heard anything back, but did you write them a note in your application explaining how potentially valuable a customer you could be to TK/*A?

When I applied I wrote a short piece explaining how I was displeased with OW carriers and wanted to change to using TK for my Asia-Europe flights and other *A airlines for inter-Asia trips. The only thing holding me back was my lack of status on *A, if only I could get status matched I would jump to TK and other *A airlines...

I attached my statement for the previous 2 months to my application, which showed a return flight to DUB from BKK on BA and some inter-Asia flights on MH and RJ. Not sure how much any of this mattered, but I got an email a couple days later saying I had been matched, no further questions asked.

The status matching has worked for TK and *A, I have booked several flights on *A around Asia that I probably would have otherwise used OW carriers for, or just used budget airlines (oh the horror), and I am flying return to DUB from HKG on TK in a couple months.