Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I have a quick question. I did a Status Match with M&S (TK) in October 2012. I received my card in a about a month later (for those with concerns) I have never posted miles to TK and it will expire end of October 2014. I use the card for UA Lounge Access. I am *Gold with UA. I would need to post 35K for another 2 year extension and prefer to have those miles posted to UA to continue *Gold with them.

So the question is. What would you do? Do you know of another *Gold Carrier that matches to UA *Gold as easily as TK does? Just want the free lounge access for UA? Thanks in advance and Safe Travels
Question is, how confident are you to renew your *G with UA this year with the new PQD requirements? If you are really just after the lounge access, then you've answered your own question since AFAIK TK is the only *G that matches with other *Gs. Your other choice is A3, but you'd have to start from scratch with them (low qualifications though), and if you use international lounges, I thought I remember reading somewhere there were some other *G carriers (specifically LH) that were thinking of cracking down on A3 *G because it is so easy compared to other programs (especially theirs).

Or as mentioned above you could start paying for UA Club access (either directly or get a United Club Visa)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
Your other choice is A3, but you'd have to start from scratch with them (low qualifications though), and if you use international lounges, I thought I remember reading somewhere there were some other *G carriers (specifically LH) that were thinking of cracking down on A3 *G because it is so easy compared to other programs (especially theirs).
Those are rumors of absolutly NO foundings. They are of the kind: "I heard someone say something that he overheard another guy tell..." No one has presented even the slightest evidence that this is true.

If you think about it a little bit, it means breaking up Star Alliance rules, which I think they will not do. I also don't think there are too many passengers, since the *G card issuer pays for the lounge visit, so I don't think it can be that big a problem.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
For what it's worth, I flew from LAX to Europe in January with no card, and I had no problem getting into the UC in LA or Swiss Air lounge in Zurich. I'm also a UA *G, but I purposely didn't use the card to see if they would give me a hard time since I was flying on my TK *G this time around to try and get my renewal miles set.

I would carry a printout of your recent Elite Statement (they email it to you every month or you can generate one from TK's website) because it has the date of expiration on it.

FYI -- Also make sure your BP actually says TK *G and you'll have no issues -- I mention this because a lot of folks don't know when you enter in your FF online (or your travel agent does it), make sure you/they don't add the "TK" portion at the beginning of your number -- or else it won't recognize. I found this out both with US Air and EVA Air, and once you drop the "TK" and enter in just the digits afterwards you should show up immediately as a *Gold.
That's indeed exactly my experience with getting lounge access with TK*G (I was matched last year, should get the card next month at IST). I never was refused lounge access. To go a bit more into details:

- LX systematically asked me for a card when presenting a TK*G boarding pass at lounge entry, but the lastest printed stagement always did the trick.
- LH always has let me in with the TK*G boarding pass alone. The only time the BP didnt show TK*G, a conversation and the statement got me into the MUC lounge, but i wouldn't bet on that being granted
- TK seems never to be a problem, even with only the statement and no TK*G on the BP
- Finally, never had an issue with contract lounges (though I did need to "prove" I was TK*G at SPU since the system didnt recognize me - quite good drinks selection for the size of the airport btw !)
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
FWIW, both OZ and TK have easier *G qualification thresholds than A3 on discount tickets - A3 has lousy earn rates for many carriers.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:22 am

TK status match problem

I have been trying to get a TK Gold status match with my Finnair Platinum (=One World Emerald). So far no luck. After providing TK what they wanted, there was another excuse: "In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send us a copy of your original Gold membership card (we can't accept combined card) together with the copy of your membership statement for the last two months period..."
Now TK does not accept a combined card, which is unfortunately the only card Finnair is providing if you want a combination FinnairPlus & Diners or FinnairPlus & MarsterCard.
I was planning to make TK my preferred Star Alliance airline, as I have had good experiences with their service. I like that they have a good selection of meal choices and proper meals even on European flights in Economy. And TK offers several interesting connections via Istanbul.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Tapio Korjus
I have been trying to get a TK Gold status match with my Finnair Platinum (=One World Emerald). So far no luck. After providing TK what they wanted, there was another excuse: "In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send us a copy of your original Gold membership card (we can't accept combined card) together with the copy of your membership statement for the last two months period..."
Now TK does not accept a combined card, which is unfortunately the only card Finnair is providing if you want a combination FinnairPlus & Diners or FinnairPlus & MarsterCard.
I was planning to make TK my preferred Star Alliance airline, as I have had good experiences with their service. I like that they have a good selection of meal choices and proper meals even on European flights in Economy. And TK offers several interesting connections via Istanbul.
Maybe you should let them know you're an olympic champion - they might not recognize you based on your name only!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Tapio Korjus
Separate your CC from your FF account, or failing that try the hard way: flying TK
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Time for receiving the TK Gold card

I've been updated to Gold Elite at the end of December..
Got 1000 TK Miles recently on my account, with the trick of the new emails/phone/TK ID..
I've send an email to the Turkish local offices (Berlin) in order to receive the card by post..Requested also on the TK Miles&Smiles website..

Nothing. Zero. I'm still waiting to receive this holy TK Gold card.
Anyone of you was able to have it at home in 2014? Are they sending the Gold cards or not?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: DL Plat
AA Plat here and was just turned down for a status match by TK:

Please be informed that only Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members have an opportunity for Status Match.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
Talking Only 6 days!

I sent a request of status matching on March 1, and it is approved today.
I sent a PDF of flight activity statement of Aegean Airlines, and the picture of the A3 gold card (both sides).
Unfortunately, no mentioning about card delivery.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: *A Gold
A3 *G match without card scan?

Has one tried matching with TK without scan of the actual card (just with statement)?

I am A3*G but haven't received my card yet and I am planning to fly TK for an upcoming trip. I would love collecting some miles on TK itself if I can be matched.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Status match from Qantas Platinum

Just got matched to Elite Card level from my Qantas Platinum card. Sent a message through Turkish Airlines' online feedback form & received an approval email in a matter of days

I attached a .pdf of last month's QFF statement & my QFF Platinum card in my application. In the message I suggested I was dissatisfied with Qantas & oneworld in general & wanted to switch to using Star Alliance carriers, especially Turkish

Not sure how much of this was necessary, but I tried to get matched a couple months ago just after I had turned Platinum but was still waiting for my card & was refused - they needed a copy of my QFF Platinum card.

No word on if/when I will be sent a Miles & Smiles Elite card...
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:11 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by seancau
Just got matched to Elite Card level from my Qantas Platinum card. Sent a message through Turkish Airlines' online feedback form & received an approval email in a matter of days

I attached a .pdf of last month's QFF statement & my QFF Platinum card in my application. In the message I suggested I was dissatisfied with Qantas & oneworld in general & wanted to switch to using Star Alliance carriers, especially Turkish

Not sure how much of this was necessary, but I tried to get matched a couple months ago just after I had turned Platinum but was still waiting for my card & was refused - they needed a copy of my QFF Platinum card.

No word on if/when I will be sent a Miles & Smiles Elite card...
Welcome to FT seancau ^
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:34 pm
alc

Was wondering any one have any trick to get the physical card mail out. Requested 3 times and still nothing. Summer vacation coming up and afraid no card no lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
Originally Posted by alc
Was wondering any one have any trick to get the physical card mail out. Requested 3 times and still nothing. Summer vacation coming up and afraid no card no lounge.
When I request for a physical card and luggage tags through the website form, TK replied me on the next business day that they had already sent the package on that day and asked me to let TK know so that TK arrange another shipment if I would not received it within one month. This is what I experienced a few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.