Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: EVA GOLD, TK ELITE
I emailed TK to status match my BR *G about 4 weeks ago, waited for two weeks but still got no reply, so I sent another email to follow-up last week...At the moment, I am still waiting for their reply... Does anyone know if they would respond if they decline to status match? Since my BR *G is expiring and my account has no activity for almost a year, so I am suspecting that they probably have decided to ignore my request....
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
An interim update. Obtained Elite+ in Nov. Repeated emails to them / filling out the form and promised of them having sent out the card. Nothing received. Mid Feb I sent a more serious message and they then said they would send it to the Singapore Changi TK Station. Until today nothing received. The Changi Station manager has last week supposedly sent a message to TK HQ too.. but he has received no reply so far.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by montblanc
I emailed TK to status match my BR *G about 4 weeks ago, waited for two weeks but still got no reply, so I sent another email to follow-up last week...At the moment, I am still waiting for their reply... Does anyone know if they would respond if they decline to status match? Since my BR *G is expiring and my account has no activity for almost a year, so I am suspecting that they probably have decided to ignore my request....
Try to submit via the website. They no longer accept requests via email.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:47 pm

I've had experience of having my TK matched *A gold status not show up on airlines' boarding passes (which makes entering *A lounges a hassle and in some cases like UA that insists on charging me for my checked baggage). And from earlier threads this seems to be a common problem with others as well.

If this happens, ask the airline to re-key the number of your M&S membership number and omit the TK prefix. That has resolved such inconveniences so far for me.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by DWooderson
What would you recommend I put it under?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by gloyster
What would you recommend I put it under?
New feedback, then
category: M&S programme
Feedback type: comment
Subject: membership processing
Unrelated with flight

There is a detailed walk-through here: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/18/t...-status-match/
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I've had experience of having my TK matched *A gold status not show up on airlines' boarding passes (which makes entering *A lounges a hassle and in some cases like UA that insists on charging me for my checked baggage). And from earlier threads this seems to be a common problem with others as well.

If this happens, ask the airline to re-key the number of your M&S membership number and omit the TK prefix. That has resolved such inconveniences so far for me.
Great tip, will try this next time. Have flown several flights on other *A airlines and my status has never shown up on my boarding pass.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Smile Status Match

We'll I've rolled the dice & applied for Status Match on TK

Currently credit my flying to UA (170K BIS) last year, but less than half of that is actually on UA Metal

Given that I'm at 75K towards 1K this year & that I'll be flying MAN > SIN every second month (almost certainly on TK If their J fares stay as competitive), I felt it make sense to join TK

Guessing I'll have to keep an eye on intra European economy booking classes (LH/LX) to ensure I receive the "maximum" Elite Qualifying miles

Any other pitfalls that I may have missed?

Many thanks in advance
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
New feedback, then
category: M&S programme
Feedback type: comment
Subject: membership processing
Unrelated with flight

There is a detailed walk-through here: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/18/t...-status-match/
Appreciate that. Just submitted it.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: EVA GOLD, TK ELITE
Unhappy

Originally Posted by DWooderson
Thanks DWooderson for your reply, I actually went my request and follow-up through this website. Still waiting for the response, although I don't expect to get matched from them anymore hah
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
New tweet from Parag showing he finally got his elite card. Maybe I'll finally get mine! I applied last July as well.

https://twitter.com/FrequentFlyerU/s...49739076087808
Old May 4, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Plan on applying for the match this week. LHR IST DXB in June and the same routing back in July.

Thanks everyone for keeping this updated!!!
Old May 6, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
An interim update. Obtained Elite+ in Nov. Repeated emails to them / filling out the form and promised of them having sent out the card. Nothing received. Mid Feb I sent a more serious message and they then said they would send it to the Singapore Changi TK Station. Until today nothing received. The Changi Station manager has last week supposedly sent a message to TK HQ too.. but he has received no reply so far.
Similar experience here. After several months of back and forth, they were supposed to have dispatched the card to the LAX office. As expected nothing... I think at this point maybe it'll show up in my mailbox one day after I quit caring
Old May 6, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Must be my day to buy a lottery ticket, my TK Elite Gold card arrived today! I applied 7/2/13, was approved and granted elite on 7/5/13 - only 10 months to get the card Expiration is through 7/15, so they started the clock running back then. Still nice to finally get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.