Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
Just got my card in this weekend, without any flight activity on record. Took them just under a month to have the welcome pack delivered. Not too bad!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Hey!

I saw on this forum that Turkish only matches Skyteam Elite Plus customers from Skyteam carriers. I am only a Skyteam Elite but with heaps of flying history, accruing over 400,000miles. However, KE only upgrades its elite flyers to Skyteam Elite Plus after 500,000miles..... I'm nearly there...

Anyway, I have sent them screenshots of my flying history as well as my elite card..? Do you think they'll base the status match through my flying history? I've got a feeling they'll just decline the status match due to me not having Skyteam Elite Plus status...

Has anyone else been matched with just a Skyteam Elite status?

Thanks,
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by minjunkwak
Has anyone else been matched with just a Skyteam Elite status?

Thanks,
check here
http://www.statusmatcher.com/#Airlines A
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Here's my deal:
- Applied in Jan 2014 for status match from *A (UA), requested scan with back new card at end of February, sent necessary data -- nothing heard back.
- Requested status match (new Ref#) on July 20, nothing heard back.
- Requested stauts match again (new Ref#) on August 3, nothing heard back.

Has anyone applied in August for a status match and already heard back?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, TK Gold
Succesful TK DL Match Sep '14

Just reporting in: I am DL Plat and just did a status match to TK Elite Gold. No problems. I followed the excellent instructions earlier in this thread and TK emailed me a week later saying that the match had been processed, and, indeed, it shows up online.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:48 am
alc

Originally Posted by uptownnow
Just reporting in: I am DL Plat and just did a status match to TK Elite Gold. No problems. I followed the excellent instructions earlier in this thread and TK emailed me a week later saying that the match had been processed, and, indeed, it shows up online.
Just wondering how long before they respond to your initial request. I requested mine on Aug 23 and still no respond yet.

Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alc
Just wondering how long before they respond to your initial request. I requested mine on Aug 23 and still no respond yet.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. Requested Aug 11. Provided QF Plat statement and card, plus Air NZ Gold statement and card.

Have called them to follow up several times, have sent a reminder message via website but no response at all.

What's the trick? Some people seem to be getting replied in weeks. What sets different applications apart?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:38 pm

Maybe they prioritise. I sent my A3 gold card and statement and waited and i was upgraded in 13 days or something. Could be because Aegean's routes overlap a lot with theirs while QF's and NZ's routes virtually don't.

I should add that I did write a paragraph or two on why I'd be using TK; I didn't just send a photo of the card and a screenshot of the statement.

Last edited by sliiide; Sep 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
An update, just like M&S, A3's M&B is implementing changes that basically ends easy ride to get *A Gold (metal [optional] and annual mileage renewal requirements) effective Nov 24th, 2014, expect swarm of leeches, poachers, and sponges trying to get status match. I'll not be as empathetic now as far as giving tips.

http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en

It'll be interesting to see how TK will handle this in the coming months.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
An update, just like M&S, A3's M&B is implementing changes that basically ends easy ride to get *A Gold (metal [optional] and annual mileage renewal requirements) effective Nov 24th, 2014, expect swarm of leeches, poachers, and sponges trying to get status match. I'll not be as empathetic now as far as giving tips.

http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en

It'll be interesting to see how TK will handle this in the coming months.
I've applied for a TK status match (from my current A3*G) today so I'll be able to report back on whether they're still letting those through.

For the record - I've applied for the status match not because of the changes to A3's policy (which I believe are more than reasonable - and the requalification requirements are still by far the best amongst *A carriers) but simply because I'll be flying a lot on TK metal over the next year or so and figured it's best to get my miles there.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: TK Elite
Has anyone successfully received status matches from TK Elite to other programs?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: TK*G, FBG
I was matched to Etihad Guest Gold from TK Elite when the former had a campaign earlier this year.
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Has anyone successfully received status matches from TK Elite to other programs?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: TK *G
dear senior flyers.

can I please ask if TK is still doing status match? i lodged mine on 28th Spet, and have followed up with customer service for 3 times ever since. Up till now, no reply.

just a bit worried...

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Be patient...mine took 6 weeks
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Be patient...mine took 6 weeks
I submitted a request on August 22 and have not had a response yet despite two follow up emails since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.