Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by rwoman
As of about 2.5 weeks ago (June 12th) it was working.

2.3 weeks ago (June 14th) it did not work, but I'll find out again in a few hours!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23034925-post38.html

edit: bumped into the same girl at the 216 desk again. who is determined to be the most useless person on the planet.

"hi ive lost my M&S card may i have it reprinted?"
"no"
"can you tell me where i can have it reprinted" [staring at her obvious card lamination/printing machine]
"i dont know"
"can you tell me how i can get a new card"
"look i dont know okay"

walked to the general care desk just behind it, for a slightly friendlier woman
"hi ive lost my M&S card may i have it reprinted here"
"you can do it over there" [pointing to the previous desk]
"they said that it's not possible"
"where are you flying to?"
"vienna"
"you can have it printed there"

......obviously thats not possible, but atleast im no longer surprised at this behavior.....

Last edited by deniah; Jun 30, 2014 at 9:55 am Reason: update
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat, UA Silver, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
Time taken to match status

Hi, I've followed the suggestions on this thread to request Turkish match my Qantas oneworld emerald status. I sent Turkish a message in May, but haven't heard anything. I've since sent two follow ups and have heard nothing at all from Turkish. Anyone know how long it takes to have the match approved? I've a star alliance flight coming up at the end of the month and would like to have the status by then.
Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by sliiide
I didn't send any reminder like I had been thinking of and the upgrade was granted today. The request was submitted thirteen days ago. That's pretty quick, although I did write a good two paragraphs explaining why I would be using TK and the majority of the flights that were on the statement of the other FFP (A3) were of TK.
They told me 3-4 weeks ago on the phone that the card would arrive in 3-4 weeks and it arrived at my chosen address in Australia yesterday. Matched on the 13th of June - 13 days after the request - and the card arrived on the 9th of July.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
I was matched in March and received a package in April.
Surprisingly, I received the same package again today
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
It looks like they might have their act together better these days... I applied for a status match to UA Prem Gold on May 30, 2014, received my status match email on June 13, 2014, and just received the card in the mail on July 21, 2014 (US address) with the new eco-packaging (which looks pretty slick!).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:20 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transparent
It looks like they might have their act together better these days... I applied for a status match to UA Prem Gold on May 30, 2014, received my status match email on June 13, 2014, and just received the card in the mail on July 21, 2014 (US address) with the new eco-packaging (which looks pretty slick!).
Same application date range for me, but I'm still in limbo waiting for match email. Attempting to match from United 1K
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: 9W Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
I have submitted a request for status matching on the basis of my AI Gold card on the 23rd July. I just wondered if anyone has had any success with this without having a physical gold card to send a picture of. My AI gold card never arrived and they haven't managed to resend it. I have sent a screenshot of my online account showing electronic gold card.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
Applied 17th July with photo of physical CI Emerald (Elite+) card and copy of online statement (created a pdf from the website's account overview). Got confirmation this morning of upgrade to Elite level; already reflects on website. Status valid until 06/2016 which is very nice! I'm happy
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: BA silver
Also got matched this morning, only took a couple of months!

hoping to get lounge access next week when flying germanwings but without a card i may get turned away
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by vonlance
hoping to get lounge access next week when flying germanwings but without a card i may get turned away
Germanwings is not part of *A, you only get lounge access with M&M
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:40 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I originally applied on June 2, additional info was requested on June 16, but then no further reply.

I reapplied for match on July 26. I received confirmation of my match on August 1, and it expires June 30, 2016.

Fingers crossed for a card before 2016...

I matched with my United 1K card.

Edited to add: I received my TK Elite card in the mail on August 23. So less than a month after applying, and about 3 weeks after receiving confirmation from Turkish.

Last edited by BTA; Aug 23, 2014 at 1:56 pm Reason: Updated after receiving card on August 23
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA silver
Thanks. Did some searching whilst you replied. Servisair it is then!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: EVA GOLD, TK ELITE
Applied beginning of June. Received status match confirmation on 7/31.
Also received 250 bonus miles.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Has anyone recently applied for status match? Is this promotion going on till December 2014?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:14 am
alc

Originally Posted by AznMadSci
Has anyone recently applied for status match? Is this promotion going on till December 2014?
I just sent in my email to them a few minutes ago. When I send in the request last year for my wife, it took a few days for them to respond. So, hopefully it will be the same this time for my account. Will post when I do get anything back from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.