Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
OK, very newbie question.
I am booking my first ever TK flight and their booking engine is far from readable. So I selected "pay later" option. Can I keep this way my ticket flexible for how long? Nothing stated.
Another question, it says lastime to pick up your ticket - I hope they issue e-ticket or shall I go to a TK office in Helsinki to have my ticket???

Many thanks for very dumb questions
They're not dumb questions!

When you select the 'pay later' option, the booking is put on hold. When you get the booking reference, you get a notice which tells you when the booking must be paid by. In past experience this is local time at point of departure. If you don't pay by this time, the booking auto cancels. When you have paid, the ticket is issued automatically, usually in a matter of minutes. you'll get an email which will have the ticket number on it. At any time you can retrieve a booking on the site. It will show you all the details including the ticket number so you can be sure it's been ticketed.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
They're not dumb questions!

When you select the 'pay later' option, the booking is put on hold. When you get the booking reference, you get a notice which tells you when the booking must be paid by. In past experience this is local time at point of departure. If you don't pay by this time, the booking auto cancels. When you have paid, the ticket is issued automatically, usually in a matter of minutes. you'll get an email which will have the ticket number on it. At any time you can retrieve a booking on the site. It will show you all the details including the ticket number so you can be sure it's been ticketed.
Thanks a lot!

I do not know what happened but I got below error to my e-mail. I got a booking reference (on the website while I was processing the booking) though, which I will try later tonight to pay if the booking is still there. I did not want to pay yet as I have another pending booking which I need to confirm first. Hope my TK ticket stays somewhere there.

Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

EDIT: I got it ticketed, luckily I wrote down the booking reference and could find the res later which I then paid on TK website.

Nowhere I can find my FFP though, but I got advice to call local sales office to have my SK*G entered and get seat selection.
Too bad TK does not offer *G seat selection through their website.

Last edited by FFlash; Jan 27, 2015 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I received 3 times 250 award miles - for completing my address, completing my contact details, and something else i'm not sure of - it shows on my M&S activities but its all in turkish - this is what it says:

15/08/2014 TC KIMLIK NO GÜNCELLEMEDEN DOLAYI KAZANI 250 0
15/08/2014 ILETISIM ONAYINDAN DOLAYI KAZANILAN MIL 250 0
01/08/2014 ADRES GÜNCELLEMEDEN DOLAYI KAZANILAN MIL 250 0

I don't understand turkish, but with google translate i was able to understand the first 2.

And about the refering friends, if you send a link to a friend and he signs up from that, you receive 500 bonus miles, (when he registers his first flight on the account) up to 2500 bonus miles. The program is called "You and friends".
If you log into your M&S account, on the left side there is a tab saying "other applications" (or in turkish - "Diğer Uygulamalarımız") if you click on that, you will see another tab for the program "you and friends".
Got it! Thanks sir!! Will probably do that. How long after you made the changes, did you receive the welcome kit??
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:06 pm

i've been doing a bit of reading on the miles and smiles site and am I right that one-way award tickets aren't allowed on star alliance airlines?

And for any award tickets to be issued to a friend, I'd have to go to a sales office and be able to show the friend's passport info?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Got it! Thanks sir!! Will probably do that. How long after you made the changes, did you receive the welcome kit??
When i signed up for an account (August 2014), it gave me the option to complete my profile, which i did immediately, and received the 750 M&S miles also immediately. I then sent Turkish a copy of my Aegean gold card asking for a status match, they approved (November 2014), and about 3 weeks after receiving status match, I received a Elite member's pack.
I have seen that some people have reported not receiving the gold member pack even long after the status match has been confirmed - my suggestion is that this is because they have no M&S points in their account, however by completing their profile, they can gain up to 750 points as mentioned earlier, and then the pack would be sent out. This is only a suggestion, I'll be interested to know if these people did have points in their account and STILL did not receive the pack.

Last edited by benberg2013; Jan 29, 2015 at 1:46 am
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:35 am

Flying for the first time with TK from IST to TLV in February

Just have a few questions

Is there some extra security for TLV flights so I would have to be there at least 3 hours before the flights.

We are only flying in economy, are we missing out a lot as far as the lounge goes (will to to PP lounge)? Do we get any snacks on the flight?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 pm

When i signed up for an account (August 2014), it gave me the option to complete my profile, which i did immediately, and received the 750 M&S miles also immediately. I then sent Turkish a copy of my Aegean gold card asking for a status match, they approved (November 2014), and about 3 weeks after receiving status match, I received a Elite member's pack.
I have seen that some people have reported not receiving the gold member pack even long after the status match has been confirmed - my suggestion is that this is because they have no M&S points in their account, however by completing their profile, they can gain up to 750 points as mentioned earlier, and then the pack would be sent out. This is only a suggestion, I'll be interested to know if these people did have points in their account and STILL did not receive the pack.
Thanks benberg2013. You know, my profile is complete. But never really got an option of completing my profile after creating the account! I did update my account, but no love from TK regarding the 250 miles! Maybe they stopped awarding miles for profile updates? Also, does your statement say 'Classic' as opposed to 'Elite'?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Is there some extra security for TLV flights so I would have to be there at least 3 hours before the flights.

We are only flying in economy, are we missing out a lot as far as the lounge goes (will to to PP lounge)? Do we get any snacks on the flight?
No extra security for the TLV flights, but there will be some questioning at the gate.

See the lounge thread to appreciate what you're missing. It is wonderful. But even in economy, TK serves a meal on this route (meal type depends on the time of your flight).

Shuly
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Thanks benberg2013. You know, my profile is complete. But never really got an option of completing my profile after creating the account! I did update my account, but no love from TK regarding the 250 miles! Maybe they stopped awarding miles for profile updates? Also, does your statement say 'Classic' as opposed to 'Elite'?
I agree to your suggestion that they stopped giving award miles for profile updating.
My statement says Elite. Does yours say classic even though you got a status match? (I had such a mistake with Air Berlin, - I am AB gold which is One world sapphire, they sent statement saying gold, but said one world Emerald and showed picture of plat card)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:27 pm

I agree to your suggestion that they stopped giving award miles for profile updating.
My statement says Elite. Does yours say classic even though you got a status match? (I had such a mistake with Air Berlin, - I am AB gold which is One world sapphire, they sent statement saying gold, but said one world Emerald and showed picture of plat card)
Elite? That's nice! I got a status match, and my profile has the 'Elite' status and *A G logo and everything with the correct expiration date! However, for some very weird reason, it says CLASSIC on my statement! I really hope that it is updated correctly on their system, and it shows *G on my BP, when I fly *A next! fingers crossed!! Wish me luck!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by shuly
No extra security for the TLV flights, but there will be some questioning at the gate.

See the lounge thread to appreciate what you're missing. It is wonderful. But even in economy, TK serves a meal on this route (meal type depends on the time of your flight).

Shuly
I think that questioning is technically "extra security". It's on flights to TLV, UK, and USA.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
You can simply change your account info back and forth and get those miles. I did.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
You can simply change your account info back and forth and get those miles. I did.
good one!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know when my Elite status renews? My membership year ended on January 31st, but the new card calidity hasn't snown up on my account yet. Also the status miles haven't been zeroed. I have a flight in a few days and I hope it won't cause any troubles with my status.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by shuly

Shuly
^ Thanks, almost booked club from London with TK, maybe next time
The flights are in the evening

For the late TK arrival Istanbul and a flight the following morning, is the Tav Hotel the best option and is it easy to find? (walking distance)

Last edited by Polomarc; Feb 3, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.