Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
There's no harm in asking (especially if you believe in miracles!)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Alaska, Flying Blue, Asia Miles, KrisFlyer
Check in for two TK tickets from ARS?

I'm flying from Kayseri to Istanbul arriving at 1020am.

I have another Turkish Airlines flight that day from Istanbul to Budapest departing at 1155am (not on the same ticket).

Just got off the phone with a TK agent who said my only option is to collect my luggage in IST from my ASR domestic flight and then re-check that luggage in for the next flight to BUD at TK international counters.

My question: will the TK agents in ASR check-in my luggage all the way to Budapest?

If not, the 1h35m to complete the TK agent's plan seems tight.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Gold Member TURKISH Miles and Smiles
Alexandria from Riyadh ?

Presently have 41,000 Miles and would like to use them to fly return Riyadh-Alexandria

I am new to this and would ask advice on how easy it is to get a free ticket ?

Thank you
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KTB123
Presently have 41,000 Miles and would like to use them to fly return Riyadh-Alexandria

I am new to this and would ask advice on how easy it is to get a free ticket ?

Thank you
Hi, I think this is going to be tricky. On Star Alliance you have two choices: Egypt Air or Turkish Airlines and neither offer particularly good connections, often involving long layovers. Given that direct return flights are "only" €185 on Saudi I wonder if this would be the best use of your miles.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: UA*G
Hi,

How long do miles usually take to post? I flew with a Star Alliance partner 15 days ago and the miles are still not credited.

Last edited by NeptunePT; Nov 11, 2014 at 1:37 am Reason: updated
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am taking a flight from PEK to IST, arriving at 5:25am. I want to fly to the US, willing to fly to most places in the US and then head home to DTW. How can I maximize my stay in IST so I can venture out into the city, while still keeping my connection under 24 hours?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I think it would have to be one of the flights on the same day later in the afternoon:
13:25 IST-JFK TK1
13:30 IST-ORD TK5
14:00 IST-BOS TK81
It looks like the first US flights leave at 7am which would put you over 24 hours.

Would give you enough time to freshen up in the lounge in the morning and head to the city and back. I wouldn't venture much out of Sultanahmet but if you are quick you could maybe go across the Galatta Bridge and up the hill into Beyoglu.

Traffic when I was going city to IST in the early morning was pretty dead but also may have been that it was the Monday of Eid.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Hm... Maybe if I throw in a connection PEK-XYZ-IST, I can get in at 2pm, and headout the following day on one of those US flights. However, that doesn't make sightseeing any easier considering my time in Istanbul would be essentially split in half.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:10 am

And you would also have to pay for a hotel. I just did 4 days in Istanbul and it was an amazing city...but in all honesty instead of making another connection and getting in later I would just do the morning/breakfast. You still have some time to see Haggia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Cistern, Blue Mosque (albeit abbreviated) and have some breakfast in the city.
Getting in later and spending the night for the extra stress I don't know would add much other than seeing the city lit up at night which is amazing.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:34 am

I have about 23k miles on turkish and I was looking to use them next year to go to Kinshasa-DRC.

I found that I could get IST-FIH return for 20k and just 53 USD in fees, not particularly useful becuase I'd neet to get o IST first from GRU and that would be tiresome.

Another option is I could get JNB-FIH return with SAA, but I am a newbie in redeeming miles and I could not find this route easily in the turkish miles&smiles website, I actually did for 60k and 200+ USD in fees, I am assuming the TK site doesn't search for *A award tickets and routes me through IST, is this correct?

How can I book this ticket? What would be the best way to search and book them? Is there a preferred website or do I call an office? Also, what would you suggest is the better alternative, going through JNB, IST, or maybe ADD.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mrisoli
I have about 23k miles on turkish and I was looking to use them next year to go to Kinshasa-DRC.

I found that I could get IST-FIH return for 20k and just 53 USD in fees, not particularly useful becuase I'd neet to get o IST first from GRU and that would be tiresome.

Another option is I could get JNB-FIH return with SAA, but I am a newbie in redeeming miles and I could not find this route easily in the turkish miles&smiles website, I actually did for 60k and 200+ USD in fees, I am assuming the TK site doesn't search for *A award tickets and routes me through IST, is this correct?

How can I book this ticket? What would be the best way to search and book them? Is there a preferred website or do I call an office? Also, what would you suggest is the better alternative, going through JNB, IST, or maybe ADD.
The tK site only shows TK flights, you have to call them to book *A flights.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:27 am

Star Alliance Gold check-in at IST

Dear all,

I am booked on a TK flight from Istanbul to Copenhagen next week. I will be travelling in economy class with a large group. However, I would like to use my *G status with United to speed up the check-in process.

I would be grateful if anyone could tell were the check-in area for *G card holders is located in the terminal.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by CehofskiMD
Dear all,

I am booked on a TK flight from Istanbul to Copenhagen next week. I will be travelling in economy class with a large group. However, I would like to use my *G status with United to speed up the check-in process.

I would be grateful if anyone could tell were the check-in area for *G card holders is located in the terminal.

Thanks for your help.
Do you mean split off from the group and check in solo or take the group with you? I think you can only do the first one and not the latter.

Towards the middle/end of the curb where you'll get dropped off you'll see a Business/Premium door. You can go there and I was in Y but just said Star Gold and went through a quick security with no one else in it...then I used the Business/*G check in counter and also the same lane for going through exit passport control.

I think there is a direct to lounge check in at the very end of the departures street but I didn't have any experience with it.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:13 pm

"TK channels"

I believe that most of the TK airplanes havin' the same archive for songs,am talkin' about channel six,which has the english songs,I've listened to all of them and one of the songs which i didnt catch any words from it,i really appreciate it if the staff(or anyone else) could post the names of channel 6 songs(excluding:lady gaga(born this way),katy perry(fireworks),(price-tag song),(grenade).
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:28 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yasser Mohammed Hasan
I believe that most of the TK airplanes havin' the same archive for songs,am talkin' about channel six,which has the english songs,I've listened to all of them and one of the songs which i didnt catch any words from it,i really appreciate it if the staff(or anyone else) could post the names of channel 6 songs(excluding:lady gaga(born this way),katy perry(fireworks),(price-tag song),(grenade).
Welcome to Flyertalk. While TK staff are not present here we may still be able to help you. Listings for the inflight audio programmes can be found here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...tainment/music

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.