Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pendrive
Hi - I have some miles with M & S which are due to expire on Dec 31st - I'm looking to book an award ticket for a flight around 2 - 4 Jan, though. Do I actually need to have flown by Dec 31st in order to use up those miles about to expire, or is it enough to have booked an award ticket?

Am Elite+ with M & S, if that makes any difference.
No you don't have to have flown by 31 Dec but you will have to have booked/redeemed. If you're planning to travel so close to New Year, you might think about booking soon.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Nope, it's telling me something like 15000 miles (as an example), odd since I have already met 40000+ miles during the first membership year.

This is what it reads when I go into card renewal

In order to re-qualify for Elite Plus membership , you need to collect 40.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 60.000 club miles within 2 years of your Elite Plus membership. You may find in the below chart the necessary amount of Status Miles needed to renew your membership which is calculated by taking your existing Status mileage and the above mentioned mileage criterias into consideration.

Card Renewal Rules

The amount of Status Miles to be collected until the expiry date of your card :
Expiry date of your card :
31.XX.2015

If I go to statement, this is what it reads

#SAVE_CARD_STATUS#
Status Miles
Required Status Miles for Elite Plus requalification (*The first year or **the total of the first and second year as of the beginning of the membership are considered)
47000* / 60000**
Status Miles in the first year / Status Miles within the first and second year #SAVE_CARD_STATUS_3STAR#
47000 / 47000

Elite Plus Membership Start Date
20.XX.2013
Elite Plus membership Expire Date
31.XX.2015

I can double check with TK agents at airports later.
Weird indeed and I admit that I have no idea.When clicking card renewal I've always got the message card criteria already fulfilled.

Hope you can solve the problem and report back please .
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:52 am

Thanks for the reply, MichaelBaku - that's really helpful to know :-)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Searched "Hotel award" to no avail, so just to be sure:

I have a small amount of TK Miles expiring soon, which I'd like to use. Ideally I'd put them to a hotel night but am I correct that TK does not offer hotel award redemption?

If yes: please point me into the right direction...

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KL895
Ideally I'd put them to a hotel night but am I correct that TK does not offer hotel award redemption?
Correct
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Thanks for the confirmation!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: *A G
Post Canceling one of the passenger on same PNR?

My parents will visit me next year from the EU. TK has some super cheap tickets this week so I would like to buy it for both of them.
Unfortunately my father's health is not the best so he might cancel this trip end of this year.

My question is that if I buy a ticket for them under one PNR would it be possible to cancel only one of them later on
Or both tickets will be canceled and my mother's will be rebooked
Due to the el'cheapo fare it does state that any cancellation or change is not permitted.

Or should I buy two tickets separately from the beginning?
I am not sure if the second one would be more expensive due to this
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gab3c
My parents will visit me next year from the EU. TK has some super cheap tickets this week so I would like to buy it for both of them.
Unfortunately my father's health is not the best so he might cancel this trip end of this year.

My question is that if I buy a ticket for them under one PNR would it be possible to cancel only one of them later on
Or both tickets will be canceled and my mother's will be rebooked
Due to the el'cheapo fare it does state that any cancellation or change is not permitted.

Or should I buy two tickets separately from the beginning?
I am not sure if the second one would be more expensive due to this
You don't need to buy the tickets separately. If you find you need to cancel 1 passenger only, just call TK and they will 'split' the booking and cancel only 1 passenger. Be aware that you insurance may not cover pre-exisiting illnesses so you may not be able to make a claim for any cancellation charges.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: *A G
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
You don't need to buy the tickets separately. If you find you need to cancel 1 passenger only, just call TK and they will 'split' the booking and cancel only 1 passenger.
Great, thank you for the quick clarification!
Kudos for you ^

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Be aware that you insurance may not cover pre-exisiting illnesses so you may not be able to make a claim for any cancellation charges.
Yes, I am aware of this and do not plan any claim regarding the cancellation.

Last edited by gab3c; Oct 22, 2014 at 6:35 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 pm

Lounge Access

I am sure this has been answered before, but I am apparently not good at using the search function.

I am flying from IAH-IST on TK and connecting to MUC on LH. Will I have access to the CIP lounge during my layover?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JoesRevenge
I am sure this has been answered before, but I am apparently not good at using the search function.

I am flying from IAH-IST on TK and connecting to MUC on LH. Will I have access to the CIP lounge during my layover?
Yes you will if have a *G card or fly business.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes you will if have a *G card or fly business.
Guess I should have clarified that I will be business in both. I do not have Star Gold. I just wanted to see if switching over to LH business had an effect on lounge access.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JoesRevenge
Guess I should have clarified that I will be business in both. I do not have Star Gold. I just wanted to see if switching over to LH business had an effect on lounge access.
You can use the fabulous CIP lounge and the less impressive LH contract lounge, the Millennium Lounge
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:59 am

I am United Gold, and flying:
Seattle to DC (United), DC to Istanbul to Karachi (all on Turkish) on Award Economy.

Seattle to DC I got upgraded to econ comfort due to being Gold.

Is there any chance at all of me being upgraded in any way on the DC to Istanbul or Istanbul to Karachi flight? Should I call or just ask nicely at the counter?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:20 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by noamaan
I am United Gold, and flying:
Seattle to DC (United), DC to Istanbul to Karachi (all on Turkish) on Award Economy.

Seattle to DC I got upgraded to econ comfort due to being Gold.

Is there any chance at all of me being upgraded in any way on the DC to Istanbul or Istanbul to Karachi flight? Should I call or just ask nicely at the counter?
Extremely unlikely, unless for operational reason and no TK elites ahead of you. You can always ask, they offer cash upgrades at the gate sometimes.

European airlines do not offer free upgrades the same way US carriers do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.