Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Glarus
Hi, I´m looking for a new FFP and I was wondering if I could earn status miles flying with jet airways. Thanks
only bonus

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...le-jet-airways
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Were any of them weather related? Both IST and AUH experienced some severe weather related issues over the holidays. In any case delays of 45 to 70 minutes are not exactly the end of the world, are they?
Certainly not the end of the world. I'm not necessarily saying there is any compensation due. Rather I was just asking for opinions about if there is any point in seeking any compensation.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Am I correct there is no longer a separate award chart for TK metal; that is, the same chart applies to both TK metal and *A flights?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Turkish E+, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Switching to TK from UA.

I'll get Elite+.

Does TK upgrade members in this tier?

I live in BKK, and will use TK to fly to the US regularly.

Also, as a *A Gold through United, there's no lounge access in the US on domestic segments. With *A Gold through TK, can you use the UA lounges in the US when doing domestic US trips?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by rostovru
Switching to TK from UA.

I'll get Elite+.

Also, as a *A Gold through United, there's no lounge access in the US on domestic segments. With *A Gold through TK, can you use the UA lounges in the US when doing domestic US trips?

Thanks.
Nobody i've seen here or at statusmatch.com has gotten a match to E+

And yes with the TK E card you can use any lounge in the world with the *G logo outside it.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
Switching to TK from UA.

I'll get Elite+.

Thanks.
With United *G, you can use US lounges as long as you are on an international itinerary, i.e. even for domestic legs of an international flight.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:55 am

Switching to TK from UA.

I'll get Elite+.

Thanks.
I've gotten 1 upgrade out of ~10 TK Y flights in the past 4 months since being E+

It was on KTM-IST and Y seemed to be completely full. We didn't even know about the upgrade till we found people in our seats.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:05 am
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
is 3 hours enough for a INTL-INTL connection in IST?

i found an extremely cheap (in my eyes) ORD-IST-DEL, BOM-IST-ORD ticket ($775!) with a 3 hour connection each way, wanted to see if it is a good timing.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
is 3 hours enough for a INTL-INTL connection in IST?

i found an extremely cheap (in my eyes) ORD-IST-DEL, BOM-IST-ORD ticket ($775!) with a 3 hour connection each way, wanted to see if it is a good timing.
You'll be fine with that (unless you have a severe delay on the inbound). I had a 3 hour connex at IST yesterday and it seemed like an eternity hanging around.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know if it's possible to book a stopover on an award ticket? It's a one-way Business Class award with Turkish Airlines, and I would like to make a stopover in Istanbul for a day or two. Alternatively is it possible to book a longer connection than that stated on the website, e.g as long as it's below 24 hours? I'm guessing the booking has to be made by phone, so do TK take any extra charge for that.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I have a quick question about how much miles a given class for elite member can earn.
Supposely I have a J class PVG-IST, as an Elite member, how many elite qualifying miles and redeemable miles will the member earn? Somewhere says 165%, does this mean 165% elite qualifying miles and redeemable miles?
I have found many mileage discrepancy posted to my account, who should I contact to get it fixed? I submit the missing mile claim request, and sent a follow-up email. Over three weeks, I haven't heard any response.

Thank you
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by flyinglan
I have a quick question about how much miles a given class for elite member can earn.
Supposely I have a J class PVG-IST, as an Elite member, how many elite qualifying miles and redeemable miles will the member earn? Somewhere says 165%, does this mean 165% elite qualifying miles and redeemable miles?
I have found many mileage discrepancy posted to my account, who should I contact to get it fixed? I submit the missing mile claim request, and sent a follow-up email. Over three weeks, I haven't heard any response.

Thank you
K and J are Discounted Business fares on TK.
Gives %160 to TK M&S Account (7949mi) or %100 to UA (4968mi)

UA Mileage accrual for Turkish Airlines
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
message deleted
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Does anybody know if it's possible to book a stopover on an award ticket? It's a one-way Business Class award with Turkish Airlines, and I would like to make a stopover in Istanbul for a day or two. Alternatively is it possible to book a longer connection than that stated on the website, e.g as long as it's below 24 hours? I'm guessing the booking has to be made by phone, so do TK take any extra charge for that.
It is possible to book a flight with longer stop over online without any fees but you wouldn't be eligible for a free hotel / tour.

If you going to book a 1-2 d stop over via phone,they will charge you a small service fee .

Originally Posted by flyinglan

Thank you
K & J will earn 160%,J & D 175% .
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyone?

Originally Posted by italdesign
Am I correct there is no longer a separate award chart for TK metal; that is, the same chart applies to both TK metal and *A flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.