Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
It doesn't. Try booking on thy.com without signing into your TK account. On the page where you enter name etc. there's an area to select your FF programme. Drop down to United and enter your UA FF number. If this doesn't work, check your UA number. I'm not sure but maybe you need to prefix the number with UA or maybe not. Try both ways. Other than that, don't put in any FF number and either call TK to add it or wait until check in and add it there.
Thanks. I tried clearing history and everything and did it again and same issue. So you think it should be no issue to add my UA number afterward if I keep things blank now? Part of the reason I am flying is to get the UA miles so would hate to not get them.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
I don't see any reason why giving your number at check in would mean you don't get the miles. Alternatively, book your ticket using an online travel agent.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:17 am

I guess I will try that. Just a bit surprising that system is not letting me add it now.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:17 am

Just saw this thread which may explain things: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...d-booking.html
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by daisyatl
So I tried to buy a ticket without logging in and just putting in my UA number and it is not letting me. Website says "passengers membership number is invalid."
Now worried that having a Turkish account precludes me from collecting United miles...
I had the experience with my SK*G card. Finally I thought it went through but called customer service to verify and I think it was not there as they asked my FFP number. Whole booking process on their website was very clumsy.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:41 am

A question about buying miles for instant use: If I am at the lounge at IST and find out that an upgrade can be gotten on TK for "x" miles, I presume I can log in, buy the miles and have them ready for use immediately?

Also - pretty sure of this, but all economy booking classes on TK metal can be upgraded using TK miles, correct?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by sliiide
A question about buying miles for instant use: If I am at the lounge at IST and find out that an upgrade can be gotten on TK for "x" miles, I presume I can log in, buy the miles and have them ready for use immediately?

Also - pretty sure of this, but all economy booking classes on TK metal can be upgraded using TK miles, correct?
Whenever I have bought miles, they have been in my account immediately. I think I had to log out and log back in to see my balance updated.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:15 pm

Whenever I have bought miles, they have been in my account immediately. I think I had to log out and log back in to see my balance updated.
thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
seems self-contradictory here..

You must have completed Comfort Class or Business Class upgrade transactions at latest 24 hours piror to departure and First Class upgrade transactions, at latest 12 hours prior to departure, at the sales offices of Turkish Airlines or via our call center +90 212 444 0 849
The miles required are automatically deducted from your Miles&Smiles membership account once upgrade transactions have been completed.
Please remember that it is important and necessary to have your upgrade stated on your ticket. Classic, Classic Plus, Elite and Elite Plus members can have their flight class upgraded to Comfort Class or Business Class at time of check-in by redeeming miles from their Miles&Smiles accounts. This last minute upgrade service is only eligible for Comfort or Business Class upgrades.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by sliiide

Incidently, you might consider 'buying' an award ticket straight off rather than upgrading an Economy ticket. I've found that it costs the same amount of miles.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

complete n00b question: I just realized I got upped to Elite. That's wonderful but all my "Miles flown in the past 12 months" have been reset, have disappeared, etc.

I still have a boatload of "Total Miles Flown." Can I use those for upgrades or did I just lose that business seat I wanted to book next month?

Btw: I’m looking at business fares PVG-IST-HAM in May and am surprised at how much more expensive TK is. Compare TK at RMB 33000 to Aeroflot at RMB16.000, Emirates at 22000 and BA, AF, LH, Finnair all around RMB24000.

Last edited by pandablood; Feb 12, 2015 at 1:46 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:49 pm
zlc

I am booking tickets for friends from EU -> NA on TK.
Does TK require to see the credit card at check in for third party purchased tickets?

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:30 pm

Incidently, you might consider 'buying' an award ticket straight off rather than upgrading an Economy ticket. I've found that it costs the same amount of miles.
good point actually. thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, A few questions for the TK experts:

I am a TK Elite (Star Gold) Received a Match from UA Platinum

#1 If I credit 25K in 1 year or 37.5K in 2 years will TK automatically extend my status for anotheer 2 years?

#2 If I fly on UA Metal and Purchase on 016 (UA Ticket Stock) then Credit to TK, will mileage accrual be based on Partner Accrual Rates on TK's site (I assume so) However, I do see one issue. If I book a UA CodeShare that is booked in K Class and operated by ANA (I assume Metal Counts) would I receive the 100% UA Mileage or 50% ANA?

#3 When redeeming mileage on TK Awards for Travel on UA or ANA are there any fees or High YQ's (UA does not have any fees except a few $ for Taxes )

Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Feb 14, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hi there, A few questions for the TK experts:

I am a TK Elite (Star Gold) Received a Match from UA Platinum

#1 If I credit 25K in 1 year or 37.5K in 2 years will TK automatically extend my status for anotheer 2 years?

#2 If I fly on UA Metal and Purchase on 016 (UA Ticket Stock) then Credit to TK, will mileage accrual be based on Partner Accrual Rates on TK's site (I assume so) However, I do see one issue. If I book a UA CodeShare that is booked in K Class and operated by ANA (I assume Metal Counts) would I receive the 100% UA Mileage or 50% ANA?

#3 When redeeming mileage on TK Awards for Travel on UA or ANA are there any fees or High YQ's (UA does not have any fees except a few $ for Taxes )

Thanks and Safe Travels
#1 yes
# metal counts hence 50%
# you pax tax and YQ in the same way as a revenue ticket, best value to redeem on a business class ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.