The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by LH4116
Does anybody know when TK send out the new cards? My Elite expires on January 31st, so I'm wondering when I can expect to get my new card? Do they send it out during the same month as the card expires, or during the month before.
I got mine about 2 weeks before expiry.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
I've booked via NZ's website to fly AKL NZ X/NRT TK IST in July next year. I've selected my seats via the NZ website for the AKL-NRT segment operated by NZ. However I am unable to select seats for the NRT-IST segment operated by TK.

I've tried to access my reservation via the TK website but it either wants a e-ticket number beginning with 235 (which I can not use because I have a 086 ticket issued by NZ) or a reservation code (which I can not use because the reservation code I have is valid only on NZ's reservation system).

Does anyone have any ideas if it is possible for me to select seats on the TK operated segment even if the ticket is issued by NZ?

- James
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:55 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer
I've booked via NZ's website to fly AKL NZ X/NRT TK IST in July next year. I've selected my seats via the NZ website for the AKL-NRT segment operated by NZ. However I am unable to select seats for the NRT-IST segment operated by TK.

I've tried to access my reservation via the TK website but it either wants a e-ticket number beginning with 235 (which I can not use because I have a 086 ticket issued by NZ) or a reservation code (which I can not use because the reservation code I have is valid only on NZ's reservation system).

Does anyone have any ideas if it is possible for me to select seats on the TK operated segment even if the ticket is issued by NZ?

- James
Yes you can, call NZ and ask for the TK PNR and then at T-100 days you can select seats. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:12 am

Has anyone been credited miles from Pointshound for a hotel stay? I had a stay about 9 weeks ago. Nothing so far. It said "in 4-6 weeks" when I booked.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where can I check fare rule of TK's fare code V?

Trying to book an IST-ADA and notice the "promotion" and the "flexible" has only 30 TRY difference at 84 versus 114 before service fee. The flexible fare also had Refundable heading.

Because this is a separate domestic ticket connecting to a JNB-DOH-IST arriving on QR flights, I figure a flexible TK fare with only 30 TRY difference might be a cheap insurance in case the DOH-IST flight is delayed.

Problem is, I could not find where to read the fare rule.

Can anyone point me the place where one can check the fare rule?

Edit

I went thru a dummy booking and then saw this

•Cancellation/refund without penalty until 12 hours
•Change without penalty until 12 hours
•Special discounts (Babies, children etc.)

This is useless because we would be still be en route from JNB when the 12 hours deadline arrives.

I also notice an option called Reserve and Pay Later - how does it work?

EDIT 2:

Experiment with the Pay and Fly option and it held the reservation gave till Feb 09 to pay the tickets. The reservation has fare rule button but unfortunately it led to a Turkish page, and clicking English at the top brought me back to the Home page.

So does this mean there is no way to find fare rules in English?

Last edited by Happy; Dec 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by sliiide
Has anyone been credited miles from Pointshound for a hotel stay? I had a stay about 9 weeks ago. Nothing so far. It said "in 4-6 weeks" when I booked.
Fixed it...I had only entered the name of the FFP; without the FFP number somehow
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes you can, call NZ and ask for the TK PNR and then at T-100 days you can select seats. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Thanks for your assistance, and that thread you linked to was very useful. Rather surprising that online seat selection is not possible but at least there seem to be an option to select it via calling TK.

Just phoned NZ, and the lady I spoke with was amandant that they do not have any TK reference codes. Will call NZ again at T-100 days and if I am not successful I will try contacting TK directly to see if they can pull up my reservation another way -- would they be able to look it up by using the e-ticket number instead? The e-ticket number is what the lady at NZ suggested I use instead.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:33 pm

All TK economy fare classes are upgradeable with miles at the airport to TK business or comfort class, am I correct?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by sliiide
All TK economy fare classes are upgradeable with miles at the airport to TK business or comfort class, am I correct?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:44 am
bar

Programs: LY PL, DL PL, UA PL, HH Diamond, IHG PL.
Unhappy New at TK :)

I booked a flight through my agent, who updated my M&S Gold number in the reservation.
where can I see that flight in my account? / or how can I add it to my account? / and how can I choose a seat?
Thanks in advance for all the kind assistance!!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bar
I booked a flight through my agent, who updated my M&S Gold number in the reservation.
where can I see that flight in my account? / or how can I add it to my account? / and how can I choose a seat?
Thanks in advance for all the kind assistance!!
You can see your booking with a TK PNR on http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/reser...t=view&lang=en

The flight will show in the M&S account after you have flown it and miles have been credited.

Seat selection info is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Many delays on TK in Dec. 2014

Over the Xmas period, we had many problems with delays with TK. I flew BSL-IST-DXB and AUH-IST-BSL. My dad flew GOT-IST-DXB (we met up in IST) and then he flew AUH-IST-GOT on a different date. All of these flights were delayed by between 45 and 70 minutes. Eight legs in total (or seven if you don't count the one segment IST-DXB we flew together). That's a lot and I find a bit annoying. It meant that we were only able to use the lounge at IST for 15 minutes which was a pity.

Is there any point in asking for compensation for delays like these? I'd be quite happy with a decent number of miles, especially if they can do status miles.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kanaman
Over the Xmas period, we had many problems with delays with TK. I flew BSL-IST-DXB and AUH-IST-BSL. My dad flew GOT-IST-DXB (we met up in IST) and then he flew AUH-IST-GOT on a different date. All of these flights were delayed by between 45 and 70 minutes. Eight legs in total (or seven if you don't count the one segment IST-DXB we flew together). That's a lot and I find a bit annoying. It meant that we were only able to use the lounge at IST for 15 minutes which was a pity.

Is there any point in asking for compensation for delays like these? I'd be quite happy with a decent number of miles, especially if they can do status miles.
Were any of them weather related? Both IST and AUH experienced some severe weather related issues over the holidays. In any case delays of 45 to 70 minutes are not exactly the end of the world, are they?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:52 am

Checked bag

I am flying from ADB to IST on Pegasus Airlines and then from IST to BOS on Turkish Airlines. I only have 2 hours between the 2 flights at IST and wanted to know if I can check my bags through to BOS from ADB or if I will have to come out and recheck it in?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:59 pm

Hi, I´m looking for a new FFP and I was wondering if I could earn status miles flying with jet airways. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.