Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Anyone?
Correct.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3-D secure payment

Hi,

Can anyone know how to purchase tickets on Turkish airline website if could not register Mastercard Securecode despite the card issuer bank participates the program, and Verified by Visa also does not work?

I tried to register Barclays Arrival Plus world elite mastercard on Mastercard Securecode site, it kept rejecting it. Calling to Barclays which could not provide any help. Found out in Barclays community discussion that this is an ongoing issue since early last year for the US-issued cards and still NOT fixed as the last post was made in Dec...

Citi does not participate.

Chase is a very cumbersome process requires calling them at the time of purchase and then they patch you to its security dept based in Philippines, and then patched further to Verified by Visa rep...

I notice Turkish site does not display AMEX Safekey logo despite it has 3-D Secure logo but only list Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode underneath it - so is it AMEX can go thru? AMEX US cards do NOT have such ability according to AMEX site.

Does it mean I need to purchase tickets by phone or go thru a travel agency?

I looked up Atlasjet's website, it does have a payment option that uses foreign cards, with the conditions that the cardholder must be the passenger and must show the card at check in. Not a problem, EXCEPT, when I made a reservation and put it on hold, I NEVER receive an email from Atlasjet - this scares me. Also its flight returning from Bodrum back to Istanbul is way too late to arrive at 20:35pm. I much prefer the TK flight that arrives around 1pm.

Need serious help here. TIA.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
Hi,

Can anyone know how to purchase tickets on Turkish airline website if could not register Mastercard Securecode despite the card issuer bank participates the program, and Verified by Visa also does not work?

I tried to register Barclays Arrival Plus world elite mastercard on Mastercard Securecode site, it kept rejecting it. Calling to Barclays which could not provide any help. Found out in Barclays community discussion that this is an ongoing issue since early last year for the US-issued cards and still NOT fixed as the last post was made in Dec...

Citi does not participate.

Chase is a very cumbersome process requires calling them at the time of purchase and then they patch you to its security dept based in Philippines, and then patched further to Verified by Visa rep...

I notice Turkish site does not display AMEX Safekey logo despite it has 3-D Secure logo but only list Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode underneath it - so is it AMEX can go thru? AMEX US cards do NOT have such ability according to AMEX site.

Does it mean I need to purchase tickets by phone or go thru a travel agency?

I looked up Atlasjet's website, it does have a payment option that uses foreign cards, with the conditions that the cardholder must be the passenger and must show the card at check in. Not a problem, EXCEPT, when I made a reservation and put it on hold, I NEVER receive an email from Atlasjet - this scares me. Also its flight returning from Bodrum back to Istanbul is way too late to arrive at 20:35pm. I much prefer the TK flight that arrives around 1pm.

Need serious help here. TIA.
As far as I remember, you can pay with Amex on the TK website. I have an Amex card but have never needed the Safekey facility with TK. However, my card is not US issued so it may be different from you. If it doesnt work, I think your only option is to use a travel agency (online). Don't bother trying to pay TK with a card over the phone - it's a nightmare.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
As far as I remember, you can pay with Amex on the TK website. I have an Amex card but have never needed the Safekey facility with TK. However, my card is not US issued so it may be different from you. If it doesnt work, I think your only option is to use a travel agency (online). Don't bother trying to pay TK with a card over the phone - it's a nightmare.
Your AMEX if it is outside US, probably is already Safekey enabled.

I cannot see what online travel agency sells the "promotional" fares TK site shows. Use google flights it gives me TK. Travelocity shows outrageous fares - $283.50 for a 74 Lira flight! ditto for Orbitz, Expedia, Cheapticket, Priceline, you name it.

are you familiar with Atlasjet? Their no confirmation email on reservation held really scares me.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 10, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
Your AMEX if it is outside US, probably is already Safekey enabled.

I cannot see what online travel agency sells the "promotional" fares TK site shows. Use google flights it gives me TK. Travelocity shows outrageous fares - $283.50 for a 74 Lira flight! ditto for Orbitz, Expedia, Cheapticket, Priceline, you name it.

are you familiar with Atlasjet? Their no confirmation email on reservation held really scares me.
TBH I'm not sure if you can get these very cheap TK promo fares on an online agency. As for Atlasjet, if you go onto their site and click on 'reservation', there's a facility to display your booking. I've never actually used Atlasjet before so can't really comment on them. Have you tried using your Amex on the TK website? Might be worth a try. Also, what about the BKM Express facility shown on the payment page?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
TBH I'm not sure if you can get these very cheap TK promo fares on an online agency. As for Atlasjet, if you go onto their site and click on 'reservation', there's a facility to display your booking. I've never actually used Atlasjet before so can't really comment on them. Have you tried using your Amex on the TK website? Might be worth a try. Also, what about the BKM Express facility shown on the payment page?
I actually held reservations with Atlasjet - unlike TK, it never sends me email on the held reservations. I can pull up the reservations on their site as the reservations are held till Jan 12 (from 3 weeks ago booking!) and can proceed to pay - Atlasjet does have an option for paying with regular International CC with the condition that the cardholder must also the passenger and the CC used must be present at check in - not a problem. The worry I have is, it seems Atlasjet does not send email but only use text on cell phone as its mean of communication! I cannot know for sure I would get the e-tickets emailed to me after purchase, though according to its site, foreign CC CAN make payment online.

The BKM option on TK site shows this

BKM Express is a fast and secure payment system that allows you to make transactions without sharing your credit card information. After you click Next, you will be directed to the BKM Express website in order to complete your payment. It is required to enter your user name and password which you have used when you have signed up BKM Express website. You can easily choose your card and payment method you prefer, on the payment page. Once your payment is complete, you will be redirected to the Turkish Airlines website where you will be able to see your ticket details.

This means one must first register with BKM Express website and I have no clue what that is. My suspicion is this is Turkish site which no way I could register.

EDIT: Yup. It is a Turkish site. So this option is OUT. Then there is a BKM thing that is for Mobile payment - this is also OUT.

I have not tried US AMEX Plat yet, 137 viewed my questions in AMEX forum but none replies.

Just talked to Barclays US security dept again. Lady there said she activated the securecode feature on my card but told me to wait an hour or two before try register again. She also told me in case it fails again, call MC and ask MC to call Barclays to verify - I dont have a good feeling on this based on what people posted on Barclays Community Discussion forum - they were being running around between MC and Barclays for days without a solution. Each claimed it was the other side's issue. It is a joke.

I am going to give it another try after couple hours passed but do not hold much hope on this.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Succeeded to buy the tickets with Barclays A+ finally

UPDATE:

Tried again directly on TK site without messing with to register the Mastercard Securecode first.

After 2 pop up windows included a completely dark one, the payment went thru.

Details on this post for future reference.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24144931-post5.html

Though I am still at a puzzle why TK does not send e-Tickets but only a notice, with the attached zip file is nothing but the rules dated several years ago according to the PDF files notation.

Have to go back to TK site to retrieve the e-tickets which I also verified them on Saudia site.

One more set to go and I can finally call it done!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:25 pm

Sorry to interrupt this conversation but is it just me or is the TK site's currency converter out of wack? A 1030 Euro fare converts to about 1615 AUD when the mid-market rate is 1.44. This is the only site I've seen that doesn't use the mid-market rate.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:12 pm

Also, you can purchase up to 50,000 bonus miles in a year as an elite member right? In the Elite Card's features list, it says only a couple of lines prior to that, that 10,000 is the maximum allowed per year.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by sliiide
Also, you can purchase up to 50,000 bonus miles in a year as an elite member right? In the Elite Card's features list, it says only a couple of lines prior to that, that 10,000 is the maximum allowed per year.
50k bonus miles and 10k status miles.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by moeser
50k bonus miles and 10k status miles.
Yeah but those weren't the 10,000 that they were referring to. It said "bonus" miles. But anyway, 50k is also what it says in my account.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Any experience with getting compensation from TK for delays?

I was flying SIN-IST-BLQ (in Y as TK E), with SIN-IST being 3 hours late (2 hours due to mechanical on the IST-SIN, 1 hr due to traffic clog at IST on arrival). I missed the connection and the staff refused to book me on the much-earlier IST-PSA. So I had to wait for the next IST-BLQ, all in all, 8 hours of delay.

Two questions:
a) which form to use to request compensation? Online Feedback Form or something else?
b) is there any chance of getting something from TK?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know when TK send out the new membership card? My current Elite expires at the end of this month, and I'm still waiting for my new card. Do they send them out automatically or do you have to request a new card manually?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:00 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by LH4116
Does anybody know when TK send out the new membership card? My current Elite expires at the end of this month, and I'm still waiting for my new card. Do they send them out automatically or do you have to request a new card manually?
About 2-3 weeks before expiry. At least that has been my experience.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I see. Yes it's two weeks left so I hope it will arrive next week.

When I called them on the phone they said that you had to manually request a new card which is a bit strange in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.