Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FaBSy
Hey,

does anyone know if/when the prices for the domestic Business class flights will drop again? Google flights ist showing all the domestic prices are very high right now. They were a lot lower before May 19.
They wouldn't decrease the prices, especially when they are out of 12+12 aircraft due to MAX. They have decreased the number of domestic flights due to the MAX issue.
No more ₺259 promo Business Class fares.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Not sure about Google Flights, but I often find that domestic TK flights are mispriced on Kayak/ITA Matrix. For example, I recently had to fly IST-ADA. On the TK website, there were plenty of economy tickets for around 30 EUR and business class for 70 EUR. On Kayak/ITA, listed prices were approximately 3 times higher. I would always check the TK website for such flights to be sure it isn't some kind of fare mismatch with OTAs/ITA only showing full flex fares or so.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Not sure about Google Flights, but I often find that domestic TK flights are mispriced on Kayak/ITA Matrix. For example, I recently had to fly IST-ADA. On the TK website, there were plenty of economy tickets for around 30 EUR and business class for 70 EUR. On Kayak/ITA, listed prices were approximately 3 times higher. I would always check the TK website for such flights to be sure it isn't some kind of fare mismatch with OTAs/ITA only showing full flex fares or so.
There is this discrepancy because TK doesnt want to pay GDSs for TK's domestic flights. In Turkey, every IATA agent has their GDS screens and TK's TROYA screen. That is for Turkish domestic flight ticketing and dom/int'l groups. Here domestic flights are marketed and ticketed in Turkish Lira. Different payment schedule than IATA.

There are many different reasons for this kind of control of segments. TK doesnt pay domestic flights segments to GDS and want all segments within its own control. All groups are also created and controlled on Troya. Only international groups are ticketed on GDS as passive segments as they are marketed in USD.

That is why if you want to have a separate domestic flight other than connected one with your int'l one, you should always check TK's webpage or with a Turkish agent.
Romanianflyer and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
To add on; Kayak.com.tr would give the Turkish fares while other regions on Kayak would not.
Unfortunately, ITA Matrix does not work for Domestic flights. Not sure about Google Flights
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
If I use Turkish Miles to book a United Award seat in mixed Business using a Saver Business Award- is it possible to be added to the waitlisted for Business class on my coach leg? If so, how would I go about doing it. Can Turkish airlines waitlist me on a United operated flight?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sharice SB
If I use Turkish Miles to book a United Award seat in mixed Business using a Saver Business Award- is it possible to be added to the waitlisted for Business class on my coach leg? If so, how would I go about doing it. Can Turkish airlines waitlist me on a United operated flight?
Turkish Airlines does not accept mixed class bookings on Star Alliance Awards booked through Miles&Smiles.
Your itinerary should be all 'X' fare class or all 'I' fare class. Otherwise, you would need to purchase two separate tickets.

In addition, waitlisting is not permitted on Star Alliance awards.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'm eyeing a flight X-IST-BKK beginning december. Looks like it's an A330 but as per my info TK has 4 different layouts in the A330.
Does anyone have an idea which config is usually on the BKK route?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Wolf
I'm eyeing a flight X-IST-BKK beginning december. Looks like it's an A330 but as per my info TK has 4 different layouts in the A330.
Does anyone have an idea which config is usually on the BKK route?
Relevant thread: The Complete Guide to the Turkish Airlines Fleet
See the WIKI of that thread -> 330-300 version 1
The Wolf likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Thanks ever so much!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would not be able to select the bulkhead seats online for free after 48 hours. You would need to request them at the airport as those seats are not available during online check-in.
Seats were available for online check in.

(Just as a data point for others.)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
I have miles expiring this December. If I make a reservation this year, for a flight next year, will they utilize the miles that are about to expire? Or, must they actually be flown this year?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plainsman
I have miles expiring this December. If I make a reservation this year, for a flight next year, will they utilize the miles that are about to expire? Or, must they actually be flown this year?
The date of the flight does not matter; you need to book your ticket until 31 December 2019 23:59 GMT+3 ( Turkey time ).
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The date of the flight does not matter; you need to book your ticket until 31 December 2019 23:59 GMT+3 ( Turkey time ).
Thank you!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Can I pick seats buying a Turkish itinerary using United miles at the time of booking or very shortly thereafter? If so, can I pick the bulkhead seats on the 777-300ER, either 11CEF or 23CEF free of charge? Thank you.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azfanboy
Can I pick seats buying a Turkish itinerary using United miles at the time of booking or very shortly thereafter? If so, can I pick the bulkhead seats on the 777-300ER, either 11CEF or 23CEF free of charge? Thank you.
No, they are paid seats, even for Elite Plus members. Exit row seats are closed at OLCI and they could be only be chosen at the airport. Non-exit row bulkhead seats open at OLCI, however, there would be people paying for those seats so it’s hard to get them for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.