Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No, they are paid seats, even for Elite Plus members. Exit row seats are closed at OLCI and they could be only be chosen at the airport. Non-exit row bulkhead seats open at OLCI, however, there would be people paying for those seats so it’s hard to get them for free.
Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:25 am

I am booking an award from IST - JFK 9 months from now, on the 777-300ER. Any advice on what the best seat would be to pick at the time of booking? I am a Turkish nothing but a United 1K.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by azfanboy
I am booking an award from IST - JFK 9 months from now, on the 777-300ER. Any advice on what the best seat would be to pick at the time of booking? I am a Turkish nothing but a United 1K.
In terms of status, TK does the same thing that UA does for non-TK alliance elites. You would be able to choose a regular window, middle and aisle seats for free and that's all.
If I were you, I would have chosen one of the available seats in the front ( window or aisle depends up to you ) to clear immigration faster at JFK.

Or, if you want to pay, I would go with 24C or 24H.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:55 am

Ok, I think I'll pay for the seats 24C or 24H
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Turkish Miles & Smiles Elite
What exactly is "12 months"?

Hi, I've searched the forum but was unable to find a definitive answer to this older question:

Originally Posted by mecabq
How exactly does TK count the 12-month period to qualify -- is it to the exact day, or just based on calendar months?

Specifically, my first flight credited was on July 12, 2013. I have already passed the Elite threshold and am planning for Elite Plus. Is the period based on:

-- The exact date (i.e., I have to hit 80,000 by July 11, 2014)?
-- The 12 complete months (i.e., by June 30, 2014)?
-- Do they give a grace period to complete the month (i.e., by July 31, 2014)?
Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fantomass
Hi, I've searched the forum but was unable to find a definitive answer to this older question:

Thanks!
For the case you quoted it would be 11 July 2014, the first option.
fantomass likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:07 pm

Yotelair to Business Class lounge

Will be traveling in J on Dec. 31st and have about a 14 or so hour layover on our ATL-IST-LIS trip and have decided, this time, to stay at the Yotel Airside to grab a few hours sleep.

We will be airside the entire time, but wondered how easy/far is it going to and from the TK business class lounge to grab a bite to eat and have a few drinks.

Thanks in advance for the info

CJ
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Will be traveling in J on Dec. 31st and have about a 14 or so hour layover on our ATL-IST-LIS trip and have decided, this time, to stay at the Yotel Airside to grab a few hours sleep.

We will be airside the entire time, but wondered how easy/far is it going to and from the TK business class lounge to grab a bite to eat and have a few drinks.

Thanks in advance for the info

CJ
It's a 2-3 minute walk to the Miles&Smiles lounge and a 5-10 minute walk to the Business Lounge.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:40 pm

It's a 2-3 minute walk to the Miles&Smiles lounge and a 5-10 minute walk to the Business Lounge.
Thank you ISTFlyer
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Nov 27, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Thank you ISTFlyer, am I correct in that they are pretty identical lounges?
They are identical except one has a movie room and the other one has an art gallery.
wantan and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
anyone experice IST airport sales office able to handle/issue M&S star alliance redemption ticket? if know which istanbul office able to assist? thanks in advance
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yauee
anyone experice IST airport sales office able to handle/issue M&S star alliance redemption ticket? if know which istanbul office able to assist? thanks in advance
Never tried but the IST Airport sales office should be able to assist you with that.
Harbiye and Kızıltoprak city offices could issue *A tickets.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Never tried but the IST Airport sales office should be able to assist you with that.
Harbiye and Kızıltoprak city offices could issue *A tickets.
Thanks for the info. May I ask also which office is nearer to Bomonti from the above 2 mentioned city office? Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yauee
Thanks for the info. May I ask also which office is nearer to Bomonti from the above 2 mentioned city office? Thanks
The Harbiye office is a 15-25 minute walk from Bomonti ( depending on your walking speed ).
The Kızıltoprak office is in the Asian side.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:12 pm

The Harbiye office is a 15-25 minute walk from Bomonti ( depending on your walking speed ).
The Kızıltoprak office is in the Asian side.
Thanks, appreciate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.