Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
When there is a schedule change I call the call Center, confirm my flights and then the reservation is OK. Otherwise you are right, you can not make changes except for canceling the flight.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Hi, a convert from Emirates.
We are travelling business class MAN- Mauritius in June.
Is it OK to use the Aspire Lounge at Manchester please.
I dont think we can use the Air Mauritius lounge in Mauritius?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Hi, a convert from Emirates.
We are travelling business class MAN- Mauritius in June.
Is it OK to use the Aspire Lounge at Manchester please.
I dont think we can use the Air Mauritius lounge in Mauritius?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
A small reminder that this is the TK forum.
For Emirates lounges please consult this link.

If you're flying TK -> Aspire Lounge in MAN, however, I couldn't find information for MRU.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
A small reminder that this is the TK forum.
For Emirates lounges please consult this link.

If you're flying TK -> Aspire Lounge in MAN, however, I couldn't find information for MRU.
Yes, as I said I'm a possible convert from Emirates Business so will be flying TK business for the first time.
Thanks for the reply, helpful.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
I booked an itinerary directly with Turkish Airlines and included my UA FF number as I am Star Alliance Gold. When I look at the reservation there is no indication of the gold status. Is there a way to see if the status transferred over and is part of my reservation?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bearbear
I booked an itinerary directly with Turkish Airlines and included my UA FF number as I am Star Alliance Gold. When I look at the reservation there is no indication of the gold status. Is there a way to see if the status transferred over and is part of my reservation?
Your *G status would appear on your boarding pass. You won't be able to see any indication of *G at the MMB section on turkishairlines.com
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:27 am
sjv

Is 1hr 10 min enough time to connect intl-intl through new IST airport? Currently booked for an extended connection but award travel opened up for a faster connection.

TK 32 ATL-IST Arrival at 16:05
TK 1863 IST-FCO Departure at 17:15
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB
Looking SEZ-IST-ORD/BOS, award prices in business still charge the same mileage as paying cash + using miles to upgrade, right? Only other option would be pay cash and bid on upgrades?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by messiahdp
Looking SEZ-IST-ORD/BOS, award prices in business still charge the same mileage as paying cash + using miles to upgrade, right? Only other option would be pay cash and bid on upgrades?
A Business Class Saver award ticket would cost 170000 Miles&Smiles miles r/t + Taxes and additional surcharges
An upgrade from Economy tickets for all legs would cost 55000 + 45000 + 45000 + 55000 = 200000 Miles&Smiles miles.

And, Turkish Airlines does not have bid upgrades for Business Class. If you purchase an Economy ticket and would like to upgrade it to Business, you would need to pay the fare difference or pay the difference with miles ( depending on availability ). At some outstations, they offer paid discounted upgrades but that would only upgrade the first legs of your travel ( SEZ-IST and ORD/BOS-IST ) and they might not be offered at all dates and airports even though if there are empty Business Class seats.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sjv
Is 1hr 10 min enough time to connect intl-intl through new IST airport? Currently booked for an extended connection but award travel opened up for a faster connection.

TK 32 ATL-IST Arrival at 16:05
TK 1863 IST-FCO Departure at 17:15
Yes, the connection is doable, however, you might need to walk on a steady pace if your arrival gate and your departure gate are on the opposite side of the terminal.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:58 am

Hotels

Can Turkish Miles be used to book hotels (anywhere)? I know that you can earn miles when booking hotels, but I am wondering about the opposite direction.
I saw some mention of this on Turkish's website, but no details. Does it mean that this is impossible?

I know that other Star Alliance members, like United, have such an option.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moxical
Can Turkish Miles be used to book hotels (anywhere)? I know that you can earn miles when booking hotels, but I am wondering about the opposite direction.
I saw some mention of this on Turkish's website, but no details. Does it mean that this is impossible?

I know that other Star Alliance members, like United, have such an option.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. Turkish M&S miles could not be used on hotel partners.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Accor Silver, Ex-Malev Platinum (RIP)
Looking to purchase an Austrian Airlines (OS) flight number operated on UA (United Airlines Metal) on a transatlantic flight. OS booking code is D (business class). TK M&S earnings table says that OS D class gets 150% miles. But for a code share do you need to look at the underlying UA class fare to determine miles earning on TK, and not the OS fare class? (I can't see UA class on the prospective booking). I note there's a UA business class fare P which only earns 70% on TK M&S.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aisleseater
Looking to purchase an Austrian Airlines (OS) flight number operated on UA (United Airlines Metal) on a transatlantic flight. OS booking code is D (business class). TK M&S earnings table says that OS D class gets 150% miles. But for a code share do you need to look at the underlying UA class fare to determine miles earning on TK, and not the OS fare class? (I can't see UA class on the prospective booking). I note there's a UA business class fare P which only earns 70% on TK M&S.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
First, I could tell you that United P is 100% of the flown miles, not 70%, see this link and I pretty assume that Austrian D would refer to United D. If you're wondering which fare class it would map, I would have bought my ticket via an USA based OTA which offers a 24-hour free cancellation policy and check which fare class it maps. You should be able to see the UA fare bucket when you log in to your reservation on United.com with the same OS PNR. And, yes the operating carrier matters when miles are credited to Miles&Smiles, the marketing carrier would have no effect on the miles you earn.
Aisleseater likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air India Flying Returns
Exclamation Schedule Change from TK - Not sure how to proceed

Preamble: (I flew on Turkish Airlines round trip ORD-DEL recently and loved the experience and airline so much I decided to fly with them as much as I could. My husband lives in India and I live in USA studying to become a doctor. We see each other every 4 months on my school breaks. I saw a fantastic sale flight from ORD-BUD via IST, and we both booked flights to Budapest for my break. Then we found out my husband was denied for a Schengen, but was able to get a Turkish e-Visa due to his USA F2 Visa. So I called and changed my booking to a Multi-City Flight to go ORD-IST on Feb 27, stay in Istanbul with my husband for the week, then fly IST-BUD on March 8, and then BUD-IST-ORD on the 9th arriving in Chicago at 9pm where my friend will drive me home to Iowa. I start back at school the next morning at 7:30am.)

I just received a schedule change from Turkish Airlines for my BUD-IST flight which is later and arrives 2 HOURS AFTER my IST-ORD flight is meant to depart. I called and had a go around with the agent, explaining that I couldn't miss school, and that I wouldn't give up one of my 9 days with my husband because we only get 9 days every 4 months. We found a flight on the same day that DID work and then the agent regretfully informed me that it was fully booked. I made a ticket and gave multiple options that would work for my (cancelling the round trip Budapest portion, or flying earlier to and from BUD on the 8th to be in time for my flight on the 9th. They only fly IST-ORD once a day. They responded to my ticket saying I could cancel for a refund, and didn't offer any potential flights but at this point I already paid an additional $120 to modify my original 650$ flights. If I started from scratch the cheapest I can get ORD-IST round trip at this point is $919.

The link they gave to the FAQ where they suggested I might find answers was a 404 page, and I did my best to scour other posts in this forum before posting. I've never had this happen and I'm not sure how to proceed, what is wise? If I miss the first day of class and agree to take the flight the next day I have another night in Istanbul - do they "owe" me a hotel?

Grateful for all advise and responses
She

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.