Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by starflyergold
#1 yes
# metal counts hence 50%
# you pax tax and YQ in the same way as a revenue ticket, best value to redeem on a business class ticket.
Thanks starflyergold for your fast reply.

UA normally charges less than $75 USD R/T all in for a North America to Asia Coach Award and is around 60K miles.. I see that TK is 68K so that seems comparable. How about the fees and Y/Q? Do you have a comparison or any intel? Its my only concern now as I am thinking about Crediting Most flights to TK based on the recent UA change to Revenue Basis for earning Redeemable Mileage (I normally buy low bucket Fares). Thanks again and Safe Travels..
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Furry
I'm flying HEL-IST in April.

Usually I would use SAS Star Alliance lounge located in T1, but Turkish flight leaves from T2 non-schengen side. I'm a *G through A3, which lounge am I allowed to use in Helsinki Airport for this flight?
In case you don't have the answer yet, here is a data point:

I asked this at HEL check-in, which is at T2 left end close to non-Schengen side for TK flights. The lady told me she doesn't know about SAS* lounge as they give you access to [I]almost@home[I] lounge at Schengen side. I did not use it though, did something else instead...

According to Star rules, you should avail SAS lounge in terminal 1 with *G, but as it is a long walk, choice is yours.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody have experience with transferring miles? How long does it take for miles to be transfered from one account to the other?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by LH4116
Does anybody have experience with transferring miles? How long does it take for miles to be transfered from one account to the other?
Immediately !
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
TK London to Singapore in Y

I have to fly LON to SIN in Y. I'm a oneworld emerald but by virtue of a TK status match I'm also a TK Elite. This would be my first TK experience.

1) Is there a lounge I can use at Gatwick? What is it like?

2) are the 737s that fly out of Gatwick as cramped in Y as they look on seatguru? Should I pay a bit more and get a wide body out of Heathrow, presumably there are better lounges there too?

3) The TK flight out of SIN departs at 0030. Is there a lounge in Singapore that I can use at that time of night?

AdTHANKSvance
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:08 pm

Does anyone have info on what TK flight nos. are Anadolujet operated? Saw this post http://airlineroute.net/2009/10/23/ajet-s10-fltnbrchg/ with flight nos. but it was posted 2010.

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:19 am

Friend of mine is flying OSL-IST-LHR in Business with an overnight layover in Istanbul. Is he able to use the dayrooms for his overnight layover, or are those closed down at night?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm sure someone knows this. I know that if you try to book a *A award, which must be done over the phone, the agent may not be able to take your CC and you have to go to the local office to pay for it. However, my question is if you book a TK award, all on TK metal, on TK.com, does it let you pay by CC? USA-issued CC at that.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:04 am

Can I enter the lounge in Brussels with my Miles & More frequent traveller card when I fly Turkish Airlines ?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Torchus
Can I enter the lounge in Brussels with my Miles & More frequent traveller card when I fly Turkish Airlines ?
You mean the Silver card? No you can't. If that card says Star Gold (i.e. SEN or HON) you can.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by starflyergold
You mean the Silver card? No you can't. If that card says Star Gold (i.e. SEN or HON) you can.
So in other words, although M&M Silver (which is *A Silver) allows access to M&M lounges, that is only when flying M&M airlines. Right?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by benberg2013
So in other words, although M&M Silver (which is *A Silver) allows access to M&M lounges, that is only when flying M&M airlines. Right?
Indeed.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
No. From what I recall, M&M Silver can still use LH Group Lounges also when flying on *A metal.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by LH4116
No. From what I recall, M&M Silver can still use LH Group Lounges also when flying on *A metal.
I apologise. I was wrong, I thought that had been already "enhanced".

Frequent Travellers who are travelling in Economy Class on a scheduled flight operated by a Star Alliance airline can enjoy their stay at the airport in one of the Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS Business Lounges or in the lounges of Miles & More partners Brussels Airlines, Luxair* (*only in connection with a scheduled flight operated by Austrian Airlines/Tyrolean Airways, Lufthansa, Luxair or SWISS) and LOT Polish Airlines** (**only in connection with a scheduled flight operated by Austrian Airlines/Tyrolean Airways, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:46 pm

Sorry, in a hurry here, but I have a flight from SFO-IST on 7/11, when is the earliest I select a seat (and what is the best business seat)? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.