Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:59 am

Thank you for your reply.

Do I understand correctly that with TK, you will always need to pay for a bassinet, even as an Elite?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
That’s unfortunately the case, unless you want to chance it and wait for online check-in...I wouldn’t.

In J on a 777, window seats in row 1 and 5 are marked as bassinet seats and can be reserved for ‘free’.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Oct 4, 2019 at 9:17 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:27 am

Great, thanks a lot for the info.

The sole reason why I'm not willing to pay for a bassinet seat, is because I do not know whether I would prefer a bassinet seat, or be assigned a spot with an additional empty seat (when the airplane is not full) upon check-in.

I don't know whether the bassinet (size) is suitable for our baby, and whether our baby would like the bassinet.

I think my best plan of action is to:
  • select one of the standard seats, free of charge within 100 days of the flight;
  • try to improve to a bulkhead seat, if still available, free of charge as from 48h before flight;
  • kindly ask at check-in, whether any other options would be available.
Is my understanding of TK seat selection process correct?

Today, 27 days before travel, all bassinet seats are still open. Only one bulkhead seat has been taken.

Last edited by 336; Oct 4, 2019 at 5:36 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 336
Great, thanks a lot for the info.

The sole reason why I'm not willing to pay for a bassinet seat, is because I do not know whether I would prefer a bassinet seat, or be assigned a spot with an additional empty seat (when the airplane is not full) upon check-in.

I don't know whether the bassinet (size) is suitable for our baby, and whether our baby would like the bassinet.

I think my best plan of action is to:
  • select one of the standard seats, free of charge within 100 days of the flight;
  • try to improve to a bulkhead seat, if still available, free of charge as from 48h before flight;
  • kindly ask at check-in, whether any other options would be available.
Is my understanding of TK seat selection process correct?

Today, 27 days before travel, all bassinet seats are still open. Only one bulkhead seat has been taken.
You would not be able to select the bulkhead seats online for free after 48 hours. You would need to request them at the airport as those seats are not available during online check-in.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:18 am

Hi! I’ve never used Turkish Airlines before, but I’m trying to take advantage of transferring Citi points to Turkish to book United flights from US mainland (BNA) to Hawaii (OGG). If I book one of these flights, will I have a seat assignment? Will I have a carryon? If I get a baggage fee credit for checked bags on United flights, will that apply since it’s a United flight? Or no because it’s through Turkish?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by njsalazar
Hi! I’ve never used Turkish Airlines before, but I’m trying to take advantage of transferring Citi points to Turkish to book United flights from US mainland (BNA) to Hawaii (OGG). If I book one of these flights, will I have a seat assignment? Will I have a carryon? If I get a baggage fee credit for checked bags on United flights, will that apply since it’s a United flight? Or no because it’s through Turkish?

Thanks!
It's difficult to find availability for United flights and in most cases, you might need to visit a sales office ( in person ) in order to complete ticketing a UA award ticket.

However, if you're lucky to find availability, you would be able to choose regular seats ( not EconomyPlus or Preferred ) for free. You would get a carry-on and a one-piece 23kg ( 50 lbs ) free checked baggage allowance.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
How bad can TK IT be? Frustrating, I have sent my passport scanned for them through feedback form as that is the only way, but I keep getting back this email below. What an a***hole their CS is

So that we can update your surname on your Miles&Smiles membership account, please send us the documents listed below. You can do this by checking the “Previous feedback” option on our feedback page.
  • A photograph or scanned copy of your passport
We look forward to taking you on your next exciting adventure soon.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
How bad can TK IT be? Frustrating, I have sent my passport scanned for them through feedback form as that is the only way, but I keep getting back this email below. What an a***hole their CS is

So that we can update your surname on your Miles&Smiles membership account, please send us the documents listed below. You can do this by checking the “Previous feedback” option on our feedback page.
  • A photograph or scanned copy of your passport
We look forward to taking you on your next exciting adventure soon.
Welcome to the world of Turkish Airlines.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:47 pm

I just took TK from NYC-ATH in economy and ATH-IST, IST-SFO in business. I also joined Miles and Smiles but have not deposited my miles yet. I highly doubt that I would fly TK again in the next 3 years, should I deposit my miles with Miles and Smiles for a future codeshare flight, or UA which I use for domestic flights mostly. Just wondering if Miles and Smiles program is more redeem friendly than UA.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:05 pm

Dumb/newbie question. I'm transferring Citi Thank You points to my Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles account. When Citi asks for my account number do I put the full account number with TK at the beginning? Or just the number?

E.g.:
"TK123456789" vs "123456789"
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njsalazar
Dumb/newbie question. I'm transferring Citi Thank You points to my Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles account. When Citi asks for my account number do I put the full account number with TK at the beginning? Or just the number?

E.g.:
"TK123456789" vs "123456789"
Please consult the relevant thread
Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Other members have answered the question that you're asking over there.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Quick one.. Turkish doesn't pay any % mile bonus depending on class on sq metal right?
Have some highest tier business work flights coming up and wonder g whether to use sq or tk ffp
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
TK will give no bonus percentage beyond what you will earn in your booking class (edit: on *A partner airlines) - wheretocredit.com is usually accurate,
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
TK will give no bonus percentage beyond what you will earn in your booking class (edit: on *A partner airlines) - wheretocredit.com is usually accurate,
Thanks mate thought so
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:47 pm

How do the status tiers work? So if I fly 50,000 miles within 12 months. Does it mean?

1) I get Classic Plus and have 25,000 miles towards the 40,000 miles goal of becoming elite. Or,
2) I get Elite and depending on the previous 12 months mileage at any given time I could become Elite Plus or stay Elite for 2 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.