Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by igor82j
Is it allowed to make route changes to awards?
I have a Europe1-Europe1 award ticket (TK) and would like not only to change the date, but also the city of destination. Within the same award zone, of course.
Is it still possible for the same 25 USD fee?
Thanks!
Yes but it's not possible online, you either have to call them or visit a sales office.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:07 am

Just made an award booking on TK using Lifemiles. Was able to find TK PNR through checkmytrip. Now, I am trying to enter APIS info for all the passengers. When hitting Save button I am getting a message that it is not possible to save APIS that way, since the booking was not made on TK website

Any workaround on this one? Other than waiting for the airport checkin to provide the passport info?

Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Here is Turkish error message when trying to save APIS

Error

It is not possible to update your private security information (APIS) from our website because your reservation was not made with us online. Please contact the sales office or travel agency from which you purchased the ticket.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bob26
Just made an award booking on TK using Lifemiles. Was able to find TK PNR through checkmytrip. Now, I am trying to enter APIS info for all the passengers. When hitting Save button I am getting a message that it is not possible to save APIS that way, since the booking was not made on TK website

Any workaround on this one? Other than waiting for the airport checkin to provide the passport info?

Thanks
Originally Posted by bob26
Here is Turkish error message when trying to save APIS

Error

It is not possible to update your private security information (APIS) from our website because your reservation was not made with us online. Please contact the sales office or travel agency from which you purchased the ticket.
I also had the same situation on a 016 UA stock ticket that included TK legs. You need to wait until OLCI opens or airport check-in to enter your APIS details. Unfortunately, no other way.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Hello all.

I've a bit of a question I'm hoping others have more experience with.

I'm trying to make use of my Elite Plus vouchers but would like to travel with someone so looking to buy (with miles) a ticket in business.

Anyone has an idea of how much Turkish let's you overdraft your account with ? I know they allow overdrafts but unsure of how much?

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Hello all.

I've a bit of a question I'm hoping others have more experience with.

I'm trying to make use of my Elite Plus vouchers but would like to travel with someone so looking to buy (with miles) a ticket in business.

Anyone has an idea of how much Turkish let's you overdraft your account with ? I know they allow overdrafts but unsure of how much?

Thanks
AFAIK, overdraft miles is only available for Miles&Smiles credit cardholders.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AFAIK, overdraft miles is only available for Miles&Smiles credit cardholders.
Unless something changes, Last year they allowed me to use 5.000 miles I didn't have yet. Unsure what is the limit though.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Unless something changes, Last year they allowed me to use 5.000 miles I didn't have yet. Unsure what is the limit though.
It may be part of the glitch then. Last year, people not holding a M&S credit card was able to convert bonus miles to status miles.

The reason behind the M&S cc requirement for borrowing miles is that 18 months after you received the miles if you don't have sufficient miles to give those miles back, they charge you from your M&S credit card ( 40 TL for each 1000 miles )
ricardojrsousa likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
upcoming long haul on TK , KUL- IST - IAH - IST - KUL in J.

1. I usually fly OneWorld , which *A program should I select or is it easier to just go for Miles & Smiles ?

2. This booking was made via travel agent as the fares was better than Turkish's own website. I can see the booking on TK's Manage Booking, but can't seem to change seats / select meals. Does it open up closer to departure time ?

3. How early does check-in open at KUL and IAH ? Am I able to use other *A counters to check-in ?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wantan
upcoming long haul on TK , KUL- IST - IAH - IST - KUL in J.

1. I usually fly OneWorld , which *A program should I select or is it easier to just go for Miles & Smiles ?

2. This booking was made via travel agent as the fares was better than Turkish's own website. I can see the booking on TK's Manage Booking, but can't seem to change seats / select meals. Does it open up closer to departure time ?

3. How early does check-in open at KUL and IAH ? Am I able to use other *A counters to check-in ?
1- If this would be your only *A travel for this year and the next year, go for Miles&Smiles. If not, further information would be recommended for more detailed advice.

2- You should be able to select seats or meals. It might be a web-glitch error or the TA might not issue the ticket yet. Do you have an e-ticket number yet would be the answer to if your TA did issue your ticket. If your ticket is issued, try choosing seats and meals via the mobile app, if it doesn't work call the TK hotline.

3- 3 hours before departure unless stated. You would not be able to use other *A counters.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is there a minimum age to access the IST Business Lounge? My 18-year-old *G is connecting through there soon by herself. Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
Is there a minimum age to access the IST Business Lounge? My 18-year-old *G is connecting through there soon by herself. Many thanks in advance.
There is no age limit for the lounges. Your son could also enjoy a drink at the lounge as he is 18.
tomsundstrom likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Not that I know of.

Some US lounges turn away underage visitors because of Puritan alcohol licensing laws, but I don’t think there will be an issue at IST.
tomsundstrom likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:58 am

We will be travelling with our 9 month old son. How can I contact TK to ensure baby bassinet?

I have Elite status.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 336
We will be travelling with our 9 month old son. How can I contact TK to ensure baby bassinet?

I have Elite status.
You could call the TK hotline for bassinet reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.