Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

[QUOTE=SFOTraveler1984;31300332]

CPT will be A330 lie-flat, for sure.
MAN depends on the flight. TK1993 seems to get A321 with recliner seats, TK1995 seems to get a mix of A321 and A330, sometimes with lie-flat seats. I would expect recliners though - then you can't be disappointed

Thank you so much. CPT lie-flat is great. That’s the flight I was anxious about for my mum. I’ll expect recliners on Tk1995 and won’t really mind as it’s a short flight. Thanks once again. I appreciate your response.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Hanah
Thank you so much. CPT lie-flat is great. That’s the flight I was anxious about for my mum. I’ll expect recliners on Tk1995 and won’t really mind as it’s a short flight. Thanks once again. I appreciate your response.
You are welcome - enjoy your first time flying TK.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with your question about wheelchair assistance - I believe you can request it via the TK website and hotline (and you should as there is a lot of walking at the new airport!). But I noticed you opened a thread regarding this already, so I am sure somebody else will shed some light.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Tried searching for this.

If I book a revenue ticket using Chase UR points, can I upgrade using my M&S? Or does it have to be booked on/through TK?
Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Tried searching for this.

If I book a revenue ticket using Chase UR points, can I upgrade using my M&S? Or does it have to be booked on/through TK?
Thanks
You should be able to upgrade your flights using M&S miles.
There is no restriction that the booking should be made directly by TK.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You should be able to upgrade your flights using M&S miles.
There is no restriction that the booking should be made directly by TK.
Thank you! Will give it a go
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Overnight connection in IST and luggage. Flying with TK ORD-IST-MSQ. IST connection is overnight 15:30 - 13:40(+1).

Will they let me check luggage in ORD to final destination without me needing to pick up my bags in IST? I would rather no haul my bags around in Istanbul.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Artemk
Overnight connection in IST and luggage. Flying with TK ORD-IST-MSQ. IST connection is overnight 15:30 - 13:40(+1).

Will they let me check luggage in ORD to final destination without me needing to pick up my bags in IST? I would rather no haul my bags around in Istanbul.
Yes as your connection is shorter than 24 hours.
Artemk likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes as your connection is shorter than 24 hours.
Appreciate your quick answer

Also, do I understand correctly, there will be no one at TK desk at ORD until around 7pm (for 9:40p departure)?
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by Artemk; Jul 24, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Artemk
do I understand correctly, there will be no one at TK desk at ORD until around 7pm (for 9:40p departure)?
That sounds about right, although they may show up a little earlier if the inbound plane is early. Noticed that at LAX
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: TK Elite
Does anyone have any data points to share regarding award availability being I4 them disappearing overnight is there a chance of any availability reappearing? All other dates around it are showing full award availability the flight I'm eyeing is on a Monday and there is no more availability while the fight the day before on a Sunday shows full availability
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
The first year of my Elite status ended on June 30. My calculations showed that I have 25,000 miles in the first year, but throughout July the system showed that I have 75% of the miles collected. Probably the miles for flights on June 29 were not correctly calculated. Today, August 1, the system showed that I have 100 percent miles to maintain my status. Now, I can't buy any status miles. In the mobile application I have "Elite Protection Enabled" message. However, the status date hasn't changed. It is still 30 June 2020, and should be 30 June 2022.

You know, it's Turkish Airlines. Here everything is possible in a computer system.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tomwro
The first year of my Elite status ended on June 30. My calculations showed that I have 25,000 miles in the first year, but throughout July the system showed that I have 75% of the miles collected. Probably the miles for flights on June 29 were not correctly calculated. Today, August 1, the system showed that I have 100 percent miles to maintain my status. Now, I can't buy any status miles. In the mobile application I have "Elite Protection Enabled" message. However, the status date hasn't changed. It is still 30 June 2020, and should be 30 June 2022.

You know, it's Turkish Airlines. Here everything is possible in a computer system.
Yep, it's confusing
The "percentage/circle" shows the amount of miles you need to requalify in year 1+2. if you collect enough miles to requalify already in year1, the app will say "elite protection enabled" and that's it - no email confirmation, nothing.
The expiry date will only switch to 30 June 2022 on 30 June 2020 - not before.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:30 pm

Does anyone know anything about Turkish Airlines boarding process? I will be flying from ORD -> IST -> TXL next week with a musical instrument and I need to make sure I get on board early enough so that there is still room in the overhead to stash my instrument. It is too fragile to check and it easily fits in the overhead and I've travelled by air with it many times before. How many boarding zones are there for TK? Does seat selection matter? Do they board back-to-front or outside-in?

My normal strategy is to try to stand right by the gate and make sure I'm in the front of the line when my zone is called. But in some recent US flights I've seen up to 9 boarding zones and if you are in zone 9 they announce ahead of time there will not be any room in the overheads for zone 9 (fortunately I've not yet been travelling with the instrument when this has been the case).

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denace_denton
Does anyone know anything about Turkish Airlines boarding process? I will be flying from ORD -> IST -> TXL next week with a musical instrument and I need to make sure I get on board early enough so that there is still room in the overhead to stash my instrument. It is too fragile to check and it easily fits in the overhead and I've travelled by air with it many times before. How many boarding zones are there for TK? Does seat selection matter? Do they board back-to-front or outside-in?

My normal strategy is to try to stand right by the gate and make sure I'm in the front of the line when my zone is called. But in some recent US flights I've seen up to 9 boarding zones and if you are in zone 9 they announce ahead of time there will not be any room in the overheads for zone 9 (fortunately I've not yet been travelling with the instrument when this has been the case).

Any advice is appreciated.
Hi Denace_denton and welcome to FlyerTalk!

First, I would like to mention that on %50+ of Turkish Airlines flights, boarding zones are not respected and it's generally a first come first boards boarding style.
But in normal cases, boarding should be made by groups. Group A boards first followed by Group B, C, and D. These groups are allocated by seat numbers and the rear rows get group A, meanwhile, the front rows get group C and D. Also do you have status at a Star Alliance partner which would give you the privilege of priority boarding?

Overhead bins won't fill out quickly as TK does give a free checked bag allowance to all passengers regardless of route or fare while US carriers do not give baggage allowance to their passengers in Coach without status.

Also, a friendly reminder that duplicate posting is not allowed on FlyerTalk so let's continue the discussion here.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:40 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
On shorthaul I have yet to see group boarding. It's business (plus *G) and economy in most cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.