Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:57 pm

Really appreciate it, thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Trying to get the booking class code of my ticket when I trying to book

I was trying to find any sign of a chance on TK's website if they tell me what my booking code will be, but no luck.

Anyone have any idea what is the booking code for Business Semi Flexible class? Or what percentage it will have when crediting to SK.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
I was trying to find any sign of a chance on TK's website if they tell me what my booking code will be, but no luck.

Anyone have any idea what is the booking code for Business Semi Flexible class? Or what percentage it will have when crediting to SK.

Thanks,

Jerry
Hi Jerry, I guess you mean the booking class? The booking class is shown when you select the flight on the TK website. See my screenshot (D class in this case).
If you are trying to credit to SK's program, you need to check with them how much a particular class will earn. They should have a partner overview.

Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Hi Jerry, I guess you mean the booking class? The booking class is shown when you select the flight on the TK website. See my screenshot (D class in this case).
If you are trying to credit to SK's program, you need to check with them how much a particular class will earn. They should have a partner overview.

Sorry, I mean I can't find any booking class code on the website.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles
Wrong miles calculation?

Hello, I've created a Miles and Smiles account a week ago. I've read in their website that with class Y I should get 125%, but there is something wrong with the whole calculation thing. I have flown from Hamburg to Varna with a trasfer in Instanbul. So the real milage from Hamburg to Istanbul are around 1230 miles. If what is written on the webpage is true I should get 1230 * 1.25 = 1537,5 miles, but instead i got just 311. Then from Istanbul to Varna 250(which should be the minimum amount credited I suppose ). On the way back from Varna I got 500, and from Istanbul to Hamburg 622. Now how do they calculate these miles? There seems to be no logic except that I see Im getting double the miles on the way back.
Here a better view of the credited miles:
Hamburg -> Istanbul = 311
Istanbul -> Varna = 250
Varna -> Istanbul = 500
Istanbul -> Hamburg = 622

Plese break it down for me .
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by completer
Hello, I've created a Miles and Smiles account a week ago. I've read in their website that with class Y I should get 125%, but there is something wrong with the whole calculation thing. I have flown from Hamburg to Varna with a trasfer in Instanbul. So the real milage from Hamburg to Istanbul are around 1230 miles. If what is written on the webpage is true I should get 1230 * 1.25 = 1537,5 miles, but instead i got just 311. Then from Istanbul to Varna 250(which should be the minimum amount credited I suppose ). On the way back from Varna I got 500, and from Istanbul to Hamburg 622. Now how do they calculate these miles? There seems to be no logic except that I see Im getting double the miles on the way back.
Here a better view of the credited miles:
Hamburg -> Istanbul = 311
Istanbul -> Varna = 250
Varna -> Istanbul = 500
Istanbul -> Hamburg = 622

Plese break it down for me .
Hi there,

Just to be aware that Y is the general code for Economy Class. Unfortunately, in TK the boarding pass indicates the cabin-class-code, not the fare-class-code. ( FE: It's not like Lufthansa ) The fare-class code could be found in your e-ticket. To get x1.25 miles, you should have bought a Y-fare-class ticket which would cost around €3000-4000 for HAM-IST-VAR-IST-HAM. Probably your ticket is a saver fare and that's why you got reduced miles. If you share the screenshot of your e-ticket without your personal information and e-ticket number on it, I could check if everything went perfectly.

Once again, welcome to FlyerTalk.

I am attaching an example e-ticket to clarify the situation.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Feb 19, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:26 pm

Hello and thanks for the reply. I have looked trough my emails and I couldn't find the kind of e-ticket you have shown. It could be because I have no booked directly from TK website. I booked from lastminue.com and there I only got the e-ticket number.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have looked trough my emails and I couldn't find the kind of e-ticket you have shown. It could be because I have no booked directly from TK website. I booked from lastminue.com and there I only got the e-ticket number.
Welcome to FT!

2 things that come to mind:
  1. On turkishairlines.com you get "Manage Booking". For me, even after the trips, the info is there for a while. Can you try hitting your e-ticket num and your surname there to check if you can see the real information?

2. I've never booked through lastminute.com but when they send you the confirmation email (or later a e-ticket which is essentially a non-styled email with a bunch of info) isn't there some mention of the fares? You'll be looking for one of the following letters ( Y,B,S,H,M,A,O,Q,E,G,L,T,V,W,F,U,P ). Note: it is relevant if your return flight has different letters than the first 2 flights.
However, your reportings are consistent with a (W,F,U,P) class for the first two flights and a (G,L,T,V) for the return. If the fare allocation is correct or not, only looking at the ticket would anyone be able to know. (I just got them to correct a bad allocation indeed for myself)
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
  1. On turkishairlines.com you get "Manage Booking". For me, even after the trips, the info is there for a while. Can you try hitting your e-ticket num and your surname there to check if you can see the real information?
  2. I've never booked through lastminute.com but when they send you the confirmation email (or later a e-ticket which is essentially a non-styled email with a bunch of info) isn't there some mention of the fares? You'll be looking for one of the following letters ( Y,B,S,H,M,A,O,Q,E,G,L,T,V,W,F,U,P ). Note: it is relevant if your return flight has different letters than the first 2 flights.
However, your reportings are consistent with a (W,F,U,P) class for the first two flights and a (G,L,T,V) for the return. If the fare allocation is correct or not, only looking at the ticket would anyone be able to know. (I just got them to correct a bad allocation indeed for myself)
Thank You for your reply.
1. I tried that, but the website gives me an error something like "Reservation cannot be found"
2. I have gone trough the emails, but there i could only find the PNR code and the E-ticket number. Sadly I cannot post a screenshot, before I have made 5 posts .

Is it not possible to see the fare before one has booked? What I mean is, maybe I can go to TK website, check the same flights for the next week for an example, and maybe there to be able to check the fare?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thank You for your reply.
1. I tried that, but the website gives me an error something like "Reservation cannot be found"
2. I have gone trough the emails, but there i could only find the PNR code and the E-ticket number. Sadly I cannot post a screenshot, before I have made 5 posts .

Is it not possible to see the fare before one has booked? What I mean is, maybe I can go to TK website, check the same flights for the next week for an example, and maybe there to be able to check the fare?
I have contacted you via private message. It is uncommon to have a reservation that is flown and cannot found in the system.
Checking the next week's flight may not be always accurate as fare details could depend on the actual travel date.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:37 pm

This maybe a dumb question but the Turkish rep I spoke to on the phone was zero help with this. Booked a reward flight through ANA for travel on Turkish Airlines to Beirut. The ANA E-ticket had a Turkish airlines confirmation code attached to it but when I put in the Turkish Airlines website it displays the below error message. ANA says everything is good and my tickets and seats are confirmed, but when I spoke to Turkish they said they need a ticket number, of which the one ANA provided is not correct. Turkish says I need one of their tickets numbers to look at a reservation, which ANA doesn’t provide. Did I just get a lazy rep who wasn’t willing to dig or am I going to show up and not have a reservation?

Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jrc1896

This maybe a dumb question but the Turkish rep I spoke to on the phone was zero help with this. Booked a reward flight through ANA for travel on Turkish Airlines to Beirut. The ANA E-ticket had a Turkish airlines confirmation code attached to it but when I put in the Turkish Airlines website it displays the below error message. ANA says everything is good and my tickets and seats are confirmed, but when I spoke to Turkish they said they need a ticket number, of which the one ANA provided is not correct. Turkish says I need one of their tickets numbers to look at a reservation, which ANA doesn’t provide. Did I just get a lazy rep who wasn’t willing to dig or am I going to show up and not have a reservation?

Probably you have got a lazy representative, even in Turkey, TK doesn't have their own employees working on their call center. They are all third party contracted company workers so they may not be helpful at sometimes. Try entering your ANA e-ticket number to the ticket number section. Probably, it's related to the bad IT of TK. Also, I would suggest you to try on the mobile app of TK.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Probably you have got a lazy representative, even in Turkey, TK doesn't have their own employees working on their call center. They are all third party contracted company workers so they may not be helpful at sometimes. Try entering your ANA e-ticket number to the ticket number section. Probably, it's related to the bad IT of TK. Also, I would suggest you to try on the mobile app of TK.
Thank you! The ANA ticket number didn’t work but I was able to pull up the reservation on the mobile app no problem with the Turkish record locator. Thank you for getting rid of my stress over this.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
What is my likelihood of being able to bring two guests (as an Elite Plus), instead of one, into the International TK Lounge on a long layover caused by a delayed/rescheduled flight ? Even if paying...

Any similar experience is highly appreciated
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
What is my likelihood of being able to bring two guests (as an Elite Plus), instead of one, into the International TK Lounge on a long layover caused by a delayed/rescheduled flight ? Even if paying...

Any similar experience is highly appreciated
If you are a family, you should be all admitted. If you're not, you could trick the lounge staff that you're a family, go for it. Once ago, while I was Classic, we succeeded in Istanbul in the TK lounge, even when flying A3, we were 2 men and 1 women. We told the employee that I'm travelling with my sister and her husband. One of the other passengers in this trip holder an Elite Plus status, while me and the third pax didn't hold status. In reality, we didn't have any family relationship.
ricardojrsousa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.