Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:24 pm

Turkish Airlines offers a status match for Sky Team Elite Plus and OneWorld Emerald owners. I saw conflicting statements regarding status matches for Star alliance Gold (let's say United Premier Gold) status owners. Do you know if Turkish matches other Star Alliance customers?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by PeteStete
Turkish Airlines offers a status match for Sky Team Elite Plus and OneWorld Emerald owners. I saw conflicting statements regarding status matches for Star alliance Gold (let's say United Premier Gold) status owners. Do you know if Turkish matches other Star Alliance customers?
There’s a separate status match thread here on the TK forum, I suggest you spend some time there.

TK should match alliance *G, you just need to read the fine print and hop through the required hoops in order to retain your status beyond what is initially granted.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:32 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Getting conflicting info from TK call centre (suprise surprise) so any insight here is appreciated. My Elite card's validity is through Jan 2020. If I satisfy the renewal requirement in the first year, will my card be extended for another 2 years from the first card renewal date (Jan 2019) or 2 years from the end of my current membership year? In other words, will my status be extended through Jan 2021 or Jan 2022? Thanks so much.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Getting conflicting info from TK call centre (suprise surprise) so any insight here is appreciated. My Elite card's validity is through Jan 2020. If I satisfy the renewal requirement in the first year, will my card be extended for another 2 years from the first card renewal date (Jan 2019) or 2 years from the end of my current membership year? In other words, will my status be extended through Jan 2021 or Jan 2022? Thanks so much.
Jan 2022
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:13 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Jan 2022
Thanks for being a wealth of information here starflyergold. In this case, what happens to all the miles I earn in 2019 after re-qualifying? Do they count towards anything or are they not considered until the my re-qualification period resets in Jan 2020?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Far Siren
what happens to all the miles I earn in 2019 after re-qualifying? Do they count towards anything or are they not considered until the my re-qualification period resets in Jan 2020?
You can still hoard those miles for upgrades/award bookings, but that year is useless status-wise unless you aim at E+.

80k-in-12-rolling months will bump up your status.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:39 pm

Have had a flight booked on Turkish since June (Booked through Chase UR portal - so not direct) but I was able to select seats for myself and my SO. Our seats were directly next to each other up until today. Check-In today and seats appear to be reverted and reset and then randomly assigned for Economy...is this standard?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by lax01
Have had a flight booked on Turkish since June (Booked through Chase UR portal - so not direct) but I was able to select seats for myself and my SO. Our seats were directly next to each other up until today. Check-In today and seats appear to be reverted and reset and then randomly assigned for Economy...is this standard?
Not standard, hasn’t happened to me yet, but seat reservations are never 100% guaranteed with any airline.

How’d it turn out?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:58 am

Booking TK (I) award flights online

Hello. I am trying to book for 3 pax and a lap child online, xxx-IST-yyy, all TK. I understand that I can only add the infant pax after the award has been ticketed. However, I cannot put 3 pax together to book the award. There is an error message that pops up, and says I can only issue the first ticket only to my name to verify membership.

1. So, the process is to book for my ticket first. After that, hopefully the business limited (I) seats are still available, I can book the 2 other awards? What if they are no longer available, is there a free cancellation within 24hrs without penalty?

2. Also, just to confirm, since it is all TK metal, can I pay the taxes/fees (adding infant) online using my credit card without going to a sales counter?

3. Anyone tried transferring Marriott points over to TK M&S? Any data point how long it took? I tried searching at Marriott site, but no dp.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by mamak04
3. Anyone tried transferring Marriott points over to TK M&S? Any data point how long it took? I tried searching at Marriott site, but no dp.
I redeemed a Marriott Travel Package to TK in January and it took about 4 weeks for the miles to post in my M&S account. This was far longer than Marr TP to BA or VS (my only other Marr TP redemptions).
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I redeemed a Marriott Travel Package to TK in January and it took about 4 weeks for the miles to post in my M&S account. This was far longer than Marr TP to BA or VS (my only other Marr TP redemptions).
Urgh! 4 weeks! . But thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: miles and smiles
Hello there,
After the syetem updated 19th Nov, many of my personal information is missing including the phone number and address, and after I refilled these information, my total miles is correct but the "total miles since enrolling" is 0.
When I tried using my miles to invite my friend to become elite, the syetem said my miles is not enough. (which is wrong)
How that happen?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: TK*G
Any recent data on how long it takes for renewed credentials to arrive? Mine are set to expire at the end of this month and I still have not received anything yet.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by State of Trance
Any recent data on how long it takes for renewed credentials to arrive? Mine are set to expire at the end of this month and I still have not received anything yet.
IIRC, mine arrived just before expiry.

If new memberships are anything to go by, my wifes and kids cards arrived separately over a course of six weeks (new members get the card after taking the first flight and we all took it together).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:56 am

Is there a smoking area in or around the lounge. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.