Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
Originally Posted by starflyergold
DLM has customs, you will collect your bag at the domestic terminal but need to proceed through the customs exit https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...ers/index.html Immigration takes place at IST.
Perfect, thanks Starflyer!
Old May 1, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Silly question but is there a bookshop in IST?

I don't remember one but I never looked for one and haven't been to IST in 10 months so my memories may be fuzzy...
Old May 2, 2018, 10:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Silly question but is there a bookshop in IST?

I don't remember one but I never looked for one and haven't been to IST in 10 months so my memories may be fuzzy...
Yes: D&R bookshop
Old May 2, 2018, 10:59 pm

Hey all! I do believe this is one of my first ever posts on this website, so here goes!

Anyone have the leased from KQ B77W seat map? TC-LKA/B/C to be specific. I will be flying IST-DEL in a few months and I would like to sit in front of the GE90 engines if at all possible (and avoid the window-less seat...).

Furthermore, has anyone flown on these birds at all? How are they compared to the regular B77Ws that TK have?

Thanks in advance!

CA
Old May 3, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes: D&R bookshop
Awesome, I'll look for it.

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Flying TK J next week first time, how strict are they with weight concept, my ticket says 30kgs (that's less than the ME ) and I do not have *a status yet.
I usually check in 50kg+
Old May 11, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by tartempion
I usually check in 50kg+
It depends on the checkin agent. I don’t think you’ll usually have a problem with 30KG-40KG. But 50KG+, I wouldn’t risk it unless someone else has a different experience.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:24 pm

I’ll try to get weight down to 40kg for the return, I bring back a lot usually.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion
I’ll try to get weight down to 40kg for the return, I bring back a lot usually.
I would recommend in you case to buy an extra suitcase beforehand but TK doesn’t seem to have this option and their excess baggage prices are ridiculously high.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:15 am

Outbound two nearly empty bags, return reduce my usual bringings and identify low value items I could dump at check in, i’ll Have to do with less. Intend to be elite by end of September.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Hi all
travelling next month (20 days from now) on J from asi to europe

fare rules state non refundable and I realise they stick to that even in the case of medical emergencies etc..

wondering if if anyone has had experiences of flight time changes and/or aircraft changes

if the scheduled time or aircraft gets changed prior to departure is that grounds for allowing a cancellation?

thanks
Old May 23, 2018, 8:40 am

A time chage of 15 mins or more grants free cancellation. Aircraft charge doesn’t.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:22 pm

Question Status Miles on Turkish

Hello Folks,

I was looking for some information on M&S program and came across this forum. I must say it’s been great source of information and really appreciate everyone’s contribution. On that note, I’m hoping to get some clarification on status miles accumulation method etc. Turkish customer service is a disaster and after multiple attempts I still don’t have the precise information. so here is my situation; I was recently upgraded to Classic plus, however I have a shot at becoming an Elite+ with my upcoming travel for work etc. and want to make sure I don’t mess up anything ☺
  • If I fly united and use my TK frequent flyer#, will those miles be considered as status miles? Or just bonus miles?
  • Secondly, I have 2 trips planned on Turkish in a matter of 1 month and after my 1st trip I’ll earn sufficient miles to become Elite. Since I have already purchased ticket for 2nd trip as well (while being a classic plus), how will those miles be calculated? For example, 25% bonus miles etc. Is it determined at the time of ticket purchase or after you complete your travel? and if my united cosmetic travel will also counts toward it?
I need additional 53K miles to become an elite+ and I want to plan accordingly. I have couple of trips Economy trips coming up on (united and Turkish) in-addition to 1 business class (J) which alone should give me approx. 29K, but not sure how the extra 25% will work-out, and secondly if united domestic travel miles will also count towards it.

I hope my questions are not too vague or confusing. Thanks everyone in advance.

Last edited by WreckTangle; May 27, 2018 at 8:27 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 10:54 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by WreckTangle
Hello Folks,

I was looking for some information on M&S program and came across this forum. I must say it’s been great source of information and really appreciate everyone’s contribution. On that note, I’m hoping to get some clarification on status miles accumulation method etc. Turkish customer service is a disaster and after multiple attempts I still don’t have the precise information. so here is my situation; I was recently upgraded to Classic plus, however I have a shot at becoming an Elite+ with my upcoming travel for work etc. and want to make sure I don’t mess up anything ☺
  • If I fly united and use my TK frequent flyer#, will those miles be considered as status miles? Or just bonus miles?
  • Secondly, I have 2 trips planned on Turkish in a matter of 1 month and after my 1st trip I’ll earn sufficient miles to become Elite. Since I have already purchased ticket for 2nd trip as well (while being a classic plus), how will those miles be calculated? For example, 25% bonus miles etc. Is it determined at the time of ticket purchase or after you complete your travel? and if my united cosmetic travel will also counts toward it?
I need additional 53K miles to become an elite+ and I want to plan accordingly. I have couple of trips Economy trips coming up on (united and Turkish) in-addition to 1 business class (J) which alone should give me approx. 29K, but not sure how the extra 25% will work-out, and secondly if united domestic travel miles will also count towards it.

I hope my questions are not too vague or confusing. Thanks everyone in advance.
Welcome to FT and the TK forum ^
As UA is a member of the Star Alliance you will get status and bonus miles when entering your TK number. Double check the earnings table for the amount as these vary by booking class.
Once your status changes you get the corresponding miles, the purchase date does not matter. Extra miles are only earned on TK flights.
WreckTangle likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:25 am

TK earning info:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/miles-and-smiles/program-partners/airlines/turkish-airlines/index.html

UA earning info:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/miles-and-smiles/program-partners/airlines/united-airlines/index.html
WreckTangle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.