Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by flyerby

There’s not way out of it. You have to call them.
OK, went through the misery of calling call center.
Whatever language these people talk it vaguely resembles English, I hardly understand what they say/ask...
Result: within 10 minutes you can check your flights....

Which I did and it seems 2 out of 4 seat assignment were changed by some TK god. I still have 4 window seats although I don't care too much window versus aisle.
On my last week flight IST-BKK my seat on my boarding pass was also different than the one selected during booking and OLCI, from 2A to 2D.
The passenger next to 2A was not related to 2A, so no idea how came.
Nevertheless if these actions/problems happen regularly I will reconsider my exposure with TK.
I have 44k status miles booked in a 6 month time frame, but.....

Flying QR for the last 5 years I had to confirm a few flight schedules in MMB without having received a mail, but it was solved online.
This, a seat change by TK god and no way out? Something is wrong.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Hi All,
Still relatively new to this thread.. i have done some looking back and am aware of this thread which outlines the long term storage lockers in IST near a Gloria Jeans..
We'll be travelling from Asia to Africa via IST (then onto other colder places), and will need to trim 5-10KG worth of jackets and shoes for 6 days while in Africa.
After Africa we will fly to London again via IST with a 2 hour stopover... All on TK.

A few questions here:
  1. Does anyone know if these lockers are airside or after customs
  2. If the latter, will I be able to access them if I have a ticket booked straight through to LHR from Africa.. i.e., do i have the right to exit customs and come back in after collecting bags? Would I have to not check all the way through when I enter my flight in Africa?
  3. Any general advice on how I can tackle this situation.. are there any airside lockers etc..? All will be in J if that helps.. fast-track customs etc.. but if possible I'd rather not deal with the stress of worrying what will happen if the inbound flight is an hour late etc etc..

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:12 pm

I have some miles that expire at the end of June. If I want to use them, do I have to fly before the end of June or merely book the tickets by then? I would want to fly on British Airways if it makes a difference.

I couldn't find any answer to this, so apologies if I missed something.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by glyptodon
I have some miles that expire at the end of June. If I want to use them, do I have to fly before the end of June or merely book the tickets by then? I would want to fly on British Airways if it makes a difference.

I couldn't find any answer to this, so apologies if I missed something.
Merely book the tickets by then.
It doesn't make a difference as you can only get an award ticket on *A with TK miles. BA is part of OW.
*A - Star Alliance.
BA - British Airways.
OW - OneWorld in this context. One-way in others.
TK - Turkish Airlines.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:11 am

Merely book the tickets by then.
It doesn't make a difference as you can only get an award ticket on *A with TK miles. BA is part of OW.
*A - Star Alliance.
BA - British Airways.
OW - OneWorld in this context. One-way in others.
TK - Turkish Airlines.
Thanks for your reply. I totally messed up - those expiring miles aren't with TK at all! Sorry.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:52 am

Hello all, quite a newby question here.
We have booked a flight from Amsterdam to Baku and from Tbilisi back to Amsterdam. Of course through Istanbul.
We had a slight schedule change for the flight from Tbilisi to Istanbul which I had to confirm over the phone with a TK representative.
Now the flights show as separate flights (Tbilisi - Istanbul and Istanbul Amsterdam) - so a bit worried that our luggage will not be automatically labelled forward to Amsterdam?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
<<<< A few questions here:
  2. If the latter, will I be able to access them if I have a ticket booked straight through to LHR from Africa.. i.e., do i have the right to exit customs and come back in after collecting bags? Would I have to not check all the way through when I enter my flight in Africa? >>>>

Baggage Custody Services
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ttep
A few questions here:
  2. If the latter, will I be able to access them if I have a ticket booked straight through to LHR from Africa.. i.e., do i have the right to exit customs and come back in after collecting bags? Would I have to not check all the way through when I enter my flight in Africa?
  3. Any general advice on how I can tackle this situation.. are there any airside lockers etc..? All will be in J if that helps.. fast-track customs etc.. but if possible I'd rather not deal with the stress of worrying what will happen if the inbound flight is an hour late etc etc..

Thanks in advance
1. Landside, after customs.
2. Probably, but: you will need a visa; and the lines for immigration (both ways) and security (re-entering) can be long, even with fast track.
3. There are lockers in the lounge (airside) but I wouldn't leave anything there for more than a few hours.

Have you thought of shipping the extra baggage from Asia to London directly, instead of taking it all with you?

Shuly

​​​​​​​
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Thanks for the advice
i thought that was the case
i haven’t looked at the shopping direct to London option. It’s just a holiday though.. not a full relocation.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

Can you buy status miles to upgrade status, currently missing 16.000 miles for Elite plus.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by freetgy
Can you buy status miles to upgrade status, currently missing 16.000 miles for Elite plus.
Yes at $70 per 1,000 miles but only up to 10,000 miles and only in the 2nd year.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Luggage storage

Originally Posted by ttep
Thanks for the advice
i thought that was the case
i haven’t looked at the shopping direct to London option. It’s just a holiday though.. not a full relocation.

Luggage storage landside is not in lockers but a luggage storage service.
(emanet) adjacent to the THY hotel desk.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Very stupid question. I booked a super cheap ticket and now I might need to change my itinerary. I have just received an email from Turkish saying the schedule of one of my flights has changed. The change is only 10 minutes but is there any legal possibility (flying into EU) that because of that schedule change I could change the dates of my reservation for free?

Thank you
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by sodaisei
... I booked a super cheap ticket and now I might need to change my itinerary. ... The change is only 10 minutes but is there any legal possibility (flying into EU) that because of that schedule change I could change the dates of my reservation for free?
TK will change your ticket for free within a 7 day timeframe (i.e. any flight on you ticket can move forward or backwards at most 7 days) if there’s a schedule change of 15 mins or more.
Nevertheless, I suggest you try HUCA a few times to see if you can get lucky. When talking with an agent tell them that you don’t accept the schedule change and want to make changes for free. If the agent does not approve making the changes for free, tell them thank you very much and that you’ll think about it.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)

TK will change your ticket for free within a 7 day timeframe (i.e. any flight on you ticket can move forward or backwards at most 7 days) if there’s a schedule change of 15 mins or more.
Nevertheless, I suggest you try HUCA a few times to see if you can get lucky. When talking with an agent tell them that you don’t accept the schedule change and want to make changes for free. If the agent does not approve making the changes for free, tell them thank you very much and that you’ll think about it.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.