Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:21 am

Is providing feedback to TK useful at all (via email, I am not near a lounge terminal at this moment)?
I am not looking for an compensation, I am more wondering if anyone reads those emails and uses them to improve the product?
Or is this just all disconnected to the customer service team and gets "handled" but not much more?

I felt my flight back from IST to PVG was far below par. From the disappointing food options (swordfish - overcooked and very dry, pasta, chicken - both not very appetizing looking) to crew ignoring chimes and the dreaded 7E middle business class seat with a broken charging port. I thought flying the other way, where a delightful steak was on offer, was a much better experience. Also the lounge. Holy smokes. Every single time I show up the shower time is 1 hour plus now and the food for evening departures seems to have gone way downhill.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:05 am

Transfer queries at istanbul ataturk airport

We have booked to fly business class on Turkish Airlines from Edinburgh to Ho Chi Minh City via Istanbul .

Can we ask for the route EDI-IST-SGN, when we are on transit at Istanbul airport :

1) Do we need to go through Passport control? If we do, do they have a special line for business class passengers?

2) Do we need to go through security check, before we can go to their CIP /Business Class lounge?

Actually, we have read on previous threads on Flyertalk and they seem to say that passengers flying from EU countries are supposed to be "CLEAN", and therefore , they would not need to go through
security check. And I gathered that we might also not need to through passport control, but instead just head straight towards the CIP lounge.

However, we phoned Turkish Airlines, but we were TOLD the OPPOSITE. We were told that we have to go through PASSPORT CONTROL (even though we are NOT going into Istanbul city, and we will be staying airside all the time during our transit). The operator on Turkish Airlines also told us we have to go through Security check for our hand luggage eventhough we are flying from a city in the European Union.

Seems like calling TURKISH AIRLINES confused us even more as they seem to say something totally different from the advise given on Flyertalk! Can anyone help please to clarify the matter?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:57 am

Hi, I'm a Miles&Smiles member, and I'm considering to purchase a ticket with LH. However, one of the segments is "operated by LH cityline". Will it be eligible for M&S miles?

I tried TK on Facebook, they were completely useless.
Then I tried TK phone customer support, they were very nice (Maybe because I'm elite), but couldn't say, and sent me to ask LH.
I asked LH on Facebook, they replied within seconds, saying that it's probably ok but that I should double-check with M&S...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:43 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by yuval
Hi, I'm a Miles&Smiles member, and I'm considering to purchase a ticket with LH. However, one of the segments is "operated by LH cityline". Will it be eligible for M&S miles?

I tried TK on Facebook, they were completely useless.
Then I tried TK phone customer support, they were very nice (Maybe because I'm elite), but couldn't say, and sent me to ask LH.
I asked LH on Facebook, they replied within seconds, saying that it's probably ok but that I should double-check with M&S...
Yes they are eligible.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:52 am

Hey y'all, I have a question about the "Elite gift card" perk for E+ members (the one when you can gift someone Elite card for 40k miles).

Does anyone know what the validity of the partner card is? Is it 12/24 months, or do the partners get Elite as long as the "parent" account is E+?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by klausa
Hey y'all, I have a question about the "Elite gift card" perk for E+ members (the one when you can gift someone Elite card for 40k miles).

Does anyone know what the validity of the partner card is? Is it 12/24 months, or do the partners get Elite as long as the "parent" account is E+?
I was wondering (hoping) the same thing, but it makes the most sense (for TK) for the gift recipients to have to requalify on their own within the 12/24 time frames.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Jul 3, 2018 at 3:23 pm
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:45 am

I'd like to confirm something with you as I'm not sure if the person on the hotline gave me the right answer.

Situation is that I have booked a return flight with TK for 2 people. I upgrade myself with E+ vouchers, and the other person with miles, so both economy tickets, now issued in business class (J).
I am considering changing the date of the return flight, and the customer care person said that changing dates would cost $25. When I countered that those are originally non-flexible economy flights, he said that doesn't matter and they are now "miles and smiles tickets" and can be changed for $25.
This sounds a bit too good to be true, can anyone confirm? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Salomon82
I'd like to confirm something with you as I'm not sure if the person on the hotline gave me the right answer.

Situation is that I have booked a return flight with TK for 2 people. I upgrade myself with E+ vouchers, and the other person with miles, so both economy tickets, now issued in business class (J).
I am considering changing the date of the return flight, and the customer care person said that changing dates would cost $25. When I countered that those are originally non-flexible economy flights, he said that doesn't matter and they are now "miles and smiles tickets" and can be changed for $25.
This sounds a bit too good to be true, can anyone confirm? Thanks.
I am confused. Why would you argue with them if you like the resolution ? Just get it done and make sure it is done...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by flyalways
I am confused. Why would you argue with them if you like the resolution ? Just get it done and make sure it is done...
It's as simple as that: if you know TK, there's too much that can go wrong. For example:
Agents with contradicting answers, small chance that vouchers won't be rolled over, rebooking fees higher than expected (quote agent: "$100 more or less" - he couldn't even state the exact amount)

In any case, I called two more times and the conclusion is that the statement of the first agent was wrong. For a flight change, upgrade vouchers would need to be refunded, economy flight rebooked, and voucher applied again. And the penalty of the rebooking economy would be applied, together with a service charge and fare difference.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
Transit in IST from USA to Europe

Hi guys, just a quick question regarding TK and transit in IST: I know that flights which arrive from EU countries don't have to go through transit security, but rather have the option of going directly to the gates instead. Does anyone know if the same applies for flights arriving from the US? Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Salomon82
It's as simple as that: if you know TK, there's too much that can go wrong. For example:
Agents with contradicting answers, small chance that vouchers won't be rolled over, rebooking fees higher than expected (quote agent: "$100 more or less" - he couldn't even state the exact amount)

In any case, I called two more times and the conclusion is that the statement of the first agent was wrong. For a flight change, upgrade vouchers would need to be refunded, economy flight rebooked, and voucher applied again. And the penalty of the rebooking economy would be applied, together with a service charge and fare difference.
... and if your upgrade voucher expires (from previous membership year) and it's credited back, the voucher will be invalid (gone). Another option to save the upgrade is "upgrade carryover", if you change date and your wanted upgrade is the same, AND, the new date has J fare available, then you can just carryover the upgrades and pay the fare difference, if any.

The same for economy ticket upgraded with miles, however since miles have 3 years this is usually not an issue, best is just carrying the upgrades to new ticket and pay the fare difference. I also recommend doing this at ticket office with supervisor (I avoid doing this over the phone at all cost, too many things can go wrong).

There's a thread dedicated to Elite Plus Upgrade Vouchers which shouldn't be hard to find,
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Hi. This might be asked before but I cant find any threads that talk about this.

I am booking my flight through THY website and have TK*G Elite. The flight is SYD-SIN-IST-ZAG all of the sectors are TK metal except for SYD-SIN which is QF. If the flight number is QF1, would I be able to access star alliance gold lounge at SYD?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Hi. This might be asked before but I cant find any threads that talk about this.

I am booking my flight through THY website and have TK*G Elite. The flight is SYD-SIN-IST-ZAG all of the sectors are TK metal except for SYD-SIN which is QF. If the flight number is QF1, would I be able to access star alliance gold lounge at SYD?
Are you flying in front? In that case, QF should send you to their own lounge.

If you’re in Y, then no, because access rules for *G card holders want the gold card + BP for *A flight the same day. You may get lucky and get a lounge access voucher/stamp for the QF Lounge at check-in if the check-in agent is benign, but I wouldn’t count on it.

If all else fails, I would politely explain the situation to the *A lounge dragons, maybe they can make it work.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:22 pm

Hi - I've trying to complete a TK status match to requalify for elite status. Are there any decent business class fares or routes that are prone to good deals in business n this forum anywhere for a mileage run? I've seen some recent fares from Vilnius to South America, but wondering if any others, preferably starting in Europe? Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXflyer100
Hi - I've trying to complete a TK status match to requalify for elite status. Are there any decent business class fares or routes that are prone to good deals in business n this forum anywhere for a mileage run? I've seen some recent fares from Vilnius to South America, but wondering if any others, preferably starting in Europe? Thanks.
It is worthwhile to keep an eye on this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.