Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerkyl
Thank you for the reply. I assume upgrading only one leg MAD-IST is possible, right? Another question, given that one leg upgrade is possible, for the return flight AYT-IST-MAD.: Can I upgrade IST-MAD leg at check-in at AYT? Or, will this be only possible at IST? If I have to do this at IST, do I have to apply to check-in desk in IST or can the agents in the lounge handle this? By the way, my status is Elite. Thanks again.
With 15000 miles upgrading only one leg is possible. Probably, you would be able to upgrade IST-MAD at AYT as both IST and AYT operations are handled by Turkish Ground Services, just be aware that the Priority Check-in and service desk is on the left hand side of all check-in desks and has a special door to enter. If you can't upgrade at AYT, try contacting one of the transfer desks first before heading to the lounge. I assume that there would be service desks at the lounges at Istanbul Airport which you could handle issues like this but I am not sure as there is no service desk except the front desk at Atatürk Airport. Also there are help desks around the international airside area at the new airport however, during my last visit there there were no computers installed at these stations and employees were helping passengers orally and directing them to their gates if they required assistance like your issue which a computer is required.

If you provide exact travel dates I could give more accurate information as I don't know which airport you would utilize on your travel and if the lounges would be ready at your travel date.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:36 pm

Is everyone still receiving monthly email status statements? The last one I received was for October 2018 and then nothing else. Did I miss something or do I need to contact TK and check?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SloAir
Is everyone still receiving monthly email status statements? The last one I received was for October 2018 and then nothing else. Did I miss something or do I need to contact TK and check?
no monthly status emails here either
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

no monthly status emails here either
Nor here. But I've only just realised now it's been mentioned here!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Alaska Milage Plan
United Lounge access

I have purchased two first class international tickets (YVR to Koa).I have a 2 hr stop over in SFO. Why does this not give me access in SFO?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LoggerOne
I have purchased two first class international tickets (YVR to Koa).I have a 2 hr stop over in SFO. Why does this not give me access in SFO?
Do you hold a Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles card; if so what is your status and which airline are you flying? By mentioning "not give me access" probably you meant about one of the lounges?
This is the Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles forum so it would be better to contact the forum of the airline that you are flying or you hold frequent traveller status.

However, on my basic knowledge, if you don't hold a Star Gold status other than a program than MileagePlus, even though you fly First, you won't be admitted to domestic or transborder United flights. However, Hawaii flights could be different which I have no idea of.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:44 am

Hi Guys,

do you guys know if we are eglible due to the change of airports in Istanbul to rebook or cancel flight tickets free of cost?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freetgy
Hi Guys,

do you guys know if we are eglible due to the change of airports in Istanbul to rebook or cancel flight tickets free of cost?
Only if your flight is affected ( cancelled, flight time changed, etc... ). TK has already contacted all these passengers so if you have not been contacted yet that should probably mean that you are not eligible for a free cancellation or rebooking.

Just to remind you that the change of airports is not classified as AIRPORT CHANGE, it is classified as AIRPORT RELOCATION.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:52 pm

Credit card points transfer data points

hey there,
just joined M&S and made my first redemption by phone, which is currently on hold for 3 days while the points get transferred from Marriott Bonvoy and Citi Thank You.
I looked up on some travel blogs regarding the transfer times for these points, it seems to be 2-3 days, which might be a little tight when I have to issue the ticket.
What are your experiences with transferring points? Data points would be highly appreciated.
thanks!
PS. when transferring, I put my membership number with the TK prefix (as shown on my M&S account page), hopefully thats the right way to do it?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
hey there,
just joined M&S and made my first redemption by phone, which is currently on hold for 3 days while the points get transferred from Marriott Bonvoy and Citi Thank You.
I looked up on some travel blogs regarding the transfer times for these points, it seems to be 2-3 days, which might be a little tight when I have to issue the ticket.
What are your experiences with transferring points? Data points would be highly appreciated.
thanks!
PS. when transferring, I put my membership number with the TK prefix (as shown on my M&S account page), hopefully thats the right way to do it?
2-3 days is also my experience for transfers from citi thankyou to Miles&Smiles. I did not put the TK–prefix with Citi, but this should not be an issue...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

2-3 days is also my experience for transfers from citi thankyou to Miles&Smiles. I did not put the TK–prefix with Citi, but this should not be an issue...
many thanks for the info!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Are stopovers on TK still allowed in IST for free on a award? It would be a one way to ATH from Asia.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:07 am

hey there,
thanks!
Just to add my own data point: the points came in 1.5 days, both from Marriott and Citi.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Just to add my own data point: the points came in 1.5 days, both from Marriott and Citi.
Thanks for reporting back!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:49 am

I am trying to check my flights via Turkish web but the one seems not to work. It is a trip booked via SAS milage Points.

thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.