Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: TK*G
Talking

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I always asked myself which date is used for miles calculations in M&S: The date when the flight is taken or the date when the miles actually post to the account?
For example, let's say somebody's Elite status expires on May 31st and on May 30th, that person takes flights that would allow him to renew the Elite status. Given that miles post with a 2-3 day delay, would the account on June 1st show Classic Plus status and once miles post be upgraded again to Elite? Or would the account stay Classic Plus because the miles posted after the expiry date?

that was my question, although perhaps I hadn't explained very well
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Question: If I fly JFK-FRA on LH in Business Class P , can I get mileage credit in Miles and Smiles on Turkish Airlines ?? Or will Turkish not give me anything as it is Business Restricted ?? Also, how about Z class ??
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by dave69newyork
question: If i fly jfk-fra on lh in business class p , can i get mileage credit in miles and smiles on turkish airlines ?? Or will turkish not give me anything as it is business restricted ?? Also, how about z class ??
p - 0%
z - 135%
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Thank you Flyerby. One final question. I looked at Turkish Airlines partner site. My question is following: on United Airlines P Class we are able now to get mileage on TK. IF the ticket is bought on UA website, with a UA flight number but flight is operated by LH in P class ( Meaning I bought the ticket from UA and got a UA boarding pass ) would I not get any miles on TK ??
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
Thank you Flyerby. One final question. I looked at Turkish Airlines partner site. My question is following: on United Airlines P Class we are able now to get mileage on TK. IF the ticket is bought on UA website, with a UA flight number but flight is operated by LH in P class ( Meaning I bought the ticket from UA and got a UA boarding pass ) would I not get any miles on TK ??
No miles.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Regardless of marketing carrier, Lufthansa P is a huge zero on Miles&Smiles.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
May I ask what happend with the prices since June 1th ? The Domestic business class segments (e.g. AYT-IST-ESB) have gone up from 170-195€ to 223-250€,
Is this normal because of the summer travel period?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FaBSy
May I ask what happend with the prices since June 1th ? The Domestic business class segments (e.g. AYT-IST-ESB) have gone up from 170-195€ to 223-250€,
Is this normal because of the summer travel period?
Probably due to the busy summer season. BJV, DLM and GZP flights are the same.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Dear all,

I want to switch my frequent flyer from Thai (after 20 years) to Turkish Airways, due to a mileage devaluation. Kindly bear with the following newbie questions:

a. Likelihood that one could get a non-Business Seat Guaranteed for a long haul flight from Asia to Europe

Just like to check, what is the likelihood that one could get a non-Business Seat Guaranteed for a long haul flight from Asia to Europe? I did some random checks and could not find anything this year. The difference is more than 50% savings.

b. HOw to view the business class redemption with a week overview

Is there a way to see show flights for the whole week for business class redemption? I currently can only see it for economy class (because the mileage is the lowest I presume).

Thank you everyone.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anaidross
Dear all,

I want to switch my frequent flyer from Thai (after 20 years) to Turkish Airways, due to a mileage devaluation. Kindly bear with the following newbie questions:

a. Likelihood that one could get a non-Business Seat Guaranteed for a long haul flight from Asia to Europe

Just like to check, what is the likelihood that one could get a non-Business Seat Guaranteed for a long haul flight from Asia to Europe? I did some random checks and could not find anything this year. The difference is more than 50% savings.

b. HOw to view the business class redemption with a week overview

Is there a way to see show flights for the whole week for business class redemption? I currently can only see it for economy class (because the mileage is the lowest I presume).

Thank you everyone.
a. Some Asian routes are popular such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, etc... and there wouldn't be available to get a non-guaranteed ( saver ) Business Class seat. However, in some routes such as BKK, there would be plenty of availability. European routes generally have availability in non-guaranteed ( saver ) award availability unless you are planning to book a saver award 5-10 days before the flight.

b. Unfortunately, only for the seat that has the lowest mileage. So, there wouldn't be a specific place to see Business Class availability for a week in one single search.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Thank you very much for the quick reply. May I trouble to check also on the following:

a. Is it possible to change / cancel a non-guaranteed (saver) award? If so, how much does it cost and will my miles be re-credited for cancellation?

b. Should changing of a "non-guaranteed (saver) award" is possible, do I also need to find a date with "non-guaranteed (saver) award" availability for the change (assuming I manage to book a "non-guaranteed (saver) award" already)

Thank you for your patience.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by anaidross
a. Is it possible to change / cancel a non-guaranteed (saver) award? If so, how much does it cost and will my miles be re-credited for cancellation?

b. Should changing of a "non-guaranteed (saver) award" is possible, do I also need to find a date with "non-guaranteed (saver) award" availability for the change (assuming I manage to book a "non-guaranteed (saver) award" already)
$25 for change/chancel.
No need to find a date. Just cancel.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:22 pm

I just transferred Citi TY points to TK and was amazed to see that the points appeared almost instantly (same day), despite the notice it should take 14 days...
Is that a normal occurrence or fluke? Can make a huge difference to my redemption strategy if this can be relied on..
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by austrianflyer
I just transferred Citi TY points to TK and was amazed to see that the points appeared almost instantly (same day), despite the notice it should take 14 days...
Is that a normal occurrence or fluke? Can make a huge difference to my redemption strategy if this can be relied on..
better than Marriott to Delta.....its coming up to 4 days and my chances of losing that F seat go up everyday. It says can take up to 6 weeks.......which is ridiculous.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I have done a status match to M&S from FB and I am set to complete all goals later this day as outlined in the terms below.

The Elite card trial period is 4 months. Subsequent to the inclusion of an international flight you will perform with Turkish Airlines within the first 4 months following the beginning of your Elite membership in your account, your trial period will be extended for 8 months and regarded valid for one year in total. If you earn 15,000 status miles in Turkish Airlines international line flights in the first year of your Elite membership, your membership will be extended for one year, and it will be valid for two years in total. If the first flight you will perform within the trial period is Business class, you will earn 50% more status miles.
The status match was requested in September 2018, and today I will manage the goal of 15,000 status miles on TK flights only. What would the normal requirements be for keeping *G the upcoming year? (second year/one year extension which is talked about in the requirements above)

I'm a bit puzzled as how the normal cycle will look for from now on as per keeping Elite or even going for Elite Plus. Any answer from one of the TK experts here would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.