Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:47 am

16J A321

Hello,

I'm on what appears to be a 16J seat A321 tomorrow. Does anyone know if this aircraft has real business class seats or the 'euro' configuration? The only online maps are either 12J or 20J, so I'm unsure where this aircraft fits in.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Hard to say, because short haul aircraft can get swapped on short notice for no apparent rhyme or reason to the consumer, but if the seats in your J map read AC DF, you probably habe the blocked middle seat configuration.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Hard to say, because short haul aircraft can get swapped on short notice for no apparent rhyme or reason to the consumer, but if the seats in your J map read AC DF, you probably habe the blocked middle seat configuration.
Thanks. I'm assigned 2B, so maybe a A321NEO??? The flight is LED-IST.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by riced
Thanks. I'm assigned 2B, so maybe a A321NEO??? The flight is LED-IST.
This thread may be helpful, determining the aircraft type.
The Complete Guide to the Turkish Airlines Fleet
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This thread may be helpful, determining the aircraft type.
The Complete Guide to the Turkish Airlines Fleet
Thank you. Just what I was looking for. From the flight history it looks like possibly a 32R when looking at the registration numbers. I'll know more tomorrow when the inbound flight gets assigned.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Lounge access for family at ISL

Hi,
Myself and my family are travelling in a months time with a 3 hour layover at the new ISL airport. The lounge looks great.

I'm star gold (SAS//eurobonus) so I get one guest (my ten year old) and I guess my youngest gets in as an infant (1.5 years)? Is there any way to get my wife in to the lounge as well? Otherwise she'll hit the shops and I'll be left running round the lounge after my kids...

Perhaps I could upgrade one ticket to business class?
-Barry
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by barbro66
Hi,
Myself and my family are travelling in a months time with a 3 hour layover at the new ISL airport. The lounge looks great.

I'm star gold (SAS//eurobonus) so I get one guest (my ten year old) and I guess my youngest gets in as an infant (1.5 years)? Is there any way to get my wife in to the lounge as well? Otherwise she'll hit the shops and I'll be left running round the lounge after my kids...

Perhaps I could upgrade one ticket to business class?
-Barry
If you have the gold card, you take one guest or your family members with you. That means that you can enjoy the lounge with your wife and kids at the same time.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Originally Posted by dolevo
If you have the gold card, you take one guest or your family members with you. That means that you can enjoy the lounge with your wife and kids at the same time.
Thanks dolevo. I had thought you only got one guest in with star gold?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by barbro66
Thanks dolevo. I had thought you only got one guest in with star gold?
See this link from Turkish Airlines (guessing it is the same in all *A members): https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-j...hts/index.html

It says "Our Elite and Elite Plus passengers can enter Lounge Istanbul with their family members (spouse and children) or one guest, and Star Alliance Gold Card holders can enter Lounge Istanbul with one guest."
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
AFAIK Lounge guessing for >1 family members at IST TK’s own elites, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Would still ask, Turks in general are GREAT with kids.
ISTFlyer and dolevo like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:35 am

I will be in the lounge on Sunday before my flight to SFO. I will ask this question and let you guys know.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:15 am

I will be in the lounge on Sunday before my flight to SFO. I will ask this question and let you guys know.
gr8pirate is right. Reporting straight from the lounge and the lady confirmed it.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
gr8pirate is right. Reporting straight from the lounge and the lady confirmed it.
Thanks for reporting back but from your sentence, it's not clear if the agents applied the rule and rejected your kids to the lounge or if they were helpful and admitted you in as a whole family.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thanks for reporting back but from your sentence, it's not clear if the agents applied the rule and rejected your kids to the lounge or if they were helpful and admitted you in as a whole family.
Hey ISTFlyer . I am not the one who is gonna travel with the kids. It was barbro66 . I have already made the best choice years ago to have Miles&Smiles card instead of any other
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey ISTFlyer . I am not the one who is gonna travel with the kids. It was barbro66 . I have already made the best choice years ago to have Miles&Smiles card instead of any other
Hey dolevo, sorry for addressing the wrong question to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.