Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KGDIII
You can always request a new card. - log into your account, then go to "My Account" and then click on "Card Operations" from there you can click on request replacement card.
Thanks, I just did this now, did not see it before.^
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
Why does TK use thermal printing (gold) instead of emboss printing?
The thermal printing output is not resistant to the scratch.
It makes the card look very low quality.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Did anyone get a successful status match recently from oneworld emerald - maybe non BA/AA but from one of the Asian/LatAm oneworld members?
Also did anyone with Turkish nationality receive a successful status match?

I'm QF Platinum, originally from Turjey and have upcoming trips planned to Turkey. Would be keen to have status matched and enjoy those trips on TK in comfort - but I don't know if it'll be a waste of time or not.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thanks, I just did this now, did not see it before.^
How you recived it?
I did the same 8 weeks ago, after i forgot the card on a flight to HKG, and still havent recived the card yet
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Finally received my match today - though they seem to have the slowest site in the world! Now where do they fly in Turkey direct from the UK
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown
Did anyone get a successful status match recently from oneworld emerald - maybe non BA/AA but from one of the Asian/LatAm oneworld members?
Also did anyone with Turkish nationality receive a successful status match?

I'm QF Platinum, originally from Turjey and have upcoming trips planned to Turkey. Would be keen to have status matched and enjoy those trips on TK in comfort - but I don't know if it'll be a waste of time or not.
Got a match from LAN Comodoro (OW Emerald) to Turkish Gold (*A Gold).

Took about 1 1/2 months

Cheers!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
What type of Flying Blue membership statement are people sending that is being approved. I tried sending a pdf copy of my monthly email newsletter/ statements I get, but apparently these are not acceptable. Where can I find the right kind? On the flying blue website?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:54 pm

Virgin Atlantic

The highest level with Virgin Atlantic is their GOLD
While they have great lounge in LHR and JFK and their upper class is very nice, their routing is limited (and they are not yet part of any alliance)

Will TK do a status match with them or does it have to be on eof OW member?

thnx
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:50 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Applied Jan 8
Approved March 22
Received my card in today's mail, along with 2 luggage tags. ^
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Far too many
TK Status Match with Virgin America Elevate?

I see in the OP that TK was not then matching non-alliance status.

Still true?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

I am trying Gulfair Gold. In my view a direct competitor.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by travel light
I see in the OP that TK was not then matching non-alliance status.

Still true?
No, they are matching all Elite-statuses; *A and competitors, according to what I have seen here the last year.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Matched to "Elite" 4/22. Sent the request 4/17, extremely fast answer since there was a weekend in-between. On top of the account statement and picture of my *G card I referred to my booking in business class to be flown on 4/24, and sent a polite email asking for it to be considered before that date. I assume that helped speeding the process up. :-:
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Zeehe
Matched to "Elite" 4/22. Sent the request 4/17, extremely fast answer since there was a weekend in-between. On top of the account statement and picture of my *G card I referred to my booking in business class to be flown on 4/24, and sent a polite email asking for it to be considered before that date. I assume that helped speeding the process up. :-:
It doesn't appear that your booking made a difference. I requested (for the third time…first time my card had expired by the time they got to processing it) on the 17th as well and woke up this morning to an approval email. No bookings with TK at the moment.

Now to hope that the card gets here before I leave for New Zealand. Of course, I'm mainly concerned about baggage and seat selection on domestic flights, which should be covered by having my TK number in the booking. Will give 24 hours before I ping NZ about verifying that my number shows *G in their systems. I know with ST, status gets pulled at ticketing and you sometimes have to have them forcibly update it if you move up between booking and flying.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
It doesn't appear that your booking made a difference. I requested (for the third time…first time my card had expired by the time they got to processing it) on the 17th as well and woke up this morning to an approval email. No bookings with TK at the moment.
Good to hear it worked for you. Maybe they just had a good weekend then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.