Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
interesting data point for you guys:

I matched begining of this month, I logged in and request lost card replacement. I just received my replacement card without depositing a flight segment. Haven't received any welcome package.

So it may be a strategy to request lost card online and bypass having to deposit a flight segment. it came fairly fast too like in 2 weeks.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Has anyone been able to match to TK Elite Plus? If so with what?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I applied for a status match on 1/6/2013 and was approved today, 4/22/2013.

I am United 1K and American Executive Platinum. Turkish wrote me and email saying I would be receiving an "Elite Card".

What advantages does this Elite Card have over already having Star Alliance Gold status through United?

I read somewhere that with the Elite Card, I'd be able to access United lounges while traveling domestically within the US. For example, flying from Washington DC to Chicago on United in economy. Would I be able to access the United lounge in DC using my Turkish Elite Card, even though Turkish is nowhere to be found on my itinerary?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by ChiCityJetsetter
I applied for a status match on 1/6/2013 and was approved today, 4/22/2013.

I am United 1K and American Executive Platinum. Turkish wrote me and email saying I would be receiving an "Elite Card".

What advantages does this Elite Card have over already having Star Alliance Gold status through United?

I read somewhere that with the Elite Card, I'd be able to access United lounges while traveling domestically within the US. For example, flying from Washington DC to Chicago on United in economy. Would I be able to access the United lounge in DC using my Turkish Elite Card, even though Turkish is nowhere to be found on my itinerary?
Yes. You do not need to be flying Turkish to use the privileges of the card. United lounges a prime example.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by iamaho
Yes. You do not need to be flying Turkish to use the privileges of the card. United lounges a prime example.
Excellent, thanks! I wonder what that rationale behind this is. You would think that United would offer lounge access to it's best customers already, but they don't. I don't get it.

Any other advantages that this Turkish Elite Card has over the United Star Alliance Gold card I already have?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by ChiCityJetsetter
Excellent, thanks! I wonder what that rationale behind this is. You would think that United would offer lounge access to it's best customers already, but they don't. I don't get it.

Any other advantages that this Turkish Elite Card has over the United Star Alliance Gold card I already have?
Your gold status lasts 2 years with Turkish elite membership. Requalification requirements are also lower with Turkish.
Gold status is valid for only 1 year on United before you need to requalify again.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
Has anyone been able to match to TK Elite Plus? If so with what?
You asked the question on April 16 already and it had been answered by StarFlyerGold.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20600822-post153.html
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
My status match was accepted yesterday, after about 3 months of trying!! I'm now in Cairo and I have used the lost card function to get a card to my address (here for next 26 days) not sure whether Istanbul-Cairo post will work that quickly, given the lack of postal service efficiency here but fingers crossed.

Otherwise, i'm flying with TK from CAI-IST on 15/5 then IST-NCE 17/5. Hopefully I can get a lounge access coupon in CAI from the check in staff since I may not have my card by then...And then i'll goto to the miles&smiles card printing machine at IST and get a real card.

I assume theres no website where you can print a temporary card? Apart from the initial activation link (which for me still says Classic).

Last edited by Perk; Apr 23, 2013 at 11:03 am
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:13 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
For those that got a successful match - congratulations to you.

I received an email request, like many others, on or around March 24, 2013 requesting that i send an update of my continuing status.

Since it had been 4 months since my original request in Dec 2012, TK was concerned that I was simply using them for status. I re-submtted the form - unfortunately I am now AC Star Silver (from AC Star Gold) with about 39 EQM's last year, and some 4,000 EQM's on Etihad.

Again it has been another 30 days or so with complete silence.

Must be one guy (or girl) processing the requests . . .
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Why bother? This offer has been dead for over a month.
I am glad I bothered, I was upgraded to Elite today after weeks of email tennis and a call. So, the status match worked for me albeit slowly and with some strange requests.

Kind regards.

20-Horse
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
WOW

I applied last week and got the email today that I am now TK Elite. I was about to give up trying as I tried 3 times late last year and early this year and was back and forth with emails or did not get answers. Glad to see they got their act together.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
seems like they have picked up the backlog of requests! Awaiting my card to arrive now keenly

Feel a bit silly when I once received an email from a certain TK address and replying "Dear Musteri"...turns out MUSTERI ILETISIM MERKEZI means Customer Relations or similar and not a persons name
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got approved today finally after 2 requests for 'latest' statements and card!
Glad I kept trying!

I hope I can continue to credit miles to United but use Star Gold privelages(baggage/lounge mainly)
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
That you can do. Just bring your card with you and show it when entering the lounge or when checking in.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: KLM Gold, AB Gold, TK Gold, Hilton Gold
Tried with Oman Air Gold but get a negative answer after a few days. I have a Business Class Flight to EZE coming up should try it again ? Any other idea how to get the match ?

Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.