Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by elpiett
4 months after my original request, in which I included screen shots of my FB account page, I finally got a reply last week asking for a copy of my gold card. I felt like replying I don't do gold, only platinum Anyway, I took a pic of my platinum FB card and mailed it to them a few days ago. Still classic status now...
I had sent my statement mid-January without a picture of the card (hadn't received it yet). I got the same reply 2 weeks ago, but I've been waiting again ever since. I guess the next time they'll take a look at our replies is when they have processed all the other ones
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Hi Johan, the expiry date on my NZ*G card was 04/13 and the expiry date on my Star Alliance Gold card was 30/04/2013. I applied in mid-Jan so only had just over 3 months left on my membership to status match from. I did mention that I had a flight with TK later this year which may have played a part, but I doubt it seeing as the response E-Mail back was quite generic to others that have been granted a status match. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I sent them a pic of my new Flying Blue Platinum Elite card (expiry 3/14), which I recently received. My new BAEC card has yet to arrive. Will see what happens. I should probably not have sent them proof of top tier membership in two programs, that only seems to confuse them.

Johan
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, ANA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
- Applied on Jan 7
- Got matched on Mar 21
- Got my Miles&Smiles Elite card in the mail today, Apr 6!

So three months from start to finish, but totally worth it for Star Alliance Gold until 2015.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
Originally Posted by Daoane
I had sent my statement mid-January without a picture of the card (hadn't received it yet). I got the same reply 2 weeks ago, but I've been waiting again ever since. I guess the next time they'll take a look at our replies is when they have processed all the other ones
Guess so, I'm still on classic status. I have a trip with Adria coming up next week. I'll put those miles on my M&S card. Maybe having some miles in the account might help?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by elpiett
Guess so, I'm still on classic status. I have a trip with Adria coming up next week. I'll put those miles on my M&S card. Maybe having some miles in the account might help?
Miles credited seems not to matter, nor speed up the process. From what I can tell they seem to do sweeps through the membership requests which don't often happen hence the delay; however its safe to say its a nice feeling when you get the acknowledgement and the newly minted *G status for 24 months! ^
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Applied January 8th
Approved March 22nd
*A Gold thru 1/15
Old Apr 8, 2013, 5:21 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Applied January 8th
Approved March 22nd
*A Gold thru 1/15
Congratulations my twin ^

Did you apply with your UA 1K card ?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:23 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by G_G
Congratulations my twin ^

Did you apply with your UA 1K card ?
Thank you my twin! Yes, I applied with my UA1k card.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Can you match for the Elite Plus from Turksih? IE the black card? Maybe with UA 1K or AA EXP? Is that possible? that would be really nice
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
Can you match for the Elite Plus from Turksih? IE the black card? Maybe with UA 1K or AA EXP? Is that possible? that would be really nice
No, they only match, if at all, to elite level.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Applied March 24. Got email confirmation of match today. Says my Elite card will be mailed.

Compared to other reports in this thread, this seems FAST.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

thought it would be worth mentioning - tried matching my airberlin gold card (oneworld sapphire) and was denied.
i was told they only match oneworld emeralds and nothing less.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by turbjuo
thought it would be worth mentioning - tried matching my airberlin gold card (oneworld sapphire) and was denied.
i was told they only match oneworld emeralds and nothing less.
Companion also confirms this, only other *G, Skyteam Elite Plus or Oneworld Emeralds, nothing less.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Got this from Turkish today:

Not exactly sure what they mean by "we would like you to send the original copy of your Gold membership card (not screenshot of your card)"

From the message, I don't think they want the physical card itself, as I would never send them that, since I need it for use. But can anyone explain - not screenshot of your card, but original copy? I used a scanner to scan the cards before putting it in a PDF to send to Turkish.

"In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the original copy of your Gold membership card (not screenshot of your card)

We apologize that we cannot accept the electronic version of your statement. Could you please send the original statement which shows your full name on it.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en"
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by iamaho
Got this from Turkish today:

Not exactly sure what they mean by "we would like you to send the original copy of your Gold membership card (not screenshot of your card)"

From the message, I don't think they want the physical card itself, as I would never send them that, since I need it for use. But can anyone explain - not screenshot of your card, but original copy? I used a scanner to scan the cards before putting it in a PDF to send to Turkish.

"In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the original copy of your Gold membership card (not screenshot of your card)

We apologize that we cannot accept the electronic version of your statement. Could you please send the original statement which shows your full name on it.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en"
I think they mean a picture of the actual shiny card, rather than a screenshot of your account statement indicating status. Then again I might be wrong, but I can't imagine they want your plastic through the post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.