Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Another example of a status match finally coming through. I applied two days before AlwaysFlyStay (on Jan 2, 2013) and got the same message late last night. I had given up hope that this was happening, but in my case, at least, it was just delayed, and not ignored.

For reference, I applied as a UA 1K within a few days of my 1K status posting to my account online. I hadn't received the card yet, so I sent them my Platinum card and a copy of my online statement.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Another data point, applied on 3rd Jan 2013 by emailing and got the same approval message today. so overall took over 2 months, but at least they are still processing old email requests after the comms system change. And they are still offering the matches!

Expiry 31 Jan 2015!

Cheers THY!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, ANA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
I applied on January 7th as a UA Premier Gold. Haven't received any email reply, but when I logged in to my Miles&Smiles Account today I saw that I'd been upgraded to Elite (*G), valid until 01/31/15.

This offer ain't dead yet!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:18 am

updated data point,

I received a new email this morning like the following. Glad that I finally got approved.

Dear dingalpha,

Referring to your e-mail message dated 08.01.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

Originally Posted by dingalpha
Another data point.

I sent my status match request in Jan 2013 , via both emails and online forms, with my AA EXP status. Today I received an email reply like this

"

Dear dingalpha,

We kindly informed that , According our rules and Conditionals of program partner of Star Alliance, Just program partners can claim miles/ match status with a another airlines. Due to reason why American Airlines is not a program partner, we kindly cannot approve your request.

For more information,please visit the link as shown below
http://www.thy.com/en-INT/miles_and_...ers/index.aspx Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Kind Regards,
To reply to this message or for your compliments - complaints, you may fill in the feedback form (http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en ) on our website. You may also call us at +90 212 4440849 +90 850 3330849

You have 0 miles in your TK********* Classic membership account. You can claim your missing flights via https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en link with your membership ID and PIN Code.
If your MilesSmiles card number is provided while making your reservation and at check-in, miles will be credited automatically to your account within two days following your flight.

Please note that in order to inform you on time regarding the possible operational changes about your flight, we highly recommended you to add your contact information and membership number -if available- on your reservation.

www.thy.com
"
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, Flying Blue Gold, AClub Gold
I have requested a status match in the beginning of January and yesterday I've got this reply:

Dear Terminal 3,

The Gold card copy you sent us expired on 03/13
Therefor we kindly need to ask you to send us a copy of your new card showing your new expiry date which will show us that you have extende your gold level for another period.

Kindly also add new statement copies for the last 2 month period.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.

Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
Customer Contact Center
Unfortunately I haven't been able to renew my LH Senator Card, so I'm not able to send in a new gold card
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting developments. My wife and I applied around Jan. 8 and are still classics. Upon seeing Gary's blog post we reapplied earlier this week with the new email.

As a UA Premier 1K, I'm really just looking for a card that will get me into the USA lounges for free.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
I sent the request on 27 Jan.
Hope that my request will be approved too.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:28 am
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I got the same email as Terminal 3 - tried the link stated in the email - multiple problems with filling out their form and was only able to upload one of the document they requested before getting knocked out of the system. However, I have replied to the email with my attachments and will see what happens...
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by LH4116
Damn, that's a shame. Especially for us who really had the intention of keeping Gold with Turkish. Thanks a lot US Domestic freeloaders...
Why not just put miles into M&S? It's not that many more miles than renewal within a year.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I applied on Jan 12 and got approval a few days ago.

Has anyone been successful in getting a card showing the updated status?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

I just sent a PDF scan of my dividend miles preferred gold card and my last two statements....I will let the forum know when I hear aomething
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincewy
Why not just put miles into M&S? It's not that many more miles than renewal within a year.
Starting from scratch would require 65000 miles, so then I'd rather post to another airline.

Luckily however my match went through this morning. Submitted my request in January, so it took more than two months. Since I'll be flying TK Business this summer, I will have requalified to January 31 2017.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:10 am

Q: what TK status for BA Silver?

Will TK match BA Silver? Or, do they only accept BA Gold? Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by LH4116
Starting from scratch would require 65000 miles, so then I'd rather post to another airline.
No, starting from scratch requires 40.000 miles, which is easily done if you fly comfort or C long-haul a few times a year.

I guess you confuse it with 25.000 for classic plus and 40.000 for Elite, but it's 25.000 for Classic Plus and then just another 15.000 to hit Elite. Then it's only 25.000 in a year to re-qualify, so it's very easy I would say. I joined M&S in April last year and I requalified my Elite+ a month ago, so my *G is now valid until Dec 2018.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
I submitted my request for a match from Flying Blue on 27 December and I was matched today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.